Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Dec 2009

pivots

Kind of looks like a Scalp got new square tubes and w/o brace in the rear tri

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Is the front triangle on the Nukeproof prototype made of carbon? I can see the welds on the rear triangle, but the front looks like it does not have any.
    Yes, my laptop has pretty poor resolution.

Eric

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rugbyred View Post
    Is the front triangle on the Nukeproof prototype made of carbon? I can see the welds on the rear triangle, but the front looks like it does not have any.
    Yes, my laptop has pretty poor resolution.

Eric
    It's a custom hydroformed tube set, with smooth welding.
    T6 6061 Alu.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

usually cranky
    ^yeah i think the one in the photo is aluminum but with a rider like hill im sure a carbon one is not far off.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Spec probually dropped him or at least gave him the opertunity to leave. He hasn't really done any thing since he left Iron Horse. Maybe this will give him the inspiration to get his sh*t together.
    The guy yo' momma "act" like she don't know!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim F. View Post
    Spec probually dropped him or at least gave him the opertunity to leave. He hasn't really done any thing since he left Iron Horse. Maybe this will give him the inspiration to get his sh*t together.
    Yeah, he only won the Worlds and even came 5th overall this year after 2 years of injury. Yep, really failed.
    Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon - Specialized Demo 8 II
    YKYMF - YouTube Channel - AM/DH Vids

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Hill had a great season, considering he was coming off an injury. top 5 overall on flats. he is definitely still relevant as a podium contender. im thinking spesh lowered his salary in order to raise brosnans. If not, CRC must have dropped a fatter check on the table and Hill being a father now did the smart thing and went where the money is. we can speculate all we want, fact of the matter is he went to CRC and thats that.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    And also won the World Cup his first year on the demo.

mtbr member
    I think this is gonna be a fresh start for him. He'll shred the 2013 season for sure.

usually cranky
    probably didnt get the results he was looking for but he still a top wc racer and any company would be crazy to drop him over his results.

GAME ON!
    hill sells bikes. period. results aren't the be all end all. any company would love to have sam hill. apparently crc just wanted him more.
    RIP Adam Yauch

"M.C. for what I AM and do, the A is for Adam and the lyrics; true"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzeon View Post
    Sadly though he was not 100% during that time (remember the beer belly).
    That's not entirely fair, 2009 World cup overall, 2010 World Champion.

Unfortunately in 2010 Fort William bit him hard and he missed half the season (Sam Hill In Fort William Smash).

Then in 2011 he had an argument with a moto and sat out almost the whole season. That seemed to get downplayed but to miss most of a season is more than a little injury. After that eighteen months (and becoming a father) top five in the world cup isn't bad, although everyone will expect better next year.

ride more
    Mar 2007
    It will be interesting to see how he does, gotta be good for crc tho...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I957 using Tapatalk 2

DenverDH'er
    Listen to all you Sam Hill fan-boys. Funny shiz!!

mtbr member
    May 2006

... and if we just ...

Quote Originally Posted by b-kul View Post
    hmmm very interesting. no way crc can offer him more money than spec.
    Spec probually offered him a lesser contract for 2013.
    Last edited by Tim F.; 12-26-2012 at 07:05 AM.
    The guy yo' momma "act" like she don't know!

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Spec probually offered him a lesser contract for 2013.
    If thats the case, Spec basically bit the had that fed them.
    The demo was very average (crappy) when sam moved to spec, he did extremely well and breathed new life into the demo. They should of done everything in their power to keep him on the team.

mtbr member
    At the end of the day he's a fast guy who has had a couple seasons of injury and life happening. While I can't say in my heart that he's ever going to be the number one guy anymore with the likes of Gwin and others out there, he's still a top 5 contender at any race that isn't the South Africa track.

Another thing to consider is that all of the current top contenders are only there because they had to step up their game massively to beat Hill. They had to train while he never really did. Maybe if he gets serious and puts in a hard offseason of training he can get back to the top.
    The arsonist has oddly shaped feet!

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Sam Hill in 2013...-imageuploadedbytapatalk1356991643.033688.jpg

Here it is for your enjoyment... Sam hills nukeproof pulse

From hills IG account posted once his dec 31 contract expiration with Spesh passed.

GAME ON!
    whoa
    RIP Adam Yauch

"M.C. for what I AM and do, the A is for Adam and the lyrics; true"

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    that thing looks flexi!

seriously looks like a tank - don't know anything about nukeproof bikes but fixed rear triangle and single pivot above the crankarms seems very old school vs modern suspension designs you have now. Big departure from his early days with IH and DW link design bikes... which I'm partial too having owned a few over the years and never liking the single pivot ones I've owned (and sold).

At the top of the game I don't know how much it is the rider anyway and not the bike. Change is good, never liked how Specialized is treating local small shops anyway and taking over other brands...

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Yeah because winning the overall his first year on a demo, winning worlds coming off an injury and placing 5th this year are things to balk at.

I don't know what your idea of getting his **** together is but im pretty sure he's got it. Riders have bad years, some more than others. Some (the good ones) come right back (think Greg and Sam)

mtbr member
    Jan 2011

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Speaking with a friend about Sam Hill leaving and he brought up a point that I had not thought of.
    Most people talk of Sam either leaving Specialized or Specialized dumping Sam.
    But the team is not Specialized, it is Monster and then Specialized. It does not look like Sam will continue his relationship with Monster, so my thought would be that his contract was not renewed by Monster, which has the relationship with Specialized.
    How many true factory teams are there? I don't think that there are many, but I could be very mistaken.

Eric

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rugbyred View Post
    How many true factory teams are there? I don't think that there are many, but I could be very mistaken.
    Well, Trek, Santa Cruz, GT, Devinci, Giant, Lapierre, Ghost, Yeti, Scott, Kona, Saracen and Nukeproof are all what you'd call a works team in motorsport. The manufacturer owns (or the manufacturer's owner owns) the team and provides the lion's share of the cash.

Most of the big teams are factory operations.

Never sure about Monster Spesh though, I remember them as Monster Iron Horse.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast