mtbr member

Red Bull to broadcast 2012 WC - DH1 over...

Breaking News: Red Bull to Broadcast 2012 World Cups, DH1 Series Likely Cancelled - News Blogs - Vital MTB

not much racing talk goes on here but i figured some of you would be interested. good on red bull for stepping up and keeping things going for all the race fans who can't travel the world to watch races in person.

BMW 2002, Dodge A100, etc
    ASP pro surfing had live events all year. Each sponsor would broadcast the event which was good for the ASP as an organization. Each contest was unique and for the past 2 years broadcast live online and Archived for future views for sponsors. Example of an x-sport broadcast model that works good. Red Bull always does quality work and puts out a good product. I'd tune into all cycling races and events if they were streamed live like surfing is. Got a media center at home, so I've been getting my sports straight from the source, NFL, NBA, MLB, ASP, PGA and hopefully NORBA.

Rip Curl Pro Search 2011 | Welcome to the Rip Curl Pro Search, San Francisco 2011 | HOME
    Nike US Open of Surfing

The Unaffiliated
    Oct 2009
    I am really not a fan of energy drinks as a "performance enhancer" ( for a party or staying awake on roadtrips, yes) however, I do really appreciate what companies like Redbull and Monster do for our sport.

Side topic: How is surfing more popular on TV??? Millions watch car races and probably 80+% watch strictly because there is a chance of a crash. By my logic, DH and slopestyle events would be way more popular, though harder to film than surfing.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Stoked on Redbull picking it up, but bummed about DH1 pulling out. Can't we have both? Also, what about Rob Warner? We need him commentating!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by genemk View Post
    Stoked on Redbull picking it up, but bummed about DH1 pulling out. Can't we have both? Also, what about Rob Warner? We need him commentating!
    warner has done work with red bull before - maybe they'll hire him to do the commentary.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Rumor has it that Warner will continue to voice his comments...

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by 'size View Post
    warner has done work with red bull before - maybe they'll hire him to do the commentary.

I hope so...more money for the sport...more exposure ....gonna be awesome...Love Red Bull....can't wait for the Rampage 2012
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS View Post
    I hope so...more money for the sport...more exposure ....gonna be awesome...Love Red Bull....can't wait for the Rampage 2012
    The guy yo' momma "act" like she don't know!

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    If they replace rob warner with "SHUT THE FRONT DOOR" guy I won't be able to watch anymore. He is the polar opposite of exciting. I dream of how cool rampage would be if warner was the voice.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by illnotsick View Post
    If they replace rob warner with "SHUT THE FRONT DOOR" guy I won't be able to watch anymore. He is the polar opposite of exciting. I dream of how cool rampage would be if warner was the voice.
    Holy ****! Can we start a facebook group to get Warner announcing Rampage? It's awesome as it is, but that would just blow it out of this world!

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by illnotsick View Post
    Funny you posted that. I don't really mind the guy from BC as I think he has been around forever, but my wife can't stand the guy.

We both love Warner.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jason333 View Post
    Funny you posted that. I don't really mind the guy from BC as I think he has been around forever, but my wife can't stand the guy.

We both love Warner.
    When I watch rampage, I should be shitting my pants and screaming while running around the house jumping 360's off my counter top because it's so extreme. Warner makes me do that at 3am 6 times a year because he's exciting to listen to. The rampage guy doesn't add anything to my stoke and his bro voice gives us a bad rap when I try to show off rampage videos. When bob costas starts announcing in a batman growl then I'll change my mind