Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 11 51 57 58 59 60 61
Results 1,501 to 1,511 of 1511
    mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclelicious View Post
    My new hot pink Canfield Crampons. Replacing my Gussets.
    Thinner, lighter and grippier. Perfect colour match for my rear triangle

Tested them last weekend and I was impressed with much these outperformed my old pedals. My feet remained firmly planted on the platforms on runs that were heavily gnar. (and where in the past my feet sometimes would lose contact)

photo DSC05178_zps7ed59b84.jpg

photo DSC05177_zps97d3cf8c.jpg

That's the thing about those pedals- people choke when they see the price, but once you've had a pair- you'd gladly spend the money again.

Love mine.
    13 Lenz Lunchbox punkass

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Random Psycho View Post
    kragu, how did that happen? A rock strike?
    looks like it happened over time by putting his weight to far out on the side of the pedal and continuing to over loading it... or its just a crappy bonding job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodson View Post
    Bandoleroooooooooooos!

meow, meow.
    Finally I ordered a pair of Kore Rivera Thermo:

Tested them on a guy's DJ/street bike and found grip quite sufficient. They were almost new though and he doesn't pedal grind. Important detail: note that the wrench flats don't go to axle faces. There are nice flanges which don't let the axle mangle an aluminum crank. Those pedals are the only loose ball bearing plastics that have this feature, among all such pedals that I checked.
    26" faithful.

mtbr member

Platform Pedal Shootout, the best flat is...

Quote Originally Posted by Fuglio View Post
    looks like it happened over time by putting his weight to far out on the side of the pedal and continuing to over loading it... or its just a crappy bonding job.
    Actually, it was my buddy's first day on them. 2nd run of the day in a park.
    '14 Lenz Lunchbox
    '14 RIP 9
    '12 RIP 9
    '08 GF Ferrous 29
    '02 Trek 4300

meow, meow.
    Today I got 1st ride on Kore Rivera Thermo. Platform area and grip are just right (Shimano AM40 shoes). I rode urban mostly, and hit a pedal on concrete 2 or 3 times, the beefy molded pins held up.

Axle wrench flats don't go all the way to axle face, just like on the other Kore plastic pedal. This is very rare and a very good trait. There's a rubber seal inboard bewteen body and axle.

A word of warning on internals though. There is NO anti-slip washer in there between outboard cone and the locknut, so when you try to tighten the locknut, it drags cone with it and screws up the adjustment. There are also no respective flats in outboard axle thread for washer to lock against. Guess they were not meant to be adjusted. If I get pedals loosening prematurely I will grind 2 flats on threaded part and file a non-round hole in an M6 washer (it looks like 1/4" thread on axle).

I checked out internals on a guy's Odyssey Twisted PC for comparison, and it had the correct adjustable design. However they have wrench flats going all the way to the crank. Perfection is so hard to achieve in this world. *sigh*
    26" faithful.

meow, meow.
    I'm tempted to email Straitline asking them to launch a what I'd call Defacto Plastic. I'm sold on their axle/bushing system. With thin, doubly concave, full nylon composite or polycarbonate replaceable bodies that could be the ultimate playbike pedal. Think Odyssey JCPC but lighter, perhaps slimmer, and without those scary metal pins.
    26" faithful.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Random Psycho View Post
    No pics unfortunately. I forgot where I put the pedals once the axle broke..
    I never got the pedals I ordered. They cancelled even though quantity was "10". I reordered and they cancelled again and removed the ad.

I did order the VP-001 pedals and they are great!

VP-001 Downhill/DH Mountain Bike Pedals - YouTube

Gary

mtbr member
    I had those before, I agree they are nice pedals but now I have the VP Vice pedals and there nicer.

Do yourself a favor and dont take them apart, when I did that they broke.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by sml-2727 View Post
    I had those before, I agree they are nice pedals but now I have the VP Vice pedals and there nicer.

Do yourself a favor and dont take them apart, when I did that they broke.
    Ok, I will think of them as disposable pedals then . Why did you take them apart? To regrease?

Gary

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryH View Post
    Ok, I will think of them as disposable pedals then . Why did you take them apart? To regrease?

Gary
    Yes, I dunno how it happened but one of the pedals all the threads just fell apart when I took the small nut off, more or less a small defect in the part, the other pedal was fine.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by sml-2727 View Post
    Yes, I dunno how it happened but one of the pedals all the threads just fell apart when I took the small nut off, more or less a small defect in the part, the other pedal was fine.
    Thanks bud!

Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 11 51 57 58 59 60 61