Page 51 of 62 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1541
    mtbr member

Platform Pedal Shootout, the best flat is...

Your beat up ankles look like mine, though most of my strikes these days are from walking the bike to or from my car/house.
    '14 Lenz Lunchbox
    '08 Gary Fisher Ferrous 29

mtbr member
    is there such a thing as peddles with the option for flat or clipped in, i.e clipped in for the climb then perminently un clipped for the decent with flat performance?? not asking much I know ;-)
    Rolling & Tumbling

meow, meow.
    Yes such pedals do exist. They are intended for tourers. For instance, Shimano PD-M324.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by miggy View Post
    is there such a thing as peddles with the option for flat or clipped in, i.e clipped in for the climb then perminently un clipped for the decent with flat performance?? not asking much I know ;-)
    You could try some Crank Brother mallets, that was what I was running before the Crampons.
    13 Lenz Lunchbox punkass

metrotuned WoS
    eurospek, I ride both clipless and platform. There is a place and time for both. Have fun with it.
    #willofthesun and author of the most viewed MTBR thread: Platform Pedal Shootout

mtbr member
    ^ This is true.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

bikerbert

Quote Originally Posted by illnacord View Post
    eurospek, I ride both clipless and platform. There is a place and time for both. Have fun with it.
    This!

Feb 2010
    Do you guys think these pedal are real or of the fugasi kind?!?! I don't trust (most) sellers on ebay.

HT Nano Pedal AN30A | eBay

....and if they are real, please leave me a pair, lol!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GrooveRite View Post
    Do you guys think these pedal are real or of the fugasi kind?!?! I don't trust (most) sellers on ebay.

HT Nano Pedal AN30A | eBay

....and if they are real, please leave me a pair, lol!
    I can see your concern, because if one goes on the HT web site, it appears tht the Nano series of pedals are list priced at $130. So how can someone sell this particular pedal at $75 delivered?!
    Of course it's possible that he/she is an HT employee who walked out with a few of these, or, the pedals for sale are not really new.

You are right to be suspicious, in my opinion. For what it's worth, Answer Rove pedals, which appear quite similar, and are of similar weight, are available for around the same price on PricePoint.com - I have no affiliation with either PricePoint or Answer products.

Finally, the same seller has other colors available, and apparently is from the same city, New Taipei, as HT's headquarters/manufacturing site. Having said that, another seller, also from Taiwan, is selling this pedal for $60.99!

Good luck and Best regards
    Best regards
    Barry, 67, 2012 Trek 7.4FX
    New Jersey,USA

Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by flan48 View Post
    I can see your concern, because if one goes on the HT web site, it appears tht the Nano series of pedals are list priced at $130. So how can someone sell this particular pedal at $75 delivered?!
    Of course it's possible that he/she is an HT employee who walked out with a few of these, or, the pedals for sale are not really new.

You are right to be suspicious, in my opinion. For what it's worth, Answer Rove pedals, which appear quite similar, and are of similar weight, are available for around the same price on PricePoint.com - I have no affiliation with either PricePoint or Answer products.

Finally, the same seller has other colors available, and apparently is from the same city, New Taipei, as HT's headquarters/manufacturing site. Having said that, another seller, also from Taiwan, is selling this pedal for $60.99!

Good luck and Best regards
    Best regards
    Thank you!

mtbr member
    I did a preview of the new Canfield Brothers Crampon Ultimates MAG pedal, check it out:

All Mountain Next: Preview: Canfield Brothers Crampon Magnesium Pedal

Platform Pedal Shootout, the best flat is...-weight.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by V.P. View Post
    I did a preview of the new Canfield Brothers Crampon Ultimates MAG pedal, check it out:

I really like mine.
    My feet were getting sore with the soft soled skate shoes I have. I still get really great traction using a hard soled Shimano SPD shoe. I was really surprised.
    13 Lenz Lunchbox punkass

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I just had both of my spank spikes totally freeze up. Regreased them at the beginning of the season. I have old shimano clip ins that still run fine after 5 years. That's BS. Are all of these new flats set up with crap bearings?

meow, meow.
    Well.. you need some thickness to allocate rolling element bearings and the means of their sealing in that space. And Shimano pedal sealing is unsurpassed I think.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Huck Pitueee View Post
    I just had both of my spank spikes totally freeze up. Regreased them at the beginning of the season. I have old shimano clip ins that still run fine after 5 years. That's BS. Are all of these new flats set up with crap bearings?
    How thick are you Shimano compare to the spanks?
    13 Lenz Lunchbox punkass

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by V.P. View Post

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	weight.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	64.3 KB 
ID:	813011
    Nice basic preview. Cant wait til you get some use out of them / real world comparison to the podiums. I admit I love my podiums AND my original crampons.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007

xpedo spry

Name:  xpedo spry.jpg
Views: 2140
Size:  20.9 KB
    looks like these were just released from XPEDO. some won't like the relative lack of pins (7 pins per side) but the placement looks good. also, many will want to immediately upgrade the pins to the spike or split pins.
    other than that, hard to argue with 260g and 11mm thick for $80, with a decent platform size (106 x 100mm). might not be for the clydesdales or for hard core dh/freeride, but they might be just fine.
    I am ordering a set today - will post more when I receive them.

bikerbert

I'm going from Crankbrothers Candy's + Specialized MTB something or other carbon shoes to the Ultimates with Teva Links shoes.

