e.f.f.e.c.t smoothoperatr

rubber insert for 5th element cvt5

iv been having this play prob. on my bike. and there are these little rubber inserts in the eyelets ( on the rebound side) where the mounting hardware goes into... well mine is shredded apart and i think i need new ones cause thats whats causing the play.i already bought new mounting hardware and it did not solve the problem

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Do a search on DU bushing or DU bearing. The plastic (IGUS bushings?) that Progressive and others are going to are crap. Mine wore out in 7 months. The metal ones in my 4.5 yr old Fox are still fine. Replace them with metal ones and you'll be fine (the part number is 08DU08).

Quote Originally Posted by WaveDude
    Do a search on DU bushing or DU bearing. The plastic (IGUS bushings?) that Progressive and others are going to are crap. Mine wore out in 7 months. The metal ones in my 4.5 yr old Fox are still fine. Replace them with metal ones and you'll be fine (the part number is 08DU08).
    the " 08DU08" are metal progressive du bushings? where can i buy them

Pro Crastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by themarsvolta55
    the " 08DU08" are metal progressive du bushings? where can i buy them
    they are not progressive specific. they will fit just about any(normal)shock, and you can get them at any LBS....

do you know how much it will be? the metal spacers at a lbs?

mtbr member

DU bushings

Quote Originally Posted by themarsvolta55
    do you know how much it will be? the metal spacers at a lbs?

DU bushings are like $2.00 a piece. They are the round "sleeves" that are pressed into the shock eyelets. Most LBS should have these lying around. Just make sure they are new and not used crap ones. I believe bushings come in 2 sizes (12mm and 16mm)??
    I know Manitou is different than Fox. Not sure about Progressive.

The spacers are more expensive...probably around $25 for the set (front and rear). You may have to get these from Progressive directly. LBS may have some that fit though. If using a mismatch, the LBS can rig a washer in there until you order the exact ones needed.

I ordered a bushing removal tool online from a CA company (CTS)? or something like that. Do a search on mountain bike bushings and it will come up.

They sell a tool...as well as DU bushings. You can call them and ask if the Progressive busings are the same as the Fox or manitou.