Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Sette Venom with a dual crown?

4K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  jmallory 
#1 ·
Hey all,

So I have a Sette Venom (Pricepoint's catalog freeride frame) and now it has a 180mm Domain on it. I am thinking about putting a dual crown (older Boxxer Team or Race probably) on it to make it more slack and because I want to use the domain on another bike. I know the frame was built around a SC but I was wondering if anyone has experience or knowledge about putting a DC on the frame, I would rather the HT not break off. I know the frame isn't the top choice at all, but it was a college budget allowed so any help is appreciated.

Paul

#5 ·
The Venom is a catalog frame which has been used many times before. In fact, the Team KHS used one a few years ago( minus the swing link) with a dual crown. See attached. Also, Ibex used the same frame (agin, the version before the swinglink) and ran a dual crown on it as delivered.

BTW, I have a Domain 180 on mine and I love it...

Attachments

#8 ·
RSabarese said:
The Venom is a catalog frame which has been used many times before. In fact, the Team KHS used one a few years ago( minus the swing link) with a dual crown. See attached. Also, Ibex used the same frame (agin, the version before the swinglink) and ran a dual crown on it as delivered.

BTW, I have a Domain 180 on mine and I love it...
My God, how much does that thing weigh??? Looks like it was built by the same group of guys that used to build old german war tanks!!! Pretty freaking mean looking though.

#11 ·
I bought a Venom frame and built it up simply based on price. It has been a great door opener into DH/FR. I have a Domain 180 on it and it feels great, though I have toyed with the idea of a DC. The only reason I wouldn't is because I pedal this bike up everything I ride down. It does make me want a true DH rig soon...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.