No Fear

Race from Iran .Passion recovery

Another race some other experiences .Some other life.

It was a league race .The last one on this years calendar before Indonesia Asian Champs.
    We have to send 4 Downhill riders and 4 XC riders to the races . In each category 2 adults and 2 Juniors.

Never mind back to my own ridding life:
    We were there for a week. I didnít race but rode the course several times for fun.
    Met old friends from other parts of the country and made some new ones.
    This time we rented a house over there with 5 of my friends. Very good we wernt in the dormitory anymore but a poser was in our company .Which was on my nerve a lot.

One of those guys who thought al the other bikers should keep their safe distance from his V10 . A guy who paid 1700 Bucks for a Limited Edition RC 2 40. While I could offer the same fork to him for 1400!! And did but some people like to pay more for nothing.
    And his pretension to have mechanical experience was killing me .Was really cool when he snapped the rear shaft bolt!! The bike was upside down and MR. Prof. was confused with way the bolt opens.

Ok forgetting about that . To tell you about the location:
    It was held in Gorgan city 30 Km away from the south eastern cost of the Caspian. The first time we were racing coarse in a proper forest trail. We had some other races on the green Caspian rim but none of the m were like this one. Twice in total mud and two other on a fire road.

A really steep trail which needed no pedaling nor any shifting Just you could boil up eggs on your rotors at the bottom !

There were two local riders in Gorgan but for the other riders dense trees was a new thing to feel. And they had a new experience .No experience is free we paid the price with crashes!

A super steep trail with tough tight turns made many to run out of the trail. In our local playgrounds that meant some rocks and maybe falling to the ground. Here it meant .Tree slamming .
    The whole things we paid was : a nose Ď two shins Ď an elbow ĎA Gemini 900 headtube. And lots of scratches.

It had a super gnarly section in which the trail came into a very steep and bumpy ride with lots of trees just beside it after some fast burms and after that turning round a few big rocks and trees again. most the victims were caught over there.

You know there is a new generation of gravity riders developing in the provinces Downhill is growing. And in Each area on or two pioneers act as leaders two their community feed them mental and coach the more talented ones specially.

Donít know exactly why but I remember I used to write up better over here before. Perhaps its because im thinking more and ridding less.

Try to regain my ridding passion and post it up here.

But in the whole week .One thing was really nice to me. A day while dragging up to the top one of those pioneers saw me and said : Hey Saber we are seeing you again attending in the events constantly keep it up man!!

Have prepared 20 Shots for this time and want to let them talk the rest.
    But wish for me to get to my glory passionate days .

Photos :

1 : Iranain top poser or what you call it : Fred

2 : One of those talented riders .A youngster whos learning from his teacher ago he is constantly on the podium .Finished 5th

3 : Lives nearby in our mega city. For sure I can say hes of the first 10 to ride Downhill in the country and the very first in Tehran.
    But unfortunately gets nuts as grows older .Hmmm forgot his gender!!!!

4 : Was a pal whom I rode with in the city I was educating. Brock down his Dorado disc adapter and was lucky .As has team mate snapped the headtube on a Gemini 900. So the fork was switched ( itís a Junior T the Boxxer decals are hand made!!)

5 : Getting ready to enter the gnarly section
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (144.4 KB, 500 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (83.4 KB, 486 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (87.3 KB, 485 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (75.7 KB, 480 views)
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (85.4 KB, 481 views)

No Fear

2nd set of photos

6 : Roots .A thing we usually wont see on our local trails .

7 : I have some special things to write down about this guy. I like him and his companion. They both Are from Zahedan a province bordered to Pakistan and Afghanistan. They are located at the most south western point of Iran. The least distance they have traveled for nationals is a thousand Miles .
    Over 80 percent of all the drugs used in the west ( Europe & N.America) must pas from their area after coming out of Afghanistan .Super powerful drug mafias have major facilities over there. In other words they are living at the center of violence Ď arm bargaining and drugs .
    But they have chosen to Ride .And they are isolated for parts have to buy all their needs unseen by mail.

8 : One of the two Gorgan local riders . His rig is a twin of mine. Only two 06 Stinkyís are in Iran

9 : Another of those pioneers .whom is as a leader and coach to the local riders in his town .
    He stood 3rd on the place.

