Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Race For Tara

mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Race For Tara

The race for Tara was an awesome event this weekend at Northstar. The race was crazy with rain all day the course was crazy. Good job northstar putting it on. Did anyone elso go? Anyone have pictures?
    "Ride Life Ride Giant"

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    There's pics at www.thephotoman.com. Go to "clients" to find the race, pass word is the name of the person the race was for. (the instructions should be in the schwag bag they gave out at reg). He didn't get any photos of me unfortunately, so if anyone has any links to more photos it'd be much appreciated.

Moose Member
    I know a few guys who went up... One of the guys i know went down hard up top (thats what he told me) and it took him around a half hour to finish afterwards. sounds like a rough race with all the rocks on stix, especially when they're all wet a slippy =]. i might have gone but my rear shock is being rebuilt by avy =[. I like riding in the rain too. really wish i woulda made it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Hey guys,

I was out there taking photos on Sunday. Weather sucked and I got soaked, but I got some good ones. They will be posted @ pedalpics.com in the next few days (my main editing machine died ).

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Abberant you always have some sick pictures good to hear.Ya it was a tad muddy...
    "Ride Life Ride Giant"

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    "Ride Life Ride Giant"

mtbr member
    pro results?

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Somebody named Tim got first. Lopes got second and threw a tantrum at the ceremony. He screamed in Tara's face, claimed he was world champion and that he should have won, and got banned from all future northstar races.

www.AuburnBikeCompany.com
    Tim Krentz won. He races for SCB my shop and Lopes is a cry baby. He didnt throw a tantrum but you dont bring a super d bike to a dh race. Krentz won by 5 sec. Riffle was third. Photos on Bicycle Emporium facebook page and WTB facebook page. Tim is a seasoned pro who has been off the bike a few years. He coached Sylvestri and basically trained daily for this DH season to win Overall and over the pros. He race the GRT and was 18 out of 20 but was the only guy over 30 also w/out a UCI/USA license on the roster.

Now with flavor!!
    Quote Originally Posted by limitedslip
    Lopes got second and threw a tantrum at the ceremony. He screamed in Tara's face, claimed he was world champion and that he should have won, and got banned from all future northstar races.

Are you fvcking kidding me?

Tim Krentz bltches. Old fast guys with no coverage may pwn little fags with shiny clothes at any moment. You've been warned
    STRAVA: Enabling dorks everywhere to get trails shut down........ all for the sake of a race on the internet.

Yes, that's fonetic
    Don't know the "man" personally (Lopes), but if half of what I've heard is true it doesn't surprise me a bit.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Yeah Krentz!!!!!!!!! Krentz was never off the bike,at the pro level people seem to think if you not racing your not riding. Dude is always riding whether there is a race or not. Krentz is an animal, so maybe Lopes should call animal control to plead his case. I dont know what was better Krentz winning or Lopes whinning??? Better get your oven mits and goggles cause the man is bringing the HEAT!!!!!!!

maker of trail
    Quote Originally Posted by limitedslip
    Somebody named Tim got first. Lopes got second and threw a tantrum at the ceremony. He screamed in Tara's face, claimed he was world champion and that he should have won, and got banned from all future northstar races.
    Please tell me someone has that on video. That would be gold.

P-51 Crew Chief #38
    Quote Originally Posted by motodaddy
    Yeah Krentz!!!!!!!!! Krentz was never off the bike,at the pro level people seem to think if you not racing your not riding. Dude is always riding whether there is a race or not. Krentz is an animal, so maybe Lopes should call animal control to plead his case. I dont know what was better Krentz winning or Lopes whinning??? Better get your oven mits and goggles cause the man is bringing the HEAT!!!!!!!
    As Tim's team manager at the Santa Cruz Alliance I will say this. Tim is on a mission! He got a taste with Chumba years back. He has driven our team to a new level with his coaching and mentoring. We all had the season of our lives this year thanks to him. The young men that he is coaching right now are going to be the rising stars on the GRT next year... Just wait and see! So as tim would say...GETSOME, AND PIN IT!
    Balls to the wall until you see god. Turn Left!

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Tim Krentz is an awesome rider!
    I don't have footage of that race, just some we did while he was helping me out to get ready for nationals:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Truckee-CA/Santa-Cruz-Alliance/144752072218108?v=app_2392950137#!/video/video.php?v=419237821445

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by curtykills
    Tim Krentz won. He races for SCB my shop and Lopes is a cry baby. He didnt throw a tantrum but you dont bring a super d bike to a dh race. Krentz won by 5 sec. Riffle was third. Photos on Bicycle Emporium facebook page and WTB facebook page. Tim is a seasoned pro who has been off the bike a few years. He coached Sylvestri and basically trained daily for this DH season to win Overall and over the pros. He race the GRT and was 18 out of 20 but was the only guy over 30 also w/out a UCI/USA license on the roster.

Tim Krenz is sick, fast as hell, and a good guy.
    Lopes obviously has a big problem getting beat by the fast "local pro".
    McLovin

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by huntandride
    Abberant you always have some sick pictures good to hear.Ya it was a tad muddy...
    Hey, Thanks! Were you out there racing?

About Tim K., that guy is super fast. I have photos of him from every race. Here's one from the last race on Boondocks: Tim Krentz
    I'm surprised Lopes threw a fit. Screamed in Tara's face? Wow.

I have one of him from this last race too, but I'm still editing all the photos. I hope to have them all up by the end of this week. You can check them out here along with my photos from the whole Northstar DH series: pedalpics.com
    Last edited by aberrantphoto; 10-12-2010 at 07:23 PM.

www.AuburnBikeCompany.com
    i've got video of Krentz's speech after the ass whooopin.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by aberrantphoto
    Hey, Thanks! Were you out there racing?

About Tim K., that guy is super fast. I have photos of him from every race. Here's one from the last race on Boondocks. I'm surprised Lopes threw a fit. Screamed in Tara's face? Wow.

I have one of him from this last race too, but I'm still editing all the photos. I hope to have them all up by the end of this week. You can check them out here along with my photos from the whole Northstar DH series: pedalpics.com
    Ya me and my friend who's on N* team were up there #119 &#120..
    Last edited by huntandride; 10-06-2010 at 07:38 PM.
    "Ride Life Ride Giant"

Proud lame eBiker
    POST IT! Classic...can't wait.
    www.velocitybicycles.comWhere customers become friends, not simply a dollar sign.

Now with flavor!!

Bring it son!
    STRAVA: Enabling dorks everywhere to get trails shut down........ all for the sake of a race on the internet.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Everyone should check out Aberants blog. Sick picture on it.
    "Ride Life Ride Giant"

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by huntandride
    Ya me and my friend who's on N* team were up there #119 &#120..
    Hey, ya posted a photo of Casey on my blog. Are you Sam?

Thanks for the shout-out by the way!

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Sounds like it was a RAD day!

Great job Tim! Nice to see the Bicycle Emporium Shirts and Jersey's on the course and podium!

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by aberrantphoto
    Hey, ya posted a photo of Casey on my blog. Are you Sam?

Thanks for the shout-out by the way!
    Oh ya no problem! Ya I am
    "Ride Life Ride Giant"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast