mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Razor Rock Hub Help!

Hi,

I have a Razor Rock 20mm Hub on the rear of my Ellsworth Dare that is showing some play. From what I have read you need a tool to adjust the bearing sideload to fix this. Does anyone have one of these tools that they would be willing to sell? Anyone in the socal or arizona area have one they could let me just use if they dont want to sell it? Anyone happen to know another way around this problem?

THANKS!

Jad

run, hide, it's a bike!

no man....

sounds like you need a less complicated hub - you might want to try a Huffy.
    **! I'd rather sh!t out Mark Weir than watch him pedal up a hill !**

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberjad
    Hi,

I have a Razor Rock 20mm Hub on the rear of my Ellsworth Dare that is showing some play. From what I have read you need a tool to adjust the bearing sideload to fix this. Does anyone have one of these tools that they would be willing to sell? Anyone in the socal or arizona area have one they could let me just use if they dont want to sell it? Anyone happen to know another way around this problem?

THANKS!

Jad

take your rim off...head to the bike shop and have them tighten it
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

I post too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    take your rim off...head to the bike shop and have them tighten it
    I think he said hub play, not a wiggly rim.

mtbr remember
    are you talking about cone wrenches??? I don't think your razor rock is a loose ball bearing hub, but I could be wrong.... I was also thrown off by the fact that it's 20mm in the rear, is a Dare, really like that? damn...
    and I'm down for owning tools and stuff, but why not take it to the LBS? ask to see them work on it if you can, then you'll know what tools you'll need afterward if this is a reoccurring prob...
    Schralp it Heavy.

mtbr member
    The Razor Rock hub tool was very specialized and you probley wont find one at a local bike shop . I have one in my personal tool box and it not for sale .. sorry .

The tool is a 4 prong very thin tool that from one side removes the outer 2 lip seals the oppisite side has the 4 notched tool fitting side which ajusts the inner clutch that tightens around the outer 20mm dia .
    Follow me on Instagram for up to date build pics -Brad4130
    Nem-Pro store
    Nem-Pro Blog

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I have one and I would be willing to sell it cheap, How about $10 plus shipping.

I am located in Montreal QC, Canada though. PM me if your interested.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kkqewl
    I have one and I would be willing to sell it cheap, How about $10 plus shipping.

I am located in Montreal QC, Canada though. PM me if your interested.

PM sent. Ill take it for sure! Thanks for your help man