Roam or NWD8

• Roam

Votes: 83 74.8%
  • MWD8

Votes: 28 25.2%

Roam vs NWD8

3K views 56 replies 37 participants last post by  adamantane 
#1 ·
I just bought NWD8 Some good stuff there, not as much DH as I would have liked to see, some of the freeride ramps are insane! For those of you who watch surf movies I think NWD films are like the LOST films while the collective are more like Jack Johnson stuff.

Anyways which did you like better and why?

#31 ·
Why only one?

I have watched both and enjoy both. They have two totally different vibes associated with them and both are great. Roam shows the real flow and soul of the sport whereas NWD8 showcases the most insane **** possible on a bike. I personally think the music influences the viewing of Roam more, and NWD8 seems too edited, but the riding is amazing in both. NWD8 pumps me to push the limit and Roam pumps me to flow

#32 ·
Well

FoxRider77 said:
I have watched both and enjoy both. They have two totally different vibes associated with them and both are great. Roam shows the real flow and soul of the sport whereas NWD8 showcases the most insane **** possible on a bike. I personally think the music influences the viewing of Roam more, and NWD8 seems too edited, but the riding is amazing in both. NWD8 pumps me to push the limit and Roam pumps me to flow
It is a poll.

I agree with you though.
I like Roam and the Collective, but I find myself watching NWD8 more, to pump me up before a ride.

One thing is for certain - non riders are far more impressed with the Disorder movies than Roam/Collective.

#35 ·
William42 said:
And they're still putting bourdon and cowen in, but they got rid of (in the past couple years) Vanderham and Strait??
Um.....strait was in NWD8.

And what were bourdon and cowan's parts combined....like 30 seconds? You'd be a fool to think that attempted flat spin wasn't vid worthy.

#37 ·
Bullrider said:
Of the two, I liked ROAM better... but recently my overall favorite flick was Stripped. All fall behind RTTH... still like watcing it even years later.
Ha! "My brother says you're totally washed!" I still crack up at that s#$%.

My father-in-law just converted my copy to DVD. It rocks! I've downloaded almost every song from that soundtrack. CLASSIC!

#40 ·
NWD 8 definately had some of the most AMAZING and best riding i've seen to date and some great segments but the movie as a whole was not put together well. Roam had good segments but they all blended to make a movie that didn't need a "story" to bind it together. (If you can call wrestling a story!)
OT: Seriously WTF! Why wrestling? That has to be one of the stupidest things man kind has ever come up with!

#44 ·
Quarashi said:
OT: Seriously WTF! Why wrestling? That has to be one of the stupidest things man kind has ever come up with!
Not sure but last winter know people thought the lucha libre wrestling was going to be the cool thing for 2008. The ads and even some skis have the wrestlers on them. I agree and was not into that part thank god for the FFWD on the remote.

#47 ·
It depends on what kind of riding you do. If you are a racer and looking for self improvement, the Earthed series is awesome. Some of the huckers might get bored of seeing people hit the same corner x10, but for me, it's fascinating to watch how people take different lines with different results.

I like Roam because it's a sexy ass video that I can show to people who don't ride bikes.

I like NWD8 because it's entertaining to watch when chugging down beers and gnawing on pizza with the fella's on a Fri night.

#48 ·
With regards to the question, " whens the next movie from the collective come out?" in this months BIKE mag, there is a page saying that they were filming this summer. Had mentioned Matt Hunter rolling in Savona B.C. If I remember correctly, I heard it might be dropped around spring of next year. I can get pumped for both movies, but my vote has to go to the ROAM. It offers alot and I dig the soundtrack. But when it comes down to it, if you get pumped watching either one, rock it.

Z

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.