mtbr member

Road trip! Seattle and Kamloops: questions.

Yo, I'm the stupid, new, and naive kid on the block that wants to go pro I've been riding for just under a year now and I'm itching to experience more than what the upper Midwest has to offer for me.
    So I'm spending two weeks out west smack in the middle of October. I've got a hotel for four nights just outside Seattle and, as of right now...that's it. I'm going to shoot up north to the Loops for five days or so afterward. I'm driving alone and bringing my SX Trail and my entire music collection.
    //my plan in a nutshell.

I don't know much about either of these areas and was hoping for someone to direct me to some solid trails to ride.

Near Seattle I know there's parks with multitudes of trails and fun stuff. What of those would be worth checking out and what should I expect for riding costs and park passes and the like?
    Also, I'm told it's a bit...wet 'round there in October. To what extent is that true and how's the dirt?

For the first leg of the trip I'm kind of counting on maps and the web to guide me towards good riding. In the Loops I'm really hoping the locals are friendly enough to be cool with the new kid jumping in on the scene there and can help me find a couple good trails (in particular, ONE trail).
    Is anyone here experienced with, or from around, Kamloops and could point me in the right direction or, better yet, show me around?

For the whole I don't really want to try to cram in as many trails everyday as possible but rather one or two. I'd rather learn the whole trail and bomb down it at top speed than tip-toe throught it once then move on.

Any sort of recommendations or suggestions or pointers are very welcome.

Thanks in advanced.

DJ

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    go on Pink Bike or the Western Canada part of this site

NWS
    mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Folks here will have some input for your Seattle stage:

http://forums.mtbr.com/washington/

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    nsmb.com will likely have some people who can recommend some stuff for kamloops and even seattle.

Kamloops has a really good bike park within it's city limits, but the runs are short and it does not have an up-lift system. It's called the Bike Ranch.

http://www.kamloops.ca/bikeranch/index.shtml

lots of great shuttles in Kamloops too and I highly recommend finding Rio and checking that out. Bicycle Cafe is an excellent local shop and the people there should be able to steer you in the right direction.