Page 38 of 61 FirstFirst ... 28 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 48 ... LastLast
    meow, meow.
    Those QR pedals are mostly intended for folding bikes I think. Non-folding city bikes too can benefit: if you leave it U-locked in the street and take pedals with you, it's less attractive for thieves.
    26" faithful.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    I still like my Flybikes (metal) Ruben pedals even though they're not the flattest or widest.

You down with entropy?
    I ended up getting a set of Canfield crampon ultimates.
    They were great on my week in Moab. I swapped in the shorter pins but did not put lock-tite on them and ended up loosing most of them in the first 3 days.
    even with low pin count traction was fine. I now have a mix of the long and short pins until I go source replacements of a more reasonable length.

but comfortable and great traction, never slipped a pedal all week. This was with skate shoes and not something with super sticky rubber as well. Glad I got them, now I see another set for my wife's bike in the future.

mtbr member
    ^ nice. I think I wanna get me some now. What pedals were you using before?

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by illnacord View Post
    The problem with the e13 pedals is their butt-ugly and look like plastic. Plastic pedals are popular in BMX, inexpensive, and are typically replaced quite often. The e13 pedals do not have "replace often" pricing, thus I've never been interested in e13's pedal offerings.
    The e13's are aluminum, they only have composite outer plates, which are quite tough in mine and pinkbikes experiences. If they are damaged and need to be replaced, it's less than 30 bucks. Not a drop in the bucket I suppose, but definitely not expensive. If you have a chance to try some you wouldn't buy another pedal.

mtbr member
    Has anybody tried the Transition Stepdown pedals?
    Are they worth it?

mtbr member
    I gave in to the canfield crampon ultimates. I will report with the reviews after a few rides.

mtbr member
    I have crank bro's 50/50 and they I love them

NWS
    mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    HT AE01s are now on ebay for about $100 shipped. I received mine a couple days ago, and they look very nice. I probably won't be riding again until April or May though, so I can't give them a proper review until then.

Bi King 2013 HT AE01 MTB BMX Pedals Black 358G | eBay

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by drakche View Post
    Has anybody tried the Transition Stepdown pedals?
    Are they worth it?
    I've had a few sets of them. I used to ride them as a cheap pedal when I knew I was gonna thrash my pedals. They hold up really well in rocks but you pay for it in weight.

Look at the time!
    Quote Originally Posted by keepbalanced View Post
    I have crank bro's 50/50 and they I love them
    One of the few pedals out there that manages to be expensive, heavy AND weak. Ask my friend, this one snapped on a small jump. He ate it pretty hard.

Crankbrothers 50/50 by lelebebbel, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by J. Random Psycho View Post
    Those QR pedals are mostly intended for folding bikes I think. Non-folding city bikes too can benefit: if you leave it U-locked in the street and take pedals with you, it's less attractive for thieves.
    Lack of pedals = easier to fit in the back of the thieves' van
    wanted: Cannondale Lefty w/ V-brake studs

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Wonder about any crank bros products. My friend swears by them, but breaks spokes all the time on the CB wheels. I've seen the Cronolog stuck in the all-the -way-up- unridable position on the trail (poor guy! we were miles from the trailhead) I hear they have great customer service though.
    As far as flats, I like my Ezra's. Two reasons : Light/Affordable

mtbr member
    Canfield crampon ultimates
    best by far
    '12 Canfield One! - f\/ck yeah!
    '12 Canfield brothers Jedi F1 - so fast im back in time

mtbr member
    I just got the ultimates and while they provide excellent grip they feel small compared to my vaults. I've only had one ride on them and hopefully they grow on me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Platform Pedal Shootout, the best flat is...-imag0812.jpg  

metrotuned WoS
    I want to review the Crampon pedals (either the classic and/or the Ultimate) for this Platform Pedal Shootout thread. I have a set of SAINT pedals to trade, even. Holler.
    #willofthesun and author of the most viewed MTBR thread: Platform Pedal Shootout

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by illnacord View Post
    I want to review the Crampon pedals (either the classic and/or the Ultimate) for this Platform Pedal Shootout thread. I have a set of SAINT pedals to trade, even. Holler.
    You and me both, buddy!
    '14 Lenz Lunchbox
    '14 RIP 9
    '12 RIP 9
    '08 GF Ferrous 29
    '02 Trek 4300

mtbr member
    I'll sell mine for the right $$$. Message me. I'm gonna keep my vaults.

Can you do me a favor a measure the saints from pin to pin? Thanks!

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Does anyone have any info on when these Specialized flats will be available?

Or have they become vaporware?

mtbr member
    have these been mentioned here?

Syntace

anyone has them? any info on them?
    thanx!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by billysan View Post
    Does anyone have any info on when these Specialized flats will be available?

Or have they become vaporware?

This pedal is not for bikers with OCD.

They will try to line up all the square pins.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by drakche View Post
    This pedal is not for bikers with OCD.

They will try to line up all the square pins.
    What is that black piece in the middle of that Speshy pedal?

I like the amount of pin options on that NumberNine pedal, but the body shape with flared tips and lack of leading edge angle is not good for rock strikes. All pedals are going to take their share of strikes, but a shape like that is more likely to catch a rock rather than just take a blow and glance off it like these Spanks. Awesome All-Mountain pedals and still rock solid after numerous rock encounters. Only off the fun bike because a long XC ride over the weekend (yes time for new pins).

Last edited by trojans1993; 12-27-2012 at 08:27 AM.

meow, meow.
    As I recall, first generation of Syntance Number Nine pedals had forged bodies. The one above looks machined (maybe post-forging machined). But I'm not a fan of that shape either.

trojans1993,
    those pins look like they can handle some more (that is, I'd leave them be).
    26" faithful.

mtbr member
    have to agree on the flanges and the leading edges on Syntace pedals - although that really doesn't have to be that big of a problem, really.
    still - below 290 g mark, even with this shape and so much pins is just incredible.

three sizes and lightweight design tickled my imagination and am thinking what would they weight with the shape of.. let's say HT AE03's... Syntace has 15.4 mm in height and HT is only 11 mm, and HT's are 350 g. Syntace would than weight probably around lightest magnesium HT's which are around 220 g.

hope Syntace will see things the way I am and start making pedals like that.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    trojans 1993, that looks like a cover, or maybe even the retaining device for the end of the axle.
    It would be a way to keep the squeaking from happening, like some have found in other pedals.

Anyone know?

meow, meow.
    Kronk,
    this article may shed some light on it.

The patent pending part is the needle bearing sleeve. Held in place by two pins (one from either side), it serves as both part of the pedalís platform and the outer body of the bearings. It holds two sets of needle bearings, and the spindle slides into it. This allows them to keep the platform thinner without compromising strength. The center section of the flats is just 10mm thick, ramping to about 15mm at the ends.

Although I don't get the part about 2 sets of needle bearings..
    26" faithful.

Page 38 of 61 FirstFirst ... 28 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 48 ... LastLast