Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Thanks Dom!

ordered some washers. yeah, the pins look like 3" long fangs. Holy crap they are big in person. I might need to go with some shin/calf armor to keep the hemorrhaging to a minimum. Hopefully they will work well with the Freerider shoes I have coming, as my Impacts are toast.
    Regional Race Manager, Knolly Bikes
    Washington State, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Had to go back to my Saints as the platform is too close to the crank arm, making my shoes rub on the crank arms when i pedal. when I move my foot away from the cranks, my feet feel like they want to roll off the edge. I wear 5.10 impacts; anyone else have this problem?

mtbr member
    ^^^ I do not have that problem with 5.10s, I stay on the platforms perfectly. What size shoe do you have?

Pretty annoying for these not to come with pedal washers though. I definitely needed them for XX1 cranks. Love the pedals though, the bearings are a lot less stiff right out of the box than the first gen. I also wish the spikes were 1mm shorter, these things will make you BLEED!

Great pedals though. Only have a few rides on them so far, but so far so good.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Just curious if the Podium 2s still exhibit the same amount of drag as the old model?
    I love my Podiums, the best feeling pedal ever, but I had to relegate them to my DH bike they just had way too much drag to run on my trail bike.

Anchorage, AK
    They do have a lil bit of drag but I'm hoping that'll subside once the bearings get more miles to them. Sprayed some penetrating fluid in there and it helped..
    two wheel livin'..

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Couloirman View Post
    ^^^ I do not have that problem with 5.10s, I stay on the platforms perfectly. What size shoe do you have?

Pretty annoying for these not to come with pedal washers though. I definitely needed them for XX1 cranks. Love the pedals though, the bearings are a lot less stiff right out of the box than the first gen. I also wish the spikes were 1mm shorter, these things will make you BLEED!

Great pedals though. Only have a few rides on them so far, but so far so good.
    Mine came with washers.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by anortherncrazy View Post
    They do have a lil bit of drag but I'm hoping that'll subside once the bearings get more miles to them. Sprayed some penetrating fluid in there and it helped..
    They do, but it's way better than the V1s were.

Anchorage, AK
    Nice. They've worked in quite a bit since I've bought them and they are almost on par with my 45NRTH Helvas, which I've owned for a several months longer.
    two wheel livin'..

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Got my Podium 2's yesterday. Look good, light and very grippy. Lame that you had to install the studs yourself, noted the shaft is pretty loose threading them into my XT cranks(are they 1/2" instead of 9/16? Didn't see that spec), I received no washers with mine and I've chopped two studs in half with a couple of pedal strikes on the first ride. Looks like I'll order some of the steel ones that I read will be available soon since these will break off like twigs. Not feeling Point1's statement "also employs custom hollow M5 traction studs that are nearly indestructible." to be true. Not impressed for the money.
    Airborne Guardian
    Niner EMD 9

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by tuskenraider View Post
    Got my Podium 2's yesterday. Look good, light and very grippy. Lame that you had to install the studs yourself, noted the shaft is pretty loose threading them into my XT cranks(are they 1/2" instead of 9/16? Didn't see that spec), I received no washers with mine and I've chopped two studs in half with a couple of pedal strikes on the first ride. Looks like I'll order some of the steel ones that I read will be available soon since these will break off like twigs. Not feeling Point1's statement "also employs custom hollow M5 traction studs that are nearly indestructible." to be true. Not impressed for the money.
    Love mine except that I have been thru 6 studs. They are very fragile and having a low BB does not help.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Another ride, one minor rock strike, two studs down...........sad.
    Airborne Guardian
    Niner EMD 9

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    So the studs on the Podium 2's are aluminum I take it?

The studs on my Podium 1's are still all intact and super awesome, of course they are steel.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by bad andy View Post
    So the studs on the Podium 2's are aluminum I take it?

The studs on my Podium 1's are still all intact and super awesome, of course they are steel.
    Yes, though steel are supposed to be available soon. I sent an email to them asking about it 4 days ago.......no reply yet. Two pedal strikes today sheered off 5 more studs, so I think I'm going to order some Canfield Crampons I originally wanted.
    Airborne Guardian
    Niner EMD 9

Anchorage, AK

Point One Racing Podium pedals

I love these pedals. No rock strikes yet luckily but I have them on my fat bike. Maybe the BB is higher?

Sent from my wireless communication apparatus
    two wheel livin'..

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    does anybody know if point one is still in business? seems like they do not produce their pedals any longer as the shop says they are sold out and someone ist arguing on their facebook-fanpage that he did not receive a proper delivery (pins missing)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by styleroyal View Post
    does anybody know if point one is still in business? seems like they do not produce their pedals any longer as the shop says they are sold out and someone ist arguing on their facebook-fanpage that he did not receive a proper delivery (pins missing)
    They are in business, but have a funny way of conducting it in my personal experience.

The only way to get any customer service from Point1 is to beef on their FB page constantly. It's the only thing they watch, edit and delete as all my past emails to them went unanswered for weeks regarding a Podium V1 warranty issue. And the number I have on file for them is also pointless. All you get is voicemail or we're out of the office spiel. Left messages there too and never got a call back.

And when they do finally own up and replace your pedals, they send you black ano instead of the raw finish. And then another waiting game for at least a month of so.

While the Podiums V1 were amazing pedals, insane grip and profile, all three sets of mine never lasted a full season as the outboard most bearings never made it far into the riding. All self exploded, replacement bearings were expensive and not easy to obtain and not to mention their elusive bearing removal tool which was needed for rebuilds, which I luckily purchased from CRC.

I got fed up dealing with constantly rebuilding them, sold all three sets on Pinkbike, extra bearings and the tool. Ditched flat pedals altogether and I'm clipless for 2 years now and don't see myself ever returning.

Glad to Be Alive
    I wanted the Point Ones but a friend recommended to use Canfield Crampons

I now have 3 sets of them....2 sets on DH bikes and one set on AM Nomad....no problems at all the last 6 months.....I ride in rocky areas and bent some pins...you unscrew the broken ones and replace them with ease....plus they are just as lite as the point ones....I am so glad I got the Canfeilds and everyone knows about how good Canfield Brothers customer service is
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    May 2009

I've had good luck emailing them and getting a response. They even offered spare pins at the time even though mine came with extra. I ended up selling them because of the narrow Q factor and got the raceface atlas pedals and love them. Light, wide, and perfect amount of grip. Also great customer service.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I did own the v1 myself and could not get used to the friction and the size of the bearing on the crankarm, I somehow always managed to stand on that half way of descends... so I sold them waiting for v2, which seems to have issues with the pins. Such a shame, they simply look beautiful...

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Anyone know the bearing size for the (3) small outboard bearings on the Podium1's? I just placed an order for the bearing kit on their site but am expecting that they may not actually have/ship them.

Transition Blindside v5
    Quote Originally Posted by bad andy View Post
    I just placed an order for the bearing kit on their site but am expecting that they may not actually have/ship them.
    Please let us know when you get your shipment from them. I need to order the same kit soon, but sorta holding off placing an order, not knowing whether or not they're even in biz to ship promptly. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006

I got the shipping notice in email today. No tracking, but apparently the kit is on its way.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Well, package arrived today. I can't complain at all about this transaction. Shipped and arrived in a timely manner. Now I just have to figure how to get these tiny ass bearings installed properly.

Transition Blindside v5
    Cool, good to know.
    Thanks for your follow-up report on the transaction.

gearstomorrow
    I've been riding my original Podium pedals for 3+ years. Absolutely love them.

The right side outer bearings blew out last year on my set. I ordered a new bearing kit from the Point 1 website, it was a quick and easy fix. I think I ordered the kit on Monday and had it installed by the end of the week. I simply used a small brass punch and gently worked the bearings in place.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast