Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Schwalbe Wicked Will mounting direction?

6K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  Margaritaman 
#1 ·
What direction are people running these? The tire's marked rotation direction is opposite of the direction that I would think it would be run in. Any one who has run these, what did you do?

Thanks

#2 ·
My buddy has those same tires...and yeah, the rotation looks backwards on them, but the recommended rotation works great! I rode his bike today, and those tires have got loads of traction...best tires i've ever rode! I would just stick with the recommended rotation if I were you.

#6 ·
I run the recommended direction and gooey front and rear. They roll surprisingly well for what they are. I have the FR version and ride them just about everywhere. It's my favorite tire combo out of butchers, clutches, and the minon fr. I bought 3 pairs when they were on chainlove a while back. Give them a shot.

#12 ·
I ran the rear backwards last weekend, it did pretty much everything i asked from it. I only ran it that way because i installed the tire on what "looked right" and noticed afterwards that i had it backwards. I was to lazy to pull it all off again and flip it the night before leaving town. I have not tried this tire on the front, i matched it with the muddy mary but i think i will try it front and rear at winterpark next weekend.

#14 ·
I just finished riding all last season running the FR version backwards on both ends and thought that was the best tire I've ever been on.
Two weeks ago I replaced both and now run them in the recommended direction. Even better and a noticable difference with less rolling resistance on climbing.
Bottom line: run them in the recommended direction.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.