mtbr member

Ringle Abbah DH hub

Hey, I've got the chance to get my hands on a brand new Sun Ringle Abbah DH/Lawwill hub for about $120. I need a 12x150 for my new bike, and right now this seems pretty good. I can't afford a King, heard DT's dont have alot of engagement points.
    And from what I've heard Ringles are really loud which is a plus. So you guys have any thoughts on this hub?

Thanks
    [SIZE="4"]22Pride[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Sun Ringle is a good quality hub 120 bucks isn't bad!

on a side note.... DT swiss DO have alot of engagement points, most standard hubs use a pawl system (including the sun ringle) which have on avg 3 teeth, one of these teeth engages at a time, the DT swiss uses a ring drive system, 32 engagement points, all the engagement points lock simultaneously. i own a DT sWiss Hugi FR hub (32 point engagement), and a Industry Nine (120 point engagement), And a Sun Ringle law, i gotta say when your on the bike there's no real noticable difference .... to me anyways and yes the sunringle sounds more bad ass than the other ones

Disco-Superfly
    It's definitely loud I can provide that much info.
    Jake
    Yeti 303 WC 25th

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Moody
    Didn't you read the sticker on that shock? It said not to do whatever you did.

mtbr member
    I was reading a bunch of reviews of the DT 440 and alot of them said good hub, except the lack of engagement points. Hmm?
    [SIZE="4"]22Pride[/SIZE]

mtbr member

Keep hope alive

I would go for a hope hub over a ringle they just have not had a reliable history

GAME ON!
    a buddy of mine has an abbah. loud as f**k. he's pretty rough on his bike and the hub is still going. broke off a pawl recently, but sun ringle (hayes) is sending him a new one (freehub?)
    RIP Adam Yauch

"M.C. for what I AM and do, the A is for Adam and the lyrics; true"

mtbr member
    I have the same hub...it's quite awesome
    have not had any problems with it
    and i like the loudness
    IS THIS SOMETHING YOU CAN SHARE WITH THE REST OF US AMAZING LARRY ?!?!?!

aircooled VW FTW

mtbr member
    I just got a Sun Abahh SOS rear hub built up and dam!, It Rocks!. Built like a bricksh!t, loud as a jet fighter and stiff as all hell. I say go for the ringle hubs, they wont let you down

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Had a Sun Ringle Abbah DH/Lawwill hub a couple seasons ago. 36 engagment points were decent along w/ a beefy construction. Negative - doing a hill climb and it felt like my tire was spinning in mud. Found out the internal ring gear spun inside the hub shell. Hayes / Ringle was nice enough to warranty the hub because of the nature of the failure. For those that say this hub is loud you need to lube / service your hub.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    They are as loud as any hope hub. I've got one on my bike and it's okay, but I wouldn't say they are as good as a hope pro 2. Just make sure you can get parts for it if it happens to break. There are some videos of silly hub sounds on youtube if you want a comparison.
    IMO I love loud hubs, slow riders move over when they hear my hub.

mtbr member
    i was looking into the hope pro II, but I cant stand how close the flanges are. its like a 135mm, but spaced to fit a 150mm. doesnt that beat the purpose of a 150mm rear end.?

And any comments about what I mentioned above about the DT 440?
    [SIZE="4"]22Pride[/SIZE]