Page 4 of 61 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 ... LastLast
    metrotuned WoS
    rockclimber, aint my money but... the dixi ebay pedals are listed at 17mm height. That's no different than the many other generic pedals in height, meaning that although they took a lot of styling cues from Crampon pedals, they are just that, the look without the function. So at $65, it's a ripoff when you could have the real thing for double that with both function and style. Again, aint my money, if you pull the trigger and guinea pig it, please post your review here for us to see.
    #willofthesun and author of the most viewed MTBR thread: Platform Pedal Shootout

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Didn't even see that, thanks!

mtbr member
    I dunno, those Dixies look plenty low enough to me and a good weight too, might be a good balance of price/performance

mtbr member
    search some of the old pedal threads. lots of people bashing the HTs until oops.....they figured out its the same exact pedal as the "cool" brands.

metrotuned WoS

Idea! Point1 Podium x Brooklyn Machine Works Veggie Burger

Just got the Point1 Podium pedals, took a shot next to the monstrous Brooklyn Machine Works Veggie Burger pedals (ebay 250719375847). Looks like there are now a pair of USA-made-CNC'd mountain bike pedals on the market! San Jose, California and Brooklyn, New York for the win!

#willofthesun and author of the most viewed MTBR thread: Platform Pedal Shootout

metrotuned WoS

New question here. Yet another HT rebrand bites the dust

HT > Deity rebranded "Decoy 2.0" > Bricklane Bikes rebranded "Flatliner"

Gotta hand it to Deity and Bricklane, they are the pinnacle of innovation with renaming the pedals!

Platform Pedal Shootout, the best flat is...-bricklane-bikes-flatliner-deity-copy.jpg
    Bricklane Bikes "Flatliner" platform pedals

Platform Pedal Shootout, the best flat is...-bricklane-bikes-flatliner-deity-copy-2.jpg
    Deity "Decoy 2.0" platform pedals

Platform Pedal Shootout, the best flat is...-bricklane-bikes-flatliner-deity-copy-3.jpg
    HT Nano AN26SS platform pedals

Dinner for wolves
    Word to the wise,

The HTi pedals I have been using on my bike (not a DH or FR rig, forgive me) have suffered greatly in the 6 short months I have been using them. They are the magnesium bodied, 17mm thick stock that looks identical to the Deity pedals pictured above. My lead foot pedal has maybe 1/3 to 1/2 of its original pins left. The holes are not drilled all the way through...probably for a reason...so the pins cannot be replaced (holes get deforemed when pin get ripped out). Sure were a nice, light, grippy, pretty set of pedals when I bought them for $67. Now I am looking at my former pedals, the Sun RIngle Zuzus to figure out why they held up so well for over 2 years. Anywho, no more hex pins for me. They are the weak point for my intended use. I am looking to give the Blackspire Sub4s a shot before I put the Zuzus back on. Anybody out there try the Blackspires yet?
    Responds to gravity

Say Car Ramrod!!
    Jan 2004
    i just got my sub4's today and initial impressions are they are the bees knees. retarded light and no place for mud to collect. will have to wait for ride review tho.
    [SIZE="5"]I wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself...[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Thought these might deserve a look...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Platform Pedal Shootout, the best flat is...-syntace_picture4906.jpg  

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    dark cycles Arachnids. Low profile, light, and grippy. Plus their design stands out among the rest.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    still like my transition stepdowns. 500-sumthin gs, 60 bux, indestructible for two years . . . great pin placement. not fnacy-boy thin, but can't have it all, I guess . . .

metrotuned WoS
    @albeant: Good find on the Syntace NUMBERNINE platform pedals. Interesting Syntace would join the market - they are known for their F99 stems weight weenie certified. However, the price is what?! 148 Euros = $220 USD. OK, so we're talking forged 7075, sealed bearings and 348g weight. But...get the F' out of here. The sloppy forged design makes them appear like some MKS Grip King commuter pedals made by Rivendell Bicycle Works. But those are 1/4 the buy in if that.

mtbr member
    superstar pedals with 7mm+ pins are by far the best pedals ive come across. plus cheap, and great selection of colours.

here is my modded superstar nano thru pins
    Quote Originally Posted by [Orge
    ]
    This problem could quite simply be solved if people would stop buying Konas.

lives to ride
    Feb 2005
    Those "pins" are way too long. Does your shoe even come in contact with the pedal?

Now with More Wood
    These new DMR's (the Vault) certainly look da bidniz:

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jasevr4
    Those "pins" are way too long. Does your shoe even come in contact with the pedal?
    well, granted they are screws. but at 6 quid for 50 verse 25 quid per pedal for 'official' pins there was no choice.

and no my shoe does not touch the pedal, its best that way as then mud does not build up and make the pins shorter, 6 months of running those pins and not a single pedal slip even in the wettest muddiest conditions on steep trails. just have to make sure you put your foot in the right place to start with
    Quote Originally Posted by [Orge
    ]
    This problem could quite simply be solved if people would stop buying Konas.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bxxer rider
    superstar pedals with 7mm+ pins are by far the best pedals ive come across. plus cheap, and great selection of colours.

Have the ER on standby with those things! I thought my tioga mx pedals were bad,

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by bxxer rider

I guess you haven't had your pedals stick to your shin yet... or some other body part..

brownpow! (?)
    My Kona Wah Wahs are toast, developing annoying spindle play. Only times I ever found myself lacking grip with those is bouncing down some pretty serious rockgardens at speed So....

Stickier??? Stronger??? Thinner???: Canfield Crampon or Point1 Podium. ??

Missouri sucks...
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by buddhak
    Anybody out there try the Blackspires yet?
    They're awesome The quality for the price is fantastic! I've had HTs, Azonics, Sun Ringles, etc. and there's none of the sharp edges, burs, cheap looking seals, etc. that the other pedals had. Also, the thru pins are a great setup. Been riding them for a few months and haven't lost, or even damaged a pin to the point that I can't easily get it out I'm extremely happy with them so far.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by monkei

Stickier??? Stronger??? Thinner???: Canfield Crampon or Point1 Podium. ??
    Cramponīs? Podiums?... I dunno, they are very good pedals, but they bend easily if you happen to hit stumps on the trail. Besides, i heard those pedals arenīt interchangeable from left to right so you canīt bring just one on your camelbak as a spare, youīll need to bring a pair which would be a PITA.

At the end they might be really nice pedals, though.... or maybe not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    ...es como acomodarte los calzones, seguro lo puede hacer alguien pero es mejor que lo haga uno mismo

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ritopc
    Cramponīs? Podiums?... I dunno, they are very good pedals, but they bend easily if you happen to hit stumps on the trail. Besides, i heard those pedals arenīt interchangeable from left to right so you canīt bring just one on your camelbak as a spare, youīll need to bring a pair which would be a PITA.

At the end they might be really nice pedals, though.... or maybe not.
    What pedals are interchangeable from left to right?

mtbr member
    I wondered that too, maybe he means the pedals only, and not the spindles? I've never carried a spare pedal though, so what do I know?

Perpetual Hack
    I do believe that was a reference to YoPawn and his escapades stump riding...

As for the Blackspire Sub-4. I have a set and so does a buddy. So far they are impressing me. The only thing is the platform seems a bit narrower. The weight is bang on 350grams for the pair. I also have a set of Dark Cycle Arachnids that I love. Bigger platform than the Blackspire, but also heavier at 440 grams.

michael

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mykel
    I do believe that was a reference to YoPawn and his escapades stump riding...

As for the Blackspire Sub-4. I have a set and so does a buddy. So far they are impressing me. The only thing is the platform seems a bit narrower. The weight is bang on 350grams for the pair. I also have a set of Dark Cycle Arachnids that I love. Bigger platform than the Blackspire, but also heavier at 440 grams.

michael
    Where did you get your sub-4's? I found some at goose creek cycles online for $85 shipped. Was gonna get them but have never ordered from them. They look great for the price.

http://store.goosecreekcycles.com/sh...rce=googlebase

Page 4 of 61 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 ... LastLast