Thread: SDG I Beam

mtbr member
    Feb 2009

SDG I Beam

My current seat is broken and was thinking of replacing with a I beam. Thinking of putting the Bel Air on. I read that some people have had issues with it snapping. I'm not sure if this was a early issue or if they are still having problems. Looking to see if anybody has some real life experience. Thanks

Pivotal figure
    I've only had issues with the BelAir SL. The nose section is pretty thin so it can snap if you case a jump hard (done that) or if you carry the bike by the nose of the saddle (also did that one). I imagine the iFly would have the same problems since it just as lightweight. It's not a big deal but they can break in a hard hit situation (like most any superlight item). I've been running the Formula FX and Duster saddles with no problems at all though.
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

Glad to Be Alive
    3 of us are riding the Bel Air SL's without any problems for the last year and a half...I actually like this seat and it is pretty light at 185 grams
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Members who have read this thread: 0