sympathy for society

REVAMP 2.0 on the Diablo 2.0 (888 rcx2)

Well I could not wait till the end of the year for a new fork. I got a little ansy and went ahead and grabbed one of those 888 rcx2's, pretty sweet fork so far. Uncomparable to the Boxxer, in a whole new league. I also threw on an OEM set of Hayes Nines. They have poopy stopping power now, but still need to be bed in.

I do believe that she is now done. Now it is time to ride.

Enjoy

I hear this rumor of a bad a$$ Transition Gran Mal being built up somewhere, something like the last one. Suppose to be the sh*i, I hear... Keep on the look out for it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Shop *****
    Dude, the white bars clash with everythign else on the front side of the bike, save the wheels... get some carbon bars :P
    Quote Originally Posted by RuLz
    All good suggestions. What kind of "ass-orderant" would you recommend?

sympathy for society

C'mon...

sympathy for society

C'mon....

Quote Originally Posted by drakan
    Dude, the white bars clash with everythign else on the front side of the bike, save the wheels... get some carbon bars :P
    OMG!!! My bars clash with the fork?? Man, that means I can't wear my whitey tighteys when I ride either.... or my white socks.....

I actually dig the bars. B-52's / Scandium, they are super light and too damn expensive to replace because they clash...

The bike weighs in at 43.8lbs on the rictor scale, not too bad, could be worse. I did get a chance to ride a bit before the 888 with the Boxxer, and she pedals like a dream. The 888 brough up the BB height and I am not scraping my pedal on everything.

When the hell you getting your bike done? or is it? The Bone Yard is getting better / bigger.

Gangbusters
    Jun 2007
    what length cranks on that biatch!

Shop *****
    Mine? It's done.. but i'm like banned from the bone yard for not helping brian out that one weekend he sent out some gay email to his roomates cough cough... and andrew cough
    so i can only go when hes not there or else I will get pwnt
    btw scandium is leet
    and did you hear about the new bike I am building up december ( dont tell andrew.. its a secret) its gonna be a transtion covert.. the am bike. no dissin' but, I want to do some biking for fitness, and the covert is perfect for a do everything lite bike. im going on a 4-5 day trip in the GW nat'l forest camping fishing biking, etc, beginning of next summer (grad. present from myself...)
    so thats my life basically right now
    oh, I forgot to mention my watch broke, my backback is broken, and im also the tech editor of the school newspaper.

mtbr member
    Creamsickle theme, cool.

Good to see that you've healed up nicely and are back riding.

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Quote Originally Posted by sodak06
    OMG!!! My bars clash with the fork?? Man, that means I can't wear my whitey tighteys when I ride either.... or my white socks.....

I actually dig the bars. B-52's / Scandium, they are super light and too damn expensive to replace because they clash...
    Nice ride, very clean. I picked up a pair of those bars too. At first I wasn't used to the width and was debating about cutting them but now I love em. I feel a lot more stable and in control.

sympathy for society
    Quote Originally Posted by dowst
    Creamsickle theme, cool.

Good to see that you've healed up nicely and are back riding.
    The amount of frusteration, time, and $$$ spent to get this thing right,... I call it the DREAMSICKLE....... lol.. It is the first bike I have had, that when mount up, it feels like..... yeah!

I debated going with the white scheme, but my roommate convinced me, and now I dig it. It's different, but I definately know if it is my bike or not!

I haven't got to really get into this rig yet, I got about another week or so before I am going to take the skirt off and actually ride. Elbow still cracks and pops with a little pain every time I bend it.

sympathy for society
    Quote Originally Posted by mkrobert81
    what length cranks on that biatch!
    Those bad boys are the Saint M805-2 175mm's, basically steel girders with pedals.

They look long, but the BB height on this baby is pretty low. It is better now with the 888, raised it up about an inch or so over the Boxxer Ride.

sympathy for society
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog
    Nice ride, very clean. I picked up a pair of those bars too. At first I wasn't used to the width and was debating about cutting them but now I love em. I feel a lot more stable and in control.
    The bars are wide for sure. I have relatively long arms, and the wide bars work well for me. I have a pair of Answer Pro Tapers on my hardtail, which are uncut. So fortunately, I was used to the length. The Race Face DH bars that were on my other fully are a lot shorter, way shorter.

sympathy for society
    Quote Originally Posted by drakan
    Mine? It's done.. but i'm like banned from the bone yard for not helping brian out that one weekend he sent out some gay email to his roomates cough cough... and andrew cough
    so i can only go when hes not there or else I will get pwnt
    btw scandium is leet
    and did you hear about the new bike I am building up december ( dont tell andrew.. its a secret) its gonna be a transtion covert.. the am bike. no dissin' but, I want to do some biking for fitness, and the covert is perfect for a do everything lite bike. im going on a 4-5 day trip in the GW nat'l forest camping fishing biking, etc, beginning of next summer (grad. present from myself...)
    so thats my life basically right now
    oh, I forgot to mention my watch broke, my backback is broken, and im also the tech editor of the school newspaper.
    Ehh.... No worries about the yard'. I remember the email, went out there that day, and there were no issues. We are just going to keep building and see where it goes. Let me know when you want to go out there, I got to break in the 888 before the Watershed. I am going to Bryce Mtn. this weekend, but next week I am game.

I am interested to see this "Covert" build. Those are nice rides.

Shop *****
    Well, I think it's gonna basically be this:
    Covert in 17.5" IN WHITE!
    Magura Wotan Fork
    Avid J7 or JCarbon 160mm f/r
    Truvativ Stylo 170mm
    SRAM X.7 set (Short the x.9 rear D)
    Syncros AM DS28's laced to Hopes 20mmf/9mm qr/R
    RaceFace Evolve AM 70mm
    Carbon bars, PG 991 cassette, KMC Chain
    Cane Creek S2 HS, Thomson Seatpost, WTB Laser V Comp

btw: You are gonna get ENVIOUS when you see this bastard... Almost a fully white bike..

N* Bomber Crew
    Its a nice bike but that geo is whack if you ask me.
    [size=3]Northstar 2008 Riding Crew[/size]

sympathy for society
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptordude
    Its a nice bike but that geo is whack if you ask me.
    What is whack about the geo? What constitutes "whack geo'?

N* Bomber Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by sodak06
    What is whack about the geo? What constitutes "whack geo'?
    Well I don't really like the super long wheelbase. If I had that frame I'd keep a single crown on it to keep a short A to C which allows for a shorter wheelbase, a correct head angle, and doesn't leave such a tall end.

But I'm not trying to hate on your ride, it looks really nice, I just don't really like the geo it has, but don't listen to me, I'm the guy that hates the V10 and Sunday.
    [size=3]Northstar 2008 Riding Crew[/size]

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Did you change the rear shock on that frame or do they come that low and slack?

The BB on that sucker is crazy low! Must rail the corners though.

Looking good man.

sympathy for society
    Quote Originally Posted by Monohan
    Did you change the rear shock on that frame or do they come that low and slack?

The BB on that sucker is crazy low! Must rail the corners though.

Looking good man.
    Nope, that is the same Revox that came with the frame. 7" of travel in the rear and now 8" up front. She is a little chopper-ish, but I like so far.

The BB is super low, which is why I went with the longer fork. It did bring up the bb some though. And she definately rails the corners. Thanks man