Roam or NWD8

• Roam

Votes: 83 74.8%
  • MWD8

Votes: 28 25.2%

Roam vs NWD8

3K views 56 replies 37 participants last post by  adamantane 
#1 ·
I just bought NWD8 Some good stuff there, not as much DH as I would have liked to see, some of the freeride ramps are insane! For those of you who watch surf movies I think NWD films are like the LOST films while the collective are more like Jack Johnson stuff.

Anyways which did you like better and why?

#6 ·
Its funny...Race films get old for me. I can only watch a guy pinning it down a course so many times before it all starts to look the same. I've never been remotely interested in racing though...

Roam/Collective - a bit emo to be honest. Good videos, but not great. Almost like they are trying too hard to be artistic.

NWD8 was good...I enjoyed it. Big riding, loud music, sense of humor. Doesn't take itself too seriously.

#8 ·
personally i think bas had the worst music

NWD8 was like one giant slopestyle video....throw in some dirt jumps and blah. it got boring. They could have summed it up with like 3 riders. And they're still putting bourdon and cowen in, but they got rid of (in the past couple years) Vanderham and Strait??

If you're going to show gnarly freeride, cowen over strait????
Cowen - i built some DJ's behind my house
Strait - i won red bull rampage, consistantly place in crankworx, and throw shoulder buzzers from a bunnyhop.

And don't get me started on Bourdon, if you're gonna show ballsyness, show ****ing bender, and if you're gonna show mad flow and huge **** show vanderham.

They need more scenes like gracias, barels, lopes/schlee....its not just downhillers pinning the same line over and over, then a different line, its just people going out and riding a trail.

Roam and earthed 4 are my favorite films yet, since they both have amazing shots of people shredding down trails.

/end rant

#16 ·
Yup

jedi said:
to be honest though watching a different racer pin the same line as the rest is as boring as watching a different rider jumping at the same place/doing the sa,me trick
Bingo.

I'm not criticizing either movie. Roam was good, so was the Collective - I just thought the whole "soul" thing was just as cheesy as the wrestling in NWD8.

Watch what you like.

#17 ·
KavuRider said:
- I just thought the whole "soul" thing was just as cheesy as the wrestling in NWD8.

Well, the whole soul thing is what DH riding is. I can't get over the connection to surfing I feel when I ride. Just like surfing: you have to read the terrain, pick a line, express yourself, go fast and flow.........ITS ALL ABOUT THE SOUL.....What does wrestling have to do with biking?....um NOTHING! And I think a good (well rounded) film should include all aspects of MTB. NWD was too focused on DJ. They should have called it "Dirt Jump Wrestle Mania 8"

And I don't get why they are using NWD as a title? What do they know (let alone most mountain bikers) about the REAL "New World Order"?

#22 ·
I'm more about the scenic movies so it's Roam for me. It's kind of like ski movies I would much rather watch big mountain stuff then a bunch of kids in the park throwing sick 7's LOL. I did buy NWD8 and will buy the next one but the collective movies are my pick so far.

#23 ·
Overall, Collective and Roam are my two favorite MTB movies. I do end up getting all of the NWD movies too, though, and NWD 8 is definately my favorite of those. My only complaint is that I could do with less hokey grab-ass and more riding, but the riding segments are great this year!

#25 ·
The collective movies are just that.. MOVIES. They really bring out what mtbing is all about. Most others movies are just a collection of jump clips. Although i must admit NWD8 has some of the best clips theyve done so far in that series... the Fabien Barrel clip comes to mind.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.