Page 44 of 64 FirstFirst ... 34 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 54 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1585
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by womble View Post
    It's a 6mm difference. Either they are a copy, or it's a transcription error.

One way to tell- give them a shot and let us know
    Still looking over eBay's auctions for the MG1's. If i can't get a better deal, will go for those ones.

mtbr member
    tho Crupi makes BMX stuff, anyone ever try these...

Crupi BMX Racing Prducts

Platform Pedal Shootout, the best flat is...-pedal-platform-pol.jpg
    2010 GT Avalanche Expert

mtbr member
    What do you guys think of the Wellgo's KC001? I can't find any kind of review or feedback about them anywhere online. They seem to be in the 40$ range and a bit thinner, smaller and lighter than the MG1's. You can see it here, for example: New One Pair Wellgo KC001 MTB Bike Bicycle Pedals Light Weight 270g White C203 | eBay (although that seller is asking too much). I can get it for 40$ shipped at aliexpress.com

meow, meow.
    PedroDank,
    I think they are so light because they are so horribly tiny (and this is from someone who's fine on Straitline AMPs which are known for being too small for many MTBers).

mtbr member
    Thanks for that info! I really don't know if they are small or big as I've never bought pedals before of any kind. Greatly appreciated! Do you think that, to get a good deal, I should just go with the MG1? My shoe size is an european 42 (or 11,5 in USA).

Five is right out
    Sep 2006
    Euro 42 is US 8.5 for shoe sizes, not US 11.5.

MG1s are fine for this shoe size.

mtbr member
    Pedro, a Euro 42 is an 8.5 American, not 11.5. Most Americans are about a size 10. So you have a smaller than average foot size. (International Shoe Size Conversion Charts/Converter Tables for Shoes Sizes)

To answer your question, an MG1 should be ok. If you are just buying pedals for the first time, I would get something that seems to be a durable and inexpensive pedal. The MG1's are fine, but there are many other choices. If you want something that sticks to your feet, make sure it has threaded set screws (looks like a machine screw pointing upwards). I would avoid anything with smooth pins, like the older Crank Bros, and Straitline. For what it is worth, I think the new Shimano Saint pedals are probably the lowest cost, high performance pedals out there. If I didn't own Point1 Racing pedals, I would get those. I think they may be out of your price range though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Platform Pedal Shootout, the best flat is...-shimano-saint-pedals-biketreks-ambleside.jpg  

Regional Race Manager, Knolly Bikes
    Washington State, South Africa

meow, meow.
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroDank View Post
    My shoe size is an european 42 (or 11,5 in USA).
    Must be a typo, because those sizes aren't the same on this chart.

Either way, MG-1 have been favored by the weight conscious budget minded folks for years.

If you want much more durability (and very likely comfort) at the expense of some weight and money, then take a hard look at Shimano Saint (PD-MX80). They are unrivaled for value I think.

PS
    I wasn't aware of the 2 previous posts until I posted this one )

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Hm, I totally get avoiding Crank Bros but why Straitlines? I run the De Factos on one bike and they are awesome. The Amps that I have on another bike are not as grippy (fewer pins), but still good. I guess expensive because of the weight savings, I use them for xc.

Anyway, just installed e.13 lg1+ and while they are not light, I really like them. Maybe even more so than the Straitlines - but this may be partly because they are new

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rdhfreethought View Post
    Pedro, a Euro 42 is an 8.5 American, not 11.5. Most Americans are about a size 10. So you have a smaller than average foot size. (International Shoe Size Conversion Charts/Converter Tables for Shoes Sizes)

To answer your question, an MG1 should be ok. If you are just buying pedals for the first time, I would get something that seems to be a durable and inexpensive pedal. The MG1's are fine, but there are many other choices. If you want something that sticks to your feet, make sure it has threaded set screws (looks like a machine screw pointing upwards). I would avoid anything with smooth pins, like the older Crank Bros, and Straitline. For what it is worth, I think the new Shimano Saint pedals are probably the lowest cost, high performance pedals out there. If I didn't own Point1 Racing pedals, I would get those. I think they may be out of your price range though.
    I apologize. I've used a table too, but looks like I looked at the wrong place...
    I am buying pedals for the first time and I do not want to spend too much money on this (>60$); all i need is better grip and a good-overhaul pedal. I've read that thin pedals are more important than light pedals and the size is pretty important too. Also important to know is that I dont do DH - I just ride in light gravel and a lot in the road as well.
    I've taken a look at the shimano and I can see they are great value for the money, but still...I don't want to spend that much in a pedal right now. I prefer to save some $ to also get better shoes for this.
    All things considered, I think MG1 is the right choice for me.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Random Psycho View Post
    Must be a typo, because those sizes aren't the same on this chart.

Either way, MG-1 have been favored by the weight conscious budget minded folks for years.

