Flying High Again

Rockgardn CYA Shorts.....or other?

Anyone using the rockgardn cya shorts? I'm wondering how comfortable and/or hot these are under your normal shorts. Or another padded undershort option? 661? Fox? etc. Any opinions welcomed.

Also, do they fit well under your regular sized shorts or do you need to go up a size for them to fit?

THANKS

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

go with rockgardn!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot
    Anyone using the rockgardn cya shorts? I'm wondering how comfortable and/or hot these are under your normal shorts. Or another padded undershort option? 661? Fox? etc. Any opinions welcomed.

Also, do they fit well under your regular sized shorts or do you need to go up a size for them to fit?

THANKS
    may have to go up a size in shorts but rockgardn is the only way to go...the only time you fell them is when you hit the ground!!!

i should be working

i got a pair

i have a pair and the sizing is on, i didnt need to go a size up. they fit very well under anything, even pants. i got them and wore them last fall and this winter so i cant say how they will be in the summer heat but i'll find out. hope this helps -ron

mtbr member
    they're pretty comfortable to to wear. its hot in southern cali and they seem fine to ride around in. its made out of a lycra net kind of material. so its not like tight spandex with padding. i have no problems wearing them under my normal shorts.

i haven't landed on my tailbone yet but it has lots of padding for that area. i've landed on the sides and it still hurts! but i bet it would have hurt a lot more with out them. for some reason i feel like i want some padding on the front of the thighs. but i don't think its common to hit that area. i use 'em for snowboarding and it works well there too.

i've never worn any other kind of protective shorts so i can't really compare. but i'm sure the cya shorts are more comfortable to wear than chamy type shorts with padding

i really like rockgardn, but i saw these on pricepoint.com. they look exactly the same as the cya shorts.
    http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/130...der-Shorts.htm

mtbr member

... and if we just ... CYA shorts

I have the CYA shorts and they fit good .

Haven't crashed with them on yet
    A 24",3.0 lovin Hack!

http:www.somefeargear.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

I have the Skelton paded shorts

and man do they sweat like a pig. They cut off the cirulation around my thigh. They stink like a dog. Uncomfortable as hell. But they make you mad and pissed off so you go big....

Bill Dog

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot

THANKS

I love my CYA's. They have great air flow in the front and nice padding on the sides/back. I've had a few crashes (just low speed) with them and they did help.

I only wear them under my baggy DH shorts, so there's no fit issues. But you might wanna go up one size depending on your shorts.