mtbr member
    Apr 2014

questions on a 2013ish sette vexx

Name:  2014-07-24-22-13-35.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  183.6 KB

I posed some stuff for sale on craigslist and as always i put willing to trade for mountain bike or parts. the stuff im selling is worth $700ish and i got a message for possible trade for a 2013 sette vexx. the bike looks brand new. i was concerned about mixed reviews on it cause its a Taiwan build frame, but ive read the "shiny walmart bike" thread and he seems to like his and so do several other people. ive also read some picture comments of how it pedals more like an XC bike which caught my eye cause i currently XC my 46lb 2003 rocky mountain RM-7 which i love and will probably never part with but i do want another bike thats more XC friendly but i would like some resale value if i take it to the trails and hate it.

my main concern is will it hold up to a fat heavy footed dude riding it ,im 5'6 220lbs and i tend to abuse bikes, i have bent the pivot on my ironhorse maverick, ripped master links in half, pulled teeth off of sprockets and completely twisted the truvativ big front ring into a taco trying to power up hill on the first ride of a new schwinn. a few years back.

thanks for your input. its greatly appreciated.

Glad to Be Alive
    are there shiny walmart bikes made in Taiwan - yes....but many many big bikes brands are built in taiwan (almost all).......so that is hogwash about worry....Sette makes a good durable bike....look up Aaron Hopkins...he rides one...and it holds up very well

BTW...If you are a big dude...you will break everything...try litening and finessing your riding style
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS View Post
    BTW...If you are a big dude...you will break everything...try litening and finessing your riding style
    thats why i x/c heavy downhill bikes and love my RM-7 tank. i was told if i crash hard enough to damage it ill probably be dead.

ill take weight and strength over light and weak any day. im not racing so its not really an issue. ive been working on the finesse vs running everything over and i think im getting better.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Definitely worth $700. Also definitely not an XC bike. It will not pedal like an XC bike, it will pedal like a downhill bike. It's not a particularly good replacement for the RM7, but it would make a great DH bike. I would throw the slackest angleset you can get in it, offset reducers, and maybe a short shock, and ride everything.

OR

Part it out and make more than $700, then build yourself a real trail bike.