If you want much more durability (and very likely comfort) at the expense of some weight and money, then take a hard look at Shimano Saint (PD-MX80). They are unrivaled for value I think.

PS
    I wasn't aware of the 2 previous posts until I posted this one )
    Thanks for your input. I liked the consistent comment on the PD-MX80. As I've said above, they are a bit over my budget.
    You say the MG1 are favored by the weight conscious budget minded people, but the weight isn't really my concern at all, as I've mentioned above.

Now just a few questions: I've also learnt that concave pedals will provide comfort in longer rides... The MG1 is totally flat, right? How much really is "longer" rides? I usually ride for 1h30 or 2h...not that much. Also, the only MG1 pedal that has no paint at all (I've seen it gets scuffed really easily due to magnesium's softness) is the silver one, right? I'm asking this because I can see "Titanium" color in eBay as well. Too bad wellgo's official website is still under construction as I would like to get real official info on their products.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

meow, meow.
    For 2 hour rides, you'll most likely be able to get away with flat shape, if the platform area is sufficient. But the slightly concave shape (of Shimano flats, for example) is felt and appreciated immediately as you begin the ride.

I rode a lot with PD-MX30, and liked them so much for the shape and durability. Not so much for thickness, weight and grub screw pins, however. Now that PD-MX80 have been improved in all these areas.. I would be riding them without any second thoughts, but I bought a pair of steel-axle AMPs at a good price before the 80s were released.

mtbr member
    The PD-MX80 does look good, but I can't get them at a good price...
    I've decided to go for the MG1. All things considered, they are the best solution in my prince range.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    2mm longer pins on Saint. grip = brutal. i think 1mm longer than original would also be big improvement. M4/10mm is also much more grippy than original with 8.5mm full length.

Platform Pedal Shootout, the best flat is...-saint.jpg
    Last edited by MiLi; 02-20-2013 at 12:35 PM.

Five is right out
    Sep 2006
    Anyone know how thick the new Hope F20s are?

Full bearings sound good, I wonder what the tradeoff is with platform thickness. Hope hasn't posted any measurements.

mtbr member
    I am considering the AMPs. My feet are size 9.5. I'm a little conserened about the smaller platform. What do you guys think?

My first choice is the Ultimates, but Canfield is out of the red ones.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 SC Nickel LT
    Incoming: 2008 Lotus Exige S 240
    '12 Toy FJ TT
    '05 Cooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Cycle Shawn View Post
    I am considering the AMPs. My feet are size 9.5. I'm a little conserened about the smaller platform. What do you guys think?

My first choice is the Ultimates, but Canfield is out of the red ones.
    I think you'll be OK for size, unless you are used to huge pedals.

I am 11 - 11.5 depending on shoe and run them (red too, btw) on my xc / commuter bike without any problems.

However, for DH I'd prefer my Straitline De factos or e.13 LG1+

mtbr member
    Check out these light weight pedals, doubt there are pedals much lighter. Would I trust them for any dh or agressive riding? Nope. Looks like a commuter type pedal for very light riders.

Found: Ultra-Minimalist Titanium VP Blade Flat Pedal - Bike Rumor

FOUND: ULTRA-MINIMALIST TITANIUM VP BLADE FLAT PEDAL

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    hiii

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by monstertiki View Post
    Check out these light weight pedals, doubt there are pedals much lighter. Would I trust them for any dh or agressive riding? Nope. Looks like a commuter type pedal for very light riders.

Found: Ultra-Minimalist Titanium VP Blade Flat Pedal - Bike Rumor

FOUND: ULTRA-MINIMALIST TITANIUM VP BLADE FLAT PEDAL
    It looks like you could get the toe of your shoe stuck in tose things.

I'm ordering a pair of CB Cramp Ultimates tomorrow.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 SC Nickel LT
    '12 Toy FJ TT
    '05 Cooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Cycle Shawn View Post
    It looks like you could get the toe of your shoe stuck in tose things.
    Haha, yeah... I agree that durability does not look to be the only issue.
    2012 Intense M9
    2012 Pivot Mach 5.7 Carbon
    2008 Look 595
    2007 Custom Litespeed Sewanee

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Ha!

I do want these VPs. I expect they'll be perfect for my commuter / xc Litepeed, which is also Ti Right now I am running Amps on it...

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    how about acros a-flat? they look good. atm im using pedals from superstars, similar to kona wah wah. unbeatable for price!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Sweet!

mtbr member
    I got AMPs on the way!
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 SC Nickel LT
    '12 Toy FJ TT
    '05 Cooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

beater

Platform Pedal Shootout, the best flat is...

The Chromag pedals are to be released Monday, according to their FB. Looking forward to hearing details. The picture from their post:
    Platform Pedal Shootout, the best flat is...-imageuploadedbytapatalk1362091359.596126.jpg
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.

Page 44 of 64 FirstFirst ... 34 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 54 ... LastLast