Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 333940414243
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 2115
    n00b
    Sep 2013
    So I've been looking for some concave pedals as well, and have tried to find as many side views of pedals as I could find, and I've made a comparison image.
    Note that the comparison can't be 100% precise, it still depends on the angle of the images and if there are any "hidden" features that change the concavity of the pedal. But it should give a decent first impression.

Platform Pedal Shootout, the best flat is...-vergleich-pedale-v4.jpg

Click here for the full size comparison image for pedals (concave vs convex)

The pedals included are:
    Acros A-Flat
    Blackspire Sub4
    Burgtec Penthouse MK3
    Burgtec Penthouse MK4
    Canfield Brothers Crampon
    Deity Bladerunner
    Deity TMAC
    DMR Vault
    E13 LG1+
    Easton Flatboy
    FireEye Hot Candy
    Gamut Podium
    Gusset Oxide
    Hope F20
    HT Components AE03
    HT Components AE05
    Kona Wah Wah
    NC17 Sudpin III
    Nukeproof Electron Evo
    Nukeproof Electron (non Evo)
    Nukeproof Neutron
    Pedaling Innovations Catalyst
    Race Face Aeffect
    Race Face Atlas
    Race Face Chester
    Shimano Saint
    Sixpack Millenium
    Sixpack Skywalker
    Sixpack Vegas
    Spank Oozy
    Spank Spike
    Specialized Bennies
    Specialized Boomslang
    Straitline AMP
    Straitline De Facto
    Superstar Components Delta
    Superstar Components Nano
    Syntace NumberNine 2
    Truvativ Holzfeller
    Twenty6 Predator
    VP Components Harrier
    Xpedo Spry

NWS
    mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Speaking of Hope's pedals and their pins... I've been meaning to ask if any other companies make pedals with pins like the ones on Hope's F20s. Countersunk flared bases seem like a brilliant idea. It should make them less likely to get damaged around the threads, in addition to simply adding strength and support right where they're needed.

But the F20s are thick by modern standards and not exactly light. I run them on my DH bike but would like something with the same pins on a lighter platform for my AM/FR bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NWS View Post
    But the F20s are thick by modern standards and not exactly light
    This was my thinking too, and the only reason I tried the Hope's last..... However, I can not tell any difference in feel regarding 'thickness' when compared to the 12mm thin Oozys they replaced.

On my scale the Oozys weighed 371g, while the Hopes weighed 396g.

NWS
    mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I haven't weighed the Origin8 Slimlines that I have on my main bike now, but they're allegedly 308g, or 3oz less than the Hopes. I'd quit looking at more pedals if they had Hope's pins.

And I'm not convinced that thickness matters much either. I'm perfectly content to use F20s on my DH bike, and they'll probably stay there for as long as I have that bike. But I wonder if Hope could match that weight (or come close to it) if they went to a modern slim design.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by NWS View Post
    I haven't weighed the Origin8 Slimlines that I have on my main bike now, but they're allegedly 308g, or 3oz less than the Hopes. I'd quit looking at more pedals if they had Hope's pins.

And I'm not convinced that thickness matters much either. I'm perfectly content to use F20s on my DH bike, and they'll probably stay there for as long as I have that bike. But I wonder if Hope could match that weight (or come close to it) if they went to a modern slim design.
    How about the Twenty6 Predator pedals?
    Twenty6 Products - Products

not exactly light at a claimed 405g (chromoly), but they do sell a Ti version at 340g. Super pricey though.

NWS
    mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I had hard time parting with $140 for Hopes, I don't think I could handle $270. The pin design does seem really cool though, it has the same features I like about Hope, and maybe even better as it looks like they sit pretty deep into the pedal. But if this reviewer's experience is typical, aluminum might not have been the best choice for the pins:

TWENTY6 PREDATOR pedal Review

You win some, you lose some, I guess. The pedal itself should last forever... maybe longer than the supply of replacement pins will last.

mtbr member

$30 Cheap pedals outclass $100 pedals that look cheap

#1 sp00n82: nice going on the compilation of side profiles.

#2 I want to hear about Gamut's Point One Racing platform real feedback on bearing wear in the new model.

#3 I want to hear about Crank Brothers Stamp pedals and long term durability test

#4 here is something I found today: Besides the cheap appearance of the spindle section, the outer pedal shape is acceptable with the 100x93 sized platform and claimed 245g weight for the pair, could work for many applications.
    Platform Pedal Shootout, the best flat is...-245g-pedals-100x94-29-shipped.jpg
    Lead actor Will of the Sun, Author Platform Pedal Shootout 900K+ views

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Any updates on the Gamut Podium pedals?
    Do they feel as good as a TMac? Itching to try a new pedal because black friday is right around the corner!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    This article popped up on Vital this week. might give you some answers.

Vital MTB Face Off: The Best Flat Pedals - Mountain Bikes Feature Stories - Vital MTB

mtbr member
    I heard specialized boomslang pedals where the bee's knees..

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jojotherider View Post
    This article popped up on Vital this week. might give you some answers.

Vital MTB Face Off: The Best Flat Pedals - Mountain Bikes Feature Stories - Vital MTB
    Thanks for the article.

The singletrack sampler (Alex) from youtube said , specialized boomslang pedals where the bee's knees...the guys puts in lots of miles.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Thats a pretty heavy pedal. For a similar weight the TMacs felt really nice underfoot

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by D Bone View Post
    I have a nerve issue in my right foot called mortons nueroma, and it makes finding 'comfortable' pedals tough. The Chromag Contacts were bullet proof and had great levels of grip in terms of pins, but they were a little short front wheel to back wheel and that added to my foot pain a bit.... It isn't like they're tiny, but just a few mms short of what I like in terms of pedal body vs foot feel.

I'm currently on the "2nd gen" Hope Tech F20s (with the hallow/flat top pins) and they feel like the RF Atlas under foot, and are built like a freakin' tank. I bought them from CRC as most vendors in the US seem to still have the "1st Gen" pedals with the round/smooth-top pins that don't grip nearly as well.

I have tried, ridden and sold; (2) RF Atlas, Chromag Scarab & Contact, Spank Spike & Oozy, Canfield Crampon Mountains.

Only the RF had mechanical problems, while every other pedal was solidly designed and constructed, but they just didn't feel right for me and my personal issue.

The Spank Oozy's were my go-to before the Hopes, and the Crampons were the absolute worst in terms of feel and grip..... not a fan of convex I guess.
    Thanks for the heads up D.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Ive changed the pins on the spry xpedo to twin tips and the grip is so much better. If you have these pedals and want more grip, give these pins a try. They are about $20 on ebay

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonlui View Post
    Ive changed the pins on the spry xpedo to twin tips and the grip is so much better. If you have these pedals and want more grip, give these pins a try. They are about $20 on ebay
    that's good to know. I found them here.

XMX Twin Tip Pins - Xpedo

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 333940414243