Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    squish, squish in da fish

r u pimp'd by atomlab?

OK so anyone other than myself purchase a pair of pimplite wrx pedals just to have the sh!tty DU bushings wear out in a couple rides and have huge grooves worn into the inboard side of the platform? Well I did, and I'm pissed the f**k off cause universal cycle has had them since mid october! Hacksaw i hope your reading this u prick! anyhow this sucks cause i spent 120 on these pieces and UC has had them longer now than i have. ive been relayed multiple messages that they are still waiting on these mysterious DU bushings. i'm soooo frustrated and am curious to know that they must be using these special one of a kind DU bushings? why cant they get these bushings that a lot of pedals use, whats the hold up hacksaw?

Glad to Be Alive
    first..... stuff happens all the time....keep things off internet

second ... realize it just might not be UC fault

third....did you ask them to just forget repairing the pedals...it is taking to long...how about a new rim or can you deal with them directly

fourth...at least call UC and let them know you are going to bad mouth them and give them a final chance
    Last edited by SHIVER ME TIMBERS; 12-19-2012 at 11:38 AM.
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Moose Member
    what does hacksaw have to do with this? I know the guy, and he is one of the realest people I know. I'm sure if Hacksaw could fix it directly, he would. I was in a shop, one that Hacksaw frequents (he's a good friend with everyone there... he basically works there) he walked in, felt my pedals, felt some play in them, and completely rebuilt them on the spot, free of charge. He is a mad baller.

Maybe you should figure out exactly what is happening before bad mouthing everyone that may be involved. I'm not trying to say Hacksaw is a great guy and did nothing wrong, I'm just saying he is a really good guy, and would probably help you if he could. Don't go throwing names around like prick. The only person that makes look like a prick is you. Also, if you wanted to try using proper grammar or punctuation, I might actually be able to make sense of your paragraph to know what the real problem is.

One time, I broke a frame, and got screwed over by the company and their "warranty" but instead of coming online and acting immature, I just took personal note, never bought anything from that company again, and advise others do the same. I will also note that the company that treated me bad is still a good company, and maybe my one bad case was a fluke, but there's also a chance it wasn't.

Grow up. seriously. Sorry bout yer pedals, but grow up.

Ok let me start over these are pedals and not rims we are speaking of. Secondly I'm not blaming mark or universal cycle. UC has been a stand up company. And no I'm not the only one that got the lemons. Basically they manufactured and inferior product and knew it. The spindle length is to long so u can't tighten the pedal properly. Secondly the shitty DU bushing wore out prematurely. Last is that they made the bolt only accessible by cutting down Allen wrenches to fit. Hacksaw was the one who responded to my emails so that's why he's involved. And telling me to suck it up well u sir can go take a flyin leap. Glad u **** out money and say its cool for companies to basically make a **** product and not do anything but take your hard earned money. So u should mail me $122 then if it's not a big deal there moosey. So how is my punctuation and grammar, do you understand now? I will throw names around after trying to resolve this from over two months of emails and phone calls and get the same answer, "the du bushings are on their way from china." Well I've heard of the slow boat but this is ridiculous. They must be digging a tunnel. So moosey what's the diff of u telling ppl in person to avoid a company or coming online to spread your experience. I've waited +8 wks with no resolution so my last resort is to slam em online. Treat me like **** and I treat u like ****, bottom line.
    Last edited by fishwrinkle; 12-21-2012 at 04:55 AM. Reason: typo fix for moosey

C S
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS View Post
    first..... stuff happens all the time....keep things off internet
    Disagree - I might not be able to read his post () but I personally prefer to see folks post up when they have problems with a company. Might save someone trouble down the road. If a company can't resolve a problem with pedals after 8 weeks, I think they deserve a little badmouthing on the internet. Most of us will take it with a grain of salt...

Pro Crastinator
    oh, you mad bro?

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    This guy is pretty hilar-lar. But props to Moosey for using the phrase "Mad Baller"

WCH, no i'm not mad,lol. just sick of waiting for something that just shouldn't take 8 wks and still no straight answer.

i have had multiple phone calls and emails with UC and 2 emails w/ hacksaw. UC thinks its a bunch of crap and they keep getting the same reply of waiting on bushings. UC says they have numerous pairs waiting and this is why i put this thread out. it's not like i forgot about the pedals and just decided to sling mud 2 months later. AL has had plenty of time to resolve this issue.

oh and thanks guys for the 2 neg reps and name calling, but you didn't leave your name, LOL. anything but the neg rep plz

mtbr member
    Those pedals are garbage. Burned a set in a montg
    -=-=Quiver=-=-=-
    2011 Demo 8.II Highlighter Yellow
    2011 SX 4x
    2010 Enduro Pro Carbon
    2012 Hardrock 29er

jurichar, did you warranty them and if so how did AL handle it?

Pro Crastinator
    not everyone jumps directly to scream "warranty". abused parts break and wear out and people move on...

mine were far from abused and if you were referring to jurichar using and burning them up, it sounds by his post that it happened in one day of riding. i dont scream warranty unless needed. im not one for handouts as i work hard for what i have. these pedals had less than 30 miles of XC/tech trails.

