mtbr member
    Jan 2010

Scott VOLTAGE FR - what rear shock and how did you find it to be?

The Scott VOLTAGE FR has been on the market for a while now and was seen with a variety of rear shocks on number of pics'n'vids.
    I fitted mine with the DHX Air on the day of purchase for weight saving, also I am not considering myself as DH/FR rider,
    just wanted the bike for messing around the local parks.
    I run the shock with 25% SAG and Bottom-Out Resistance set to max. for minimum dive and good pop - here is the current build: http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/5043018

What shock do you use? Are you also keen on AIR shock or do you think the COIL will do the job better?

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    would have been a better post in the scott forum IMO, but whatever

I've got the stock rc4 on it, lots of low speed dialed into it and 3/4 or so of high speed for playing around or jumping, knock the compression off when pointing it down a hill (which is what I got the bike for in the first place)

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    RC4 sounds like an ideal shock with the range of adjustment available. Would you swap for the AIR or not considering it at all? Any experience with the Voltage stock shock before you changed to RC4?

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kovalDESIGN
    RC4 sounds like an ideal shock with the range of adjustment available. Would you swap for the AIR or not considering it at all? Any experience with the Voltage stock shock before you changed to RC4?

rc4 was stock on the bike

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Pitbull
    rc4 was stock on the bike
    doh!! just double checked it... didn't know we are dealing here with FR10

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kovalDESIGN
    doh!! just double checked it... didn't know we are dealing here with FR10

super fun bike, but I'm so glad I got the 10 (2 of my friends have the 30, a guy I know has the 20)