10 : Railing on a big natural burm.
    • File Type: jpg 6.jpg (76.6 KB, 476 views)
    • File Type: jpg 7.jpg (82.7 KB, 476 views)
    • File Type: jpg 8.jpg (99.4 KB, 473 views)
    • File Type: jpg 9.jpg (87.5 KB, 474 views)
    • File Type: jpg 10.jpg (109.5 KB, 471 views)

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    It's great to see we all have a great connection through mountain bikes, DH, racing and loving what we ride. I wish you all the best. Great pics SABER.
    2009 GT Marathon Team,GT Force 2.0, GT Jelly Belly TT (nude carbon), and a very special Todd Wells Zaskar.

No Fear

3rd set

11 : Right after the burm into the gnarly steep part. The rider is 17 years old in the races for 2 years.

12 : Using total travel

13 : I remember this rider crashing bad for 6 times during the week .God know how many times I wasnít there to see him. And when I say bad I Mean BAD.

14 : We used to call him the Mosquito .As he was the light weight rider in the scene .

15 : The only jump on the trail

No Fear

Last set

16 : The other local Riders which the trail was at his yard.

17 : Donít know why I have so many shots from this Guy .maybe he is photogenic !! Like his white goggles . And he is around 140Th in the world UCI ranking

18 : Pioneering his all the younger ones in his area . But think his going to vanish . Heís got married .Girls cant stand the love for bikes!!!
    This Guy is the Iranian Leader in U.C.I. DH ranking chart he is 94 th in the world.
    We have many riders recorded on UCIís ranking chart for 09. All the first five in this race are among them.

19 : The winner . coached by the rider previous photo.

20 : HeHeHeHe forgot to show up my self!!!

mtbr member
    yet again a good write up saber, i enjoy reading these, thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by [Orge
    ]
    This problem could quite simply be solved if people would stop buying Konas.

Glad to Be Alive
    very cool love the second pic of the first set ...just hanging it out
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Pivotal figure
    Very nice write up for sure. Kinda puts things into perspective as far as how much easier it is for us here in the States. I've never driven 1000 miles for a race and parts are easy to come by. You guys really are dedicated, can't wait to see more pics form next year's riding
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

mtbr member
    nice cdale judge action!

ride.

mtbr member
    Again, an excellent write up Saber!!
    Your post are some of the best on here
    Its great to see the riding scene exploding in Iran

No Fear
    Kenbentit: You dont have to wait .You can see the previous ones .Also we have 5 races a year but I might not be able to attend all.

No Fear
    i used to have more replies before!!!

~Disc~Golf~
    Nice pics SABER!
    Good to see you're doin well
    Honestly... ahh I give up

Is flexy
    Great pics as always. Seems like the scene over there in Iran is growing quite a bit. Seems like the courses and bikes have come quite a way since I started taking notice to your posts over the past few years.
    Good People... www.efingersports.com

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    As always I enjoyed reading your post. Great pictures as well.
    Go BIG or Go HOME

Hamede_MTB
    saber_mtb: "Girls cant stand the love for bikes!!!"

there are many girls riding with more passion than yours.

~Disc~Golf~
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamede_MTB

I dunno, SABER has a butt-load of passion
    plus, figure what the the culture for women in Iran is like...
    (or so what we've been told)

But, you kinda have a point

dontcha?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamede_MTB

I think he's referring to the love of man and his bike/biking? and how women can't understand it..
    "The future belongs to those that believe in the beauty of their dreams."

~Disc~Golf~
    @ Cpt. Spaulding
    'zactly

but, I also think Hamede is sayin 'there plenty of biker bettys in the sea"

Hmmm. maybe I should go live in a coastal town

Fortes Fortuna Iuvat
    Superb pics!
    Maverick Durance Ano-DUC32/C KING/XTR
    Mav ML8 Ano-DUC32/X0
    Mav ML8-DUC32/I9/XTR
    09 Spec. Demo-Totem-Ti DHX
    Norco Team DH

evs
    mtbr member

Nice write up......

I used to follow your posts when you first started posting. How come you don't race any more? How long was that course? Looks like a fun time. Keep taking those pictures for us.
    'Over the Mountains Of the Moon, Down the Valley of the Shadow, Ride, Boldly Ride,' The Shade replied, - 'If you Seek for El Dorado!'

Capricious youth...
    As always, Saber... love the pictures. Thanks for keeping us updated!
    Meh.

No Fear
    EVS :
    The time was around 2:10 and why im not racing??
    Im ridding very less comparing to the last years . The fact is that i had a mental problem and it had boosted this year but im doing fine with it now.
    Gona come back with more passion.
    If you all my MTBR pals cheer me up.

And on our women culture:: Hmmm ill think about it and write up a thread on the subject.
    Hamede : I didnt mean Girls dont have Bike love : imean they go greedy when they see boys loving bikes. Well not all of you!!!