mtbr member
    Nov 2006

RMX Stealth Front Derailleur?

I just picked up an 07 RMX Stealth SE frame and I'm trying to run a double up front. I bought a Saint FD-M805 front derailleur for it. I can't get it to fit properly because the cage hits the lower pivot nut and the rotating piece that the cable pulls on bottoms out on the frame. I thought this was the model I needed, but now I'm starting to wonder if I can even for a front derailleur on the frame, I'm tempted to just say screw it and run a single. What do you guys think? Can I run a front derailleur on this thing and if so what model?

mtbr member
    is that rmx running a 83mm width bb shell,if not that mech wont fit.

mtbr member

Yes, you can run a front mech

Quote Originally Posted by Palmermc
    I just picked up an 07 RMX Stealth SE frame and I'm trying to run a double up front. I bought a Saint FD-M805 front derailleur for it. I can't get it to fit properly because the cage hits the lower pivot nut and the rotating piece that the cable pulls on bottoms out on the frame. I thought this was the model I needed, but now I'm starting to wonder if I can even for a front derailleur on the frame, I'm tempted to just say screw it and run a single. What do you guys think? Can I run a front derailleur on this thing and if so what model?
    I ran a front derailleur on mine and it worked great. The FD M805 is the one I used.
    Here's a picture of my RMX with the dual ring setup.
    I wish I could get some more closeups for you, but I sold it last year.

The only issue I had with it was - slow shifting and the chain would rub on the cage - this was due to the 83mm BB and the 150mm rear end. But it didn't mis-shift or give me any trouble.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog View Post
    I think he was born around the time of the Chernobyl fallout which would explain a lot.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Yep, it is a 83mm shell. It seems like I just can't get the derailleur low enough and far enough in to drop the chain down to the granny. If I were to set the low end limit where it needs to be, the cage will bottom out on one of the pivot bolts on full compression. Its weird. I think i'll get a e-type back plate for my DRS guide and run an e-type mech. Any other ideas?

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    RMX = Single ring IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    The internet sounds like a tough place to ride.