Can anyone ballpark how much I should lower my saddle?

Thanks!!!

the Dude memorial aviator
    Quote Originally Posted by 8664 View Post
    that combo rocks! Crampon Ultimate with Straitline AMP Pins there are a litle shorter pins and works perfect
    Did you have to tap larger threads in for the AMP pins?

gabrielle
    Quote Originally Posted by Impy
    just plain unfriendly and maladjusted.
    "Yes, honey: I do love this bike more than I love you."

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Help me overthink pedals for my DJ bike

I "need" some new pedals for my DJ bike, currently it has Wellgo LU-A52's. Although I don't have huge feet (US 10), I'm finding the platforms a wee bit small (100 x 95). Also the grip is lackluster even with my 5.10 hellcats. I don't really jump, this is my pumptrack / play bike.

After reading through this thread I have a burning desire to try out some super-thin pedals. I'm kind of waffling between the HT AE03s, Crampon Ultimates, Spank Spikes and DMR Vaults.

AE03's
    Pros: 11mm thin, cap head pins (a better design IMHO)
    Cons: cost ($140), internet chatter about reliability, questionable availabilty of service parts, only marginally larger (102 x 96) and actually will probably seem smaller since they have a lower Q-factor than my LU-A52's. Come to think of it, these are off the list now.

Crampons:
    Pros: 11mm thin, pedals and customer service almost universally praised, larger (106mm x 106mm)
    Cons: cost ($160), set screw pins, not sure about the convex shape...

Vaults:
    Pros: huge (115 x 115mm), reportedly bombproof bearings, real concave, like the flip pin design, less astronomical cost ($110)
    Cons: won't get to experience true thinness (17mm)

Spikes:
    Pros: 12mm thin, cap head pins, good reliability reports, $115
    Cons: Can't figure out how big the platforms are- everywhere I see them measured at 90 sq cm, but what are the L x W measurements?

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Love my Vaults, not sure the experience of thin is all that much of a con.

No Clue Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by zuuds View Post
    Spikes:
    Pros: 12mm thin, cap head pins, good reliability reports, $115
    Cons: Can't figure out how big the platforms are- everywhere I see them measured at 90 sq cm, but what are the L x W measurements?
    111mm x 111mm according to my ruler...

meow, meow.
    Another report on my AMPs, sporting aluminum Superstar pins for about half a year now. Those pins still hold up even though I clip them on urban stuff. They are wearing down of course but it's slow enough, I haven't replaced any so far. The damage to shoe soles is reduced a lot as compared to stock pins, the pits created are much more shallow.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Is there no words at all on the VP-DH1 pedal? VP Bicycle Components
    VP Pilot Super Flat Pedals - 2013 Mountain Bike Components at Eurobike 2012 - Mountain Biking Pictures - Vital MTB
    They look sweet. Would really like to get a pair (to first try out on the bike of my (pedal-)striking girlfriend.. :-)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Gunnar Westholm; 07-17-2013 at 11:25 AM. Reason: adding image of a sweet looking pedal!

NWS
    mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by NWS View Post
    HT AE01s are now on ebay for about $100 shipped. I received mine a couple days ago, and they look very nice. I probably won't be riding again until April or May though, so I can't give them a proper review until then.

Bi King 2013 HT AE01 MTB BMX Pedals Black 358G | eBay
    The AE01s have disappeared from eBay for the moment, but allow me to direct your attention back to the AX01 for a moment:

Bi King HT AX01 MTB BMX Pedals Red 363G TB01B | eBay

$54, shipped!

I had those on my bike for quite a while, but switched them out for AE01s a week ago. I'm not sure which I prefer, but I'm leaning toward the AX01s. Which is funny because they're half the price.

I think my idea of the perfect pedal would look like an AE01 from the side, and like an AX01 from the top. The small size of the AX01 seemed a little odd at first, but I miss it now. My feet are of normal size, and I ride in 5.10 Impact highs, size 9.5, and the AX01 is exactly as big as I want pedal to be. No more, no less.

The thin design of the AE01 just isn't noticeable, at least not for me / for how and where I ride. Looks cool, makes sense... just doesn't seem to matter.

I'll probably switch back and forth a couple times before I make up my mind.

Page 51 of 62 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 61 ... LastLast