azn
    mtbr member
    Jan 2008

Scott Nitrous 30 yay or nay?

So Im buying a 2005 Scott Nitrous 30 for 450 dollars. I figure for that cheap I cant really go wrong on a DH bike. and it'd be a good way for me to start riding DH
    I was just wondering if you have any personal ancedotes about the bikes, how good they are (or how bad), and whatnot.
    Or should I just stay the f*ck away from this bike for teh price. He says its pretty much new and never been ridden hard. i'm obviously going to check it out for the normal stuff, but would it be better to just avoid it?

thanks all.

Glad to Be Alive
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Ha, I went directly from CL looking at that same ad to this thread If the guy actually has it, then go for it- but get some pictures or something before driving out there, Burlington is in the middle of nothingness.. Every 'awesome deal' I've found on bikes on CL has been somebody's hee-larious idea of a joke

i eat rocks
    i had the 20.

the bike is pretty good for light DH runs... the bike is a little to heavy to be climbing every where, but it is really solid when coming down.

i had mine set up with a boxxer ride, (the adj one) and set my shock softer. threw a 2 ring bash guard on it, and it was primo for the little stuff around my area.

just to let you know, i sold just the frame, forks (both ride, and stock marz), brakes and drivetrain for 450... pretty much no wheelset, seat, or bars.