Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Err
    Calm like a bomb

Self-contained DH shuttle system - sweet!

Check it, been working towards this setup for a while.

Carry my street legal KTM on the back of my truck, drop it at the bottom of a shuttle run. Drive up, ride down, use KTM to get back to truck. I can easily carry about 6 bikes and riders.

Repeat, repeat, repeat.

Drink heavily

Repeat, repeat, repeat...

clyde in training
    you can carry six bikes and riders on your ktm?

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    Quote Originally Posted by 08nwsula
    you can carry six bikes and riders on your ktm?
    sure, one on each foot peg

squish is good
    I've seen alot of guys use this technique with mini-bikes! Great way to save some gas.
    Bike good, work bad.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Dude, that is brilliant!

I'm gonna look for a cheapo used 50cc to throw in the back of my truck.

I had another thought of using a horse as a shuttle rig. Ride it up and teach it to follow you back down!

gnar, brah
    And they say there is no such thing as a perpetual motion machine...

Nice work dude, that looks like a party kit if I've ever seen one!
    Trestle Bike Park

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt_Dog
    Dude, that is brilliant!

I'm gonna look for a cheapo used 50cc to throw in the back of my truck.

I had another thought of using a horse as a shuttle rig. Ride it up and teach it to follow you back down!
    Horse shuttle is by far the superior shuttle system. That would be a real sight to see.

A cheap enduro bike would really work just fine. I'll be using the KTM for more than just a shuttle system or I could have gone with a real basic dual sport. Something street legal is key in case you have to drive on roads which accounts for almost all of our local shuttles.

biking is fun
    looks like fun man, now we don't have to drive my wife's beater truck up to the start of empire. i don't think it had too many of those trips left in it.
    now we just need the snow to melt so we can try it out.

by the way. i just got my BR all done. i want to come over and weigh it. is the pump track up and going too? i want to do some riding.. im going nuts

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    Quote Originally Posted by climbingbubba
    looks like fun man, now we don't have to drive my wife's beater truck up to the start of empire. i don't think it had too many of those trips left in it.
    now we just need the snow to melt so we can try it out.

by the way. i just got my BR all done. i want to come over and weigh it. is the pump track up and going too? i want to do some riding.. im going nuts
    Pump track is pretty darn close, I've ridden it a little but these late season storms keep messing it up. We'll have to hookup next week and weigh that beast, headed to Virgin in a bit to ride for the weekend. Going to be the first time to try out the new shuttle system.

surf-ride-repeat
    Quote Originally Posted by Err
    Check it, been working towards this setup for a while.

Carry my street legal KTM on the back of my truck, drop it at the bottom of a shuttle run. Drive up, ride down, use KTM to get back to truck. I can easily carry about 6 bikes and riders.

Repeat, repeat, repeat.

Drink heavily

Repeat, repeat, repeat...

Can we be friends?

dirt visionary
    I use my quad for one of our 2hr downhill runs. Park the quad and lock it up at the bottom.Then ride down to it . Once down we pack the bikes on a homemade rack and off we go back up the mountain. For those times there is more riders I hook a trailer to the quad and can get 4 people and bikes up the mountain pretty quick.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

mtbr member
    where do you live?

MY NIGGA!

mtbr member
    I dont know when this will actually happen but in around 10, 20, or 30 years we will not have to drive our cars anymore. They will drive themselves. We already have some cars built that drive without a driver. Im sure there will be some way to set up the car so that it drives down by itself to the end of the trail is.

Flying Goat
    wow... thats a pretty good system you got going on there... can we be friends? XD

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpercussive
    wow... thats a pretty good system you got going on there... can we be friends? XD
    Titan, KTM, Intense SS... He's already my friend!
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    The internet sounds like a tough place to ride.

mtbr member
    damn it and i just sold my mini. i never thought of doing that either. maybe its time to buy another and do all the street legal mods to it.

Equal opportunity meanie
    Isn't that an F250?

If you're taking multiple people and doing multiple runs why don't you just do odd-man out shuttles? Always quicker. For solo runs I've seen that work really well. My whole take on that has been: just go ride the dirt bike, a LOT. That's too much effort for one shuttle run when it probably just as fast to hike up anyway.

Full size truck though man, bike's gotta go inside it....those moto racks are for FJ Cruisers and minivans.

I'm liking the KTM. I am thinking the 450 EXC might be my next bike once I get good at working on 4 strokes. My 200 EXC hauls plenty of ass at the moment.

外国人
    Jun 2007
    Soo Many Toys!!!

Zak
    Discernibly Turgid
    Jul 2004
    I want to be Tony when I grow up...

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by DHidiot
    Isn't that an F250?
    No. It's a Titan. (As Uncle Cliffy said)

mtbr member
    hell yea dude nice set-up, i have an 07 titan. i dont think people really know how fast those trucks really are... mine keeps up with my buddies SRT-10. smokes hemi's, fords and chevy's. Anddddd i paid way less then all of them haha.
    I like to ride bikes fast.

_
    word yo i'm thinking about doing this with an electric golf cart (hopefully with the governer removed) and a truck when i get older. with an electric golf cart... you only have to worry about the gas your truck is burning!

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    Quote Originally Posted by DHidiot
    Isn't that an F250?

If you're taking multiple people and doing multiple runs why don't you just do odd-man out shuttles? Always quicker. For solo runs I've seen that work really well. My whole take on that has been: just go ride the dirt bike, a LOT. That's too much effort for one shuttle run when it probably just as fast to hike up anyway.

Full size truck though man, bike's gotta go inside it....those moto racks are for FJ Cruisers and minivans.

I'm liking the KTM. I am thinking the 450 EXC might be my next bike once I get good at working on 4 strokes. My 200 EXC hauls plenty of ass at the moment.
    Nope it's a Titan.

The runs that we were doing this weekend involve lengthy shuttles, and would suck big time for the odd-man-out. Even with unloading and reloading the KTM (15 min) total not that big of a deal when I was easily able to shave off around 10 mins of the drive time up due to being able to haul a$$ compared to cars/trucks who have to drive pretty slow on the roads we were on. Hiking back would not be a viable option beyond an emergency situation with the rides that we were doing this particular weekend.

Most of the time when we have a bunch of guys there are 2 pickups and that will be the preferred shuttle method. But when it's just me, me and the wifey, or 1 other bro, the KTM solves the shuttle issue.

Putting the dirt bike in the bed of the truck makes no sense at all most of the time since I'm also carrying bikes and camping gear. The hitch rack is out of the way and easier to load/unload.

Yep, the 450 EXC hauls butt. The torque is almost retarded you can be lugging along and still roosting. It'll see plenty of street (tagged), trail, and dual sport use in addition to being a shuttle machine. Sure to get lots of use out of it. That 200 EXC is a sweet ride and if I could have put a tag on one, I prob would have gone that route. But there are several shuttles around here where being street legal is absolutely necessary.

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    Quote Originally Posted by Zak
    I want to be Tony when I grow up...
    Nah, it comes with the nasty financial burden of being addicted to toys.

Just roll it......
    Nice setup, Toni!

I've got some buddies with dual sports that they use for scouting build locations, but they've never done this trick before. Heard of the use of pit bikes before, but this takes it to a new level. Pure sickness.

EB

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast