Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Red Bull Rampage 2008 - Dates??

3K views 23 replies 19 participants last post by  dibbs 
#1 ·
Anyone know when the event will be held this year? Searching all over and can't find any official dates yet.:thumbsup: :cool:

#11 ·
I'm from there, and there's been rumors of Darren Berrecloth and others building on a new site on the foothills of Grafton and Goose, should be a grand ole time. I went in 2003 and now that I ride gnarlier stuff I can truly appreciate what those guys were doing. In 03 I was like "oh cool, whatever." but now it's like deeeyammm!!!!

#20 ·
True old school FR, picking innovative and personal lines. I like that - maybe this latest incarnation from Red Bull will inspire more events like this. How are these events scored? I know where I will be Oct. 2-5, thanks! I don't believe the most interesting or challenging stuff comes off or is on a lift assisited DH run - what does everyone think???

#22 ·
A buddy of mine has a connection through Redbull, and he mentioned something about Redbull refusing sponsership because they didn't like the old location. Maybe too remote?
I've heard the Darren Berrecloth rumor too, and that he might take it over or help out with sponsership. Time will tell I guess.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.