Oni
    Master Of Fooliganism

Scott Nitrous 10, yea or nay?

Sooooo, what's the general consensus on the Scott Nitrous 10? Good? Bad? Ugly? Worthy for DH and urban hooliganism?

Part spec looks okay, I'm not geeked about the double seatpost set up, but not a deal breaker.

Thoughts? Opinions? Rants?

Oni

Dirt Displacer
    I've taken some pretty close looks at the Nitrous over here.... and I have no doubts about the frame's capability as far as freeriding goes.... I just dunno about the shock, couldn't really test it out good.
    Bombardier :::: MCM #249

[SIZE="5"]Trails Listings, GPS Tracks, & Forums[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="5"]Singletracks.com[/SIZE]

pin it to win it
    Nov 2005
    isnt the bike carbon fiber

Oni
    Master Of Fooliganism

Nope.

Good old Made Somewhere Overseas Minimula.

e.f.f.e.c.t smoothoperatr

Just roll it......
    I don't think you'll find many folks here in the States on Scott's yet. Scott's were just re-introduced here a year ago, after 7 or 8 years absence, and it'll take a bit before they're adopted by the FR/DH crowd. From the looks and build, it seems ok....but I haven't even seen one in person.

As for the rear shock, I was expecting the Scott proprietary shock and it actually has a Fox dhx on it....so no worries there. I would worry if it had the Scott rear shock on it. Despite getting great reviews so far, I'm always leery of bikes that require a certain shock.

BTW, anyone else notice that it says this bike comes with a 66 VF LT with 190mm of travel? WTF.....I want one of those (in rc2x, of course)!

Cheers,
    EBX

My arm hurts a little
    The only one I've seen leave our shop, was stolen. Broken window = Missing Scott. Def. good enough for someone to steal, but I don't know about buying. Their are Def. 5 other bike Company's that are a lot more solid in the FR/DH Dept.
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    tresspassing, thievery and poaching is all part of a DH'ers life

Dirt Displacer
    The Nitrous's that I looked at had either a Fox or Scott shock on them, and a standard Marzocchi 170mm fork.... Either way, I was impressed with the bike overall. I'm not a huge fan of carbon-fiber stuff, but their frame seemed to be really sturdy, and there are a couple local riders here that run Scott Geniuses, and those bikes are holding up really well.
    Bombardier :::: MCM #249

[SIZE="5"]Trails Listings, GPS Tracks, & Forums[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="5"]Singletracks.com[/SIZE]

Giant STP 06
    My shop had them last year, and I havent been back there recently to see if they have 2006's. They looked okay but I havent ridden one.

Cynical Bystander
    My shop has one of the other Nitrous models, not the DH one. And from what little I've pedalled it around and heard from a friend locally who has one they seem like great bikes. I know that I wouldn't mind having one as an all mountain/free ride bike and I've heard they're quite capable as well.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

Oni
    Master Of Fooliganism

It's not my fault, I didn't do it!

It's sooooo easy when you look at the employee purchase form to order a new bike. Dammit! My shop has only been bringing Scotts in since '06 model year, and that's been the low end stuff. Still, what the heck, I'll take the hit for the team and do the R&D.

Was leaning towards the Iron Horse 7point7 that Performance has on sale, but too much $$ for how much it's going to be used, so going with the Scott (and since I don't like the Faith nor the C'dales and won't touch the 'Goose/GTs we sell, left me looking at Scott).

Yeah, if it had the Scott shock, no way in heck. But since it's running the DHX, cool. And the long travel 66. Not my first choice for a shock, but hey, the bike isn't going to be ridden all that much (rather be on the 575).

Thanks for the feedback,

Oni needs another bike like he needs a hole in his head

Racer
    my friend was having tons of problems with his high octane 2 last season. The frame's tubing is ultra thin and he crushed the chainstay on his first race with it, the chainguide kept falling off, and the frame would hit the seatstay when it bottomed out denting the seatstay, damaging the frame. Good customer service though and it did feel plush. Oh and the carbon fiber seatmast chipped off real easy. Thats just one guy though.

Just roll it......
    Quote Originally Posted by Oni
    It's sooooo easy when you look at the employee purchase form to order a new bike. Dammit! My shop has only been bringing Scotts in since '06 model year, and that's been the low end stuff. Still, what the heck, I'll take the hit for the team and do the R&D.
    Oni,

That's the spirit. Someone has to try out the new stuff and report back to the rest of us....especially if you're getting a shop deal. Let us know what you think of it when it arrives.

Cheers,
    EBX