30 miles
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails r u pimp'd by atomlab?-dscn3047.jpg  

r u pimp'd by atomlab?-dscn3042.jpg  

r u pimp'd by atomlab?-dscn3041.jpg  

Moose Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishwrinkle View Post
    So how is my punctuation and grammar, do you understand now? So moosey what's the diff of u telling ppl in person to avoid a company or coming online to spread your experience. I've waited +8 wks with no resolution so my last resort is to slam em online. Treat me like **** and I treat u like ****, bottom line.
    Okay still not really sure whats happening... but I'll give this a go.

I wasn't saying it's okay for a company to produce a bad product and sell it. They should be responsible, but at least you didn't fork over a couple grand on a frame, only for it to break after two rides. That't what happened to me. And i warn people of my experience with said company online and in person, but I don't act like an immature brat and pull this "COMPANY BE A PRICK AND ERRYBUDY BE A PRICK AND DICK AND PENIS AND PRICK PRICK PRICK" crap. I act like a mature adult, and give a clear reason how the company mistreated me, and warn others that the same might happen to them, although the same might not happen.

I didn't tell you to accept the lost pedals and get over it, I told you to grow up. You are acting like an immature spoiled brat. Sorry a company can't cater to you and send your pedals back in half a day. They might be backed up, there might be complications shipping the bushings here from China. I don't know, but give the company the benefit of the doubt. They aren't intentionally screwing you over.

and no, your grammar and punctuation still aren't doing the trick. I'm still very confused.

life on 2 wheels
    Apr 2012
    maybe you should just buy loose ball pedals and rebuild after each ride. i just cant see droppin the cash for $100 pedals when im just gunna be bashing them off rocks trees and sliding on walls. i liked my $40 GI pedals. it took a f-250 to break one. literally.

Glad to Be Alive
    fishwrinkle

did the pedals feel loose or have any play before they went to junk???

cause I had a set of another brand that was loose...I took the cover outside allen bolt off and then tighten the inside shaft with a socket...coiuld you have done the same??

be more specific on what happen
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    I probably got 20hrs or so on them before they finally flew off the spindle coming into a big stepup. I didnt play the warrenty games because there is no fugg8n way I would run those death traps on any bike of mine ever again. I did tightent/repack/rebuild them about 3 times before the last incident. If I remember correctly they were sloppy as sh8t after my first ride. Chalk up the hundo lost to the bike gods, get some dmr vaults and dont look back.
    -=-=Quiver=-=-=-
    2011 Demo 8.II Highlighter Yellow
    2011 SX 4x
    2010 Enduro Pro Carbon
    2012 Hardrock 29er

Glad to Be Alive
    fishrinkle....just ask for your money back...you been patient but you need pedals now...2 months is too long

mtbr member
    You should have just called or emailed Atom Labs directly....they are pretty responsive and Mike the owner will usually respond himself.

The earlier AirCorps (2001) with precision bearings didn't last long but the DU bushing versions did, although somewhat sloppy after about 2000 miles.

fishwrinkle

did the pedals feel loose or have any play before they went to junk???

cause I had a set of another brand that was loose...I took the cover outside allen bolt off and then tighten the inside shaft with a socket...coiuld you have done the same??

be more specific on what happen
    maybe 1-2mm right outta the box they could be moved on the spindle. after install i tried to tighten, but they were torqued all the way. there weren't any warning signs.

fishrinkle....just ask for your money back...you been patient but you need pedals now...2 months is too long
    oh i did ask for a refund and i was told thats not how they handle problems by handing out cash back. this is what set me off.

Quote Originally Posted by RipRoar View Post
    You should have just called or emailed Atom Labs directly....they are pretty responsive and Mike the owner will usually respond himself.

The earlier AirCorps (2001) with precision bearings didn't last long but the DU bushing versions did, although somewhat sloppy after about 2000 miles.
    um i did contact AL directly on several occasions and jim "hacksaw" severt was the one who handled the situation and poorly at that too.

man if they could maybe have done something to help out all the pedal-less ppl then i probably would not be here. IDK maybe if they did anything but sit in silence and address the issue then they could redeem themselves, but it's as if they ignore it, it will go away. UC said if i get new pedals from AL then UC will give me pedals of my choice to swap. take note this is how biz should be conducted. this will keep me coming back.

Well my situation has been resolved. Mike (GM of UC) has sent out a pair of hope f20's free of charge. Maybe AL can take notes on customer service
    Last edited by fishwrinkle; 12-20-2012 at 03:18 PM.

Committed
    Quote Originally Posted by RipRoar View Post

Pretty sure that Mike sold Atom Lab to 'hacksaw' a year or two back, this is why the op is dealing with him.

AL products have dropped off in quality heavily in the last four or five years in my experience.

Mike did a decent job of handling qc issues in the past, hacksaw not so much.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Moosey, you talking about your Revolt? (for some reason I thought you had one)

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by fishwrinkle View Post
    Well my situation has been resolved. Mike (GM of UC) has sent out a pair of hope f20's free of charge. Maybe AL can take notes on customer service
    very very cool.....just thank him a LOT...AND LET HIM KNOW YOU APPRECIATE HIS BUSINESS TACTICS AND WILL PURCHASE FROM HIM AGAIN AND RECOMMEND HIS SHOP

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast