mtbr member

Reaper Madness Pro GRT #1/Registration is Open!

Reaper Madness Pro GRT #1/Registration is Open!-reaper-madness-2013-small.jpg
    News Release: Reaper Madness/Pro GRT #1/Registration is Open!

The USA Cycling Pro GRT tour kicks off on Friday March 15 thru Sunday March 17, 2013 at Bootleg Canyon in Boulder City, Nevada with the Reaper Madness DH & SD. Pros will be competing for the $2,500.00 cash purse and Pro GRT medals while the amateurs will be vying for medals and prizes. All will be trying to qualify for the Nationals at Angel Fire, New Mexico. The Super D race will be held on Saturday while the main Downhill race will be on Sunday. With shuttles starting on Friday, there will plenty of opportunities for open practice on both race courses.

Race promoter, Downhill Mike and the Whiteface Mountain Bike Park crew have high expectations for this event. Their most recent event, The Nevada State DH Champs at the same location saw a record size field with over 260 athletes! Downhill Mike says they are planning on offering a new race course for this Pro GRT race that has not been raced on since the late Brent Thompson hosted races at Bootleg Canyon over 10 years ago. Race organizers say “Expect speed, flow and a longer course”. The exact race course will not be disclosed prior to the race, to make sure the locals do not have the advantage of extra open practice.

Registration opens on Active.com on Monday January 28, 2013 with early sign up offering savings of $25.00 to $30.00.

Reaper Madness Pro GRT #1/Registration is Open!-150605_407677535984093_1328169470_n.jpg

Reaper Madness Pro GRT #1/Registration is Open!-397477_407677619317418_796805212_n.jpg

Reaper Madness Pro GRT #1/Registration is Open!-530816_407677355984111_1113715850_n.jpg

Reaper Madness Pro GRT #1/Registration is Open!-553021_407665125985334_1483738656_n.jpg

Reaper Madness Pro GRT #1/Registration is Open!-randy-barr.jpg
    Event details and registration can be found by visiting the official event website: Home
    Downhill Mike
    Whiteface Mountain Bike Park
    www.downhillmike.com
    Open 7 days a week!

mtbr member

Reaper Madness/Pro GRT # 1 News Update: 2-18-2013

************* ATTENTION PROS **************
    All Professional racers will receive: 1 FREE lunch provided by KHS Factory Racing.

Registration is currently at $55.00 for 14 & Under,
    $75.00 for amateurs and $95.00 for pros.

Discounts for 2 races!
    All fees include 2 days of shuttle service.

Prices go up by $10.00 per race on February 1st.
    *A small service fee by Active.com will be applied*

Check out the video from the Nevada State Champs at Bootleg Canyon!
    2013 Nevada State DH Championships on Vimeo
    Video by eXposure Theory

The 1st 100 registrants (pro & amateur) will receive 1 very cool event t-shirt.

Reaper Madness Pro GRT #1/Registration is Open!-reaper-tshirt-mockup.jpg

New on Active.com! "Registration Protector"
    If you can't attend this event for any number of covered reasons, including injury, illness, traffic accidents and more, you'll be reimbursed for your registration cost, fees and other related costs.

Reaper Madness Pro GRT #1/Registration is Open!-elias-check-one-out.jpg

Event details and registration can be found by visiting the official event website: Home
    Downhill Mike
    www.downhillmike.com
    Open 7 days a week!

Dirt Bike Craig
    I'm excited for this! Not only will it be my first race but I'll get to watch some bad ass dudes too!
    Check out my photography on RedBubble http://www.redbubble.com/people/fmxdbc

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Nice.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Too bad I'm on the east coast.

mtbr member
    I am on the east coast too. Round trip flights are pretty inexpensive at some airlines. We have been paying $164.00 total (with all taxes), round trip and non stop/direct flights. That is out of Plattsburgh, NY on Allegiate Airlines. Rooms are $30.00 a night. Let me know if you need any help finding these deals.
    Downhill Mike
    www.downhillmike.com
    Open 7 days a week!

mtbr member

I've had a trip planned for Vegas for about 9 months and planned to head out to Bootleg on Saturday the 16th for some of the cross country trails there. I'm no downhiller, but props to the guys that can do it. My question is, and I know you (downhill Mike) not going to reveal the course ahead of time, but are the CC trails going to be closed? IOW, if I was to do a loop up West Leg, around Caldera, maybe a little boyscout and down girlscout, out on Mother and Par non and IMBA, would that be possible? Or should I just skip bootleg and head somewhere else? Vegas has plenty to keep me entertained but wished to head out to Bootleg one day (could possibly move that day to Friday, but wouldn't seem to make any difference).

TIA.
    I'm looking forward to regretting this.......

mtbr member
    I would still plan on riding X-C at Bootleg if I was you. The venue will be packed with racers, but this should give you a better idea on what to expect.

75% of the racers race dh and the other 25% will race sd. The only time the sd course will be closed is on Saturday from 11:30 am till around 1:30 pm. Not sure of the sd course yet, but it's usually Boyscout to Girlscout, or something similar.

Thanks for asking!
    DHM
    Downhill Mike
    www.downhillmike.com
    Open 7 days a week!

mtbr member
    Ok, thanks much. I think it will be fun to see the racers too, but as someone living in the frozen north, riding is what I really want to do.

Thanks again and best wishes for a great event!
    I'm looking forward to regretting this.......

mtbr member
    johnnyspok, What did you think about the race/venue? Did you get enough riding in?
    Downhill Mike
    www.downhillmike.com
    Open 7 days a week!