Thread: Razor Rock

banned

Razor Rock

I have a 98 Super8, with Razor Rock drop out and rear hub. The hub is toast, is there a hub that is the same size? Or can I still find drop outs that will take a QR hub?

Former Noob Herder
    what is the axle size and hub width?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslingger
    no doubt you must have majored in english or something rad!!!

banned
    Man, I am not sure. I will have to measure it when I get home. I know the axel size is bigger then the Hadely on my DH-9.

Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    what is the axle size and hub width?

mtbr member
    it's a 20mm rear axle for sure, can't remember the width. hadley will probably have something for you.

old frames, old parts, might be gettin time for a new bike all because of a bad hub. at some point, that is gonna happen. not sure i would spend $280 on a hub/bike that if you break the D hanger, your F'd.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by M1_joel
    it's a 20mm rear axle for sure, can't remember the width. hadley will probably have something for you.

old frames, old parts, might be gettin time for a new bike all because of a bad hub. at some point, that is gonna happen. not sure i would spend $280 on a hub/bike that if you break the D hanger, your F'd.

True....maybe I should just find a bullit frame.

Former Noob Herder
    Quote Originally Posted by kawboy8
    True....maybe I should just find a bullit frame.
    good idea, same type of bike really considering the year of the S8, the Bullit would be stronger too

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by M1_joel

What if I had a sleeve made that would bring the size down to the next smaller axel size? Maybe?

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    good idea, same type of bike really considering the year of the S8, the Bullit would be stronger too

I wonder if a bullit swing arm will fit on a 98 super8. If you look, the front triangle is very close to the same...maybe exactly the same, except wall thickness of the tubing

Former Noob Herder
    What if I had a sleeve made that would bring the size down to the next smaller axel size? Maybe?
    Turners and some other frames do that.

No the Bullit swingarm wont fit, all the pivot locations have to be exact. I wouldnt mess around too much, theres a point when hacking it isnt worth it.

mtbr member
    It's really easy !
    I think I may have covered this in another post .

Take your orignal 20mm axle that came with your razorrock hub , now cut it down so it act's as this sleeve or spacer as you migh call it , now the inside dia. of this orignal razorrock axle is 12mm so you can call Hadley and just get a standard 135mm X 12mm hub and 12mm axle and nut . With a little bit of work it should all fit together and your back riding .

http://www.go-ride.com/prod_hubs.html
    DH-12mm TA hub
    DH-12mm TA rear (axle)
    That's everything your going to need

Problem solved !
    Follow me on Instagram for up to date build pics -Brad4130
    Nem-Pro store
    Nem-Pro Blog

mtbr member
    when i had my S8 with 20mm RR hot rod kit, i bought an extra pair of drop outs from a guy who had a DH9 i think who bought a RR kit just for the hub. he didnt need the dropouts.

i found this auction on ebay for a 20mm rear wheel. you might check it out and see if it would work on your 98.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SUN-DOUBLEWIDE-E...QQcmdZViewItem