Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    PMarsh Thumbs Up!
    Quote Originally Posted by rugbyred View Post
    Was he wearing the new 5/10 heals that are the rage in the pits?

Eric
    It wasn't quite late enough in the day for that, if you know what I mean.
    2011 Giant Glory 01
    2013 Pivot Firebird
    2004 Turner Rail - Stoled

Uphill? What's that
    Quote Originally Posted by SV11 View Post
    He was built for low centre of gravity...haha

Actually, he is around 5'7"
    Actually thought he was around 5'6 " but wasn't surprised he rides a small bike. I would give up half a foot if It would mean I could shred like him.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Bob View Post
    I would give up half a foot if It would mean I could shred like him.
    You and me both. Although not sure how hard you can shred with 1.5 feet.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Sam just took out the first race if the Australian national series... Looking very good!

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Results: 2013 Australian MTB National Series

He can't be doing to bad he was over a second faster in the Australian mtb series, on his new CRC/nukeproof bike

Hill And Buchanan Victors At Subaru Gravity Cup Opener - MTB National Series

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by hybridzeg8 View Post
    Results: 2013 Australian MTB National Series

He can't be doing to bad he was over a second faster in the Australian mtb series, on his new CRC/nukeproof bike

Hill And Buchanan Victors At Subaru Gravity Cup Opener - MTB National Series
    A second faster than Chris Kovarik isn't exactly what I would call not doing to bad...Not to say Chris is slow by any means but he's no where near the speed of those top WC guys anymore...That said , its a good indicator that he seems to be going along with his new steed and Im sure Sam will find some more speed before the season starts

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    ^^^ basically what I was getting at

Mtb Guide
    Video of Sammy at Aussie rd.

Australian National Round - Mount Butler

To say they're was no World Cup competition to Hill is pretty ignorant, a few Aussies in that line up would embarrass some WC stars on Aussie soil, also while not yet a top WC star Connor Fearon has been a WC rider for a couple of seasons, and Kovarik is always a threat at home for anyone.

Would have been good to see Troy Brosnan they're, but Sam is looking the best and most comfortable on a bike Ive seen him in a long time, Nukeproof is a proven ride on the WC and had some great results with some lesser experience riders to date.

Go Sammy, its yours if you want it bad enough. Bike looks killer to me too, love it.

Uphill? What's that
    [QUOTE

Go Sammy, its yours if you want it bad enough. Bike looks killer to me too, love it.[/QUOTE]

Good to see Sam do well, but let's not get to excited.. This was not a W.C. Caliber course and the competition was not W.C. Level.. The difference for Sam this year won't be the bike.. All bikes ridden by the top 10 riders are all great.. And he really can't blame the bike he was riding the last cople of years. He had alot of input on the Demo.

Mtb Guide
    I say if you like to support someone get excited, Im not worried about what his results are just as long as he's ripping it up having fun thats what excites me and change looks like its good for him.

You underestimate the riding down under, they're s a reason these guys have produced throughout DH history consistently top racers, its not because they get to Europe and US and ride. Every place in the world is unique and can develop skill but all Im saying is from experience don't under estimate Aussie tracks or riders, he had good competition, its only round one and that does not make a season still good for his confidence and just good to see him doing well first up, I think we are all realistic.

His program this year will be very interesting esp once he gets to do some NPS rounds in the UK.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick005 View Post
    Video of Sammy at Aussie rd.

Australian National Round - Mount Butler

To say they're was no World Cup competition to Hill is pretty ignorant, a few Aussies in that line up would embarrass some WC stars on Aussie soil, also while not yet a top WC star Connor Fearon has been a WC rider for a couple of seasons, and Kovarik is always a threat at home for anyone.

Would have been good to see Troy Brosnan they're, but Sam is looking the best and most comfortable on a bike Ive seen him in a long time, Nukeproof is a proven ride on the WC and had some great results with some lesser experience riders to date.

Go Sammy, its yours if you want it bad enough. Bike looks killer to me too, love it.
    Just to be on the same page , ( cause I think Im suppose to be the ignorant here ?) I never said there isnt any fast contenders in OZ,I said Kovarik ( 2nd to Sam, so fastest Aussie after Hill , hard to argue with that )does not have the speed to be on the top step of the podium at a WC anymore...He may be a threat at home, but being just over a second faster than him would probably put you 5-10 seconds behind guys like Gwin, Smith, Minnar , Gee...And I would hope that Sam is aiming to be the quickest guy of the day . . . not 9th

You'd be delusional to think the other racers that day would challenge the top WC guys on the same course.

mtbr member
    Hill never places well when he races events like this, you can't use it as a comparison.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4