Page 37 of 59 FirstFirst ... 27 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 47 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    ^ how much was standard shipping? Quite the deal, i paid $150 for mine last week from crc.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Still satisfied with my point one podiums that I purchased in June 2010, they're just great.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by danglingmanhood View Post
    Still satisfied with my point one podiums that I purchased in June 2010, they're just great.
    Have you had the bearings replaced yet?

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I bought my pair of Podiums in August 2010. The platforms have taken some hits and look pretty beat up, but I haven't had one problem with the bearings. They spin a little easier after 2+ years, that's the only difference. Love those pedals. That's why I just bought a spare set - if the originals ever do blow out, I wouldn't want to be without them while I wait to fix them.

life on 2 wheels
    Apr 2012
    i like the ns aerial pedals. i have the loose ball just because i hate spending $120 on a pedal i end up regretting on buying. i was also happy with the atomlab gi pedals as it took a ford f250 to break them (literally).

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I already have a tendency to hit my chain stays with my heel, does anyone with the Staightline AMP have issues. Was thinking about getting them but since they sit closer to the crank I think it would be problematic for me.

I am a big hope fan and really am tempted on the F20's

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Picked up a set of crampon ultimates for my anthem x29 and have to say I am extremely impressed, not only with the pedal but with the customer service from the Canfield bros. Cannot recommend them highly enough!

Thanks guys!

life on 2 wheels
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay biker View Post
    I always have problems with my pedels .the ones I buy are the cheapest I have ever seen and after a month or two they break. The price of these non branded pedels is about $1.25
    i dont see any problem there. they are the best pedal to have on your bike that all it does is sit on the trainer. think about jumping off a curb breaks those.

buy some odyssey or some animal pc pedals. $20 and they do last. i have a pair of Hamiltons that has been to hell and back and they are going back on my park bike

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Okay, I just bought a set of the Crampon Ultimates. I emailed them with a couple questions and 20min later I had a response from Sean... and it's Sunday. Cant beat customer service like that!

Cant wait to get some rides before the snow comes with these bad boys. I'll post my impressions soon

mtbr member
    Maybe someone can answer this for me, I just got my old pair of Point1 Podiums back from Point1 from a warranty rebuild BUT they aren't too stiff to turn like when they were brand new. I ended up buying another raw pair from CRC, and those are much stiffer to turn, just the same as these were when they were brand new also. Shouldn't my old ones that I got back today also be stiff to turn easily with new bearings and rubber seals? What am I missing here?

meow, meow.
    Are all seals in place on the rebuilt ones?
    If yes, do they look different from those on CRC pair?
    Is axial play detectable on the rebuilt pair?

That was off the top of my head, I have not held Podiums in my hands and may be missing the po1nt.
    What tread pattern does it take to maintain grip on reality? Is a rubber queen enough?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Random Psycho View Post
    That was off the top of my head, I have not held Podiums in my hands and may be missing the po1nt.
    Haha, that's good.
    2012 Intense M9
    2012 Pivot Mach 5.7 Carbon
    2008 Look 595
    2007 Custom Litespeed Sewanee

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Random Psycho View Post
    Are all seals in place on the rebuilt ones?
    If yes, do they look different from those on CRC pair?
    Is axial play detectable on the rebuilt pair?

All there, no difference between the two at all. There's a seal in the pedal body along with a seal on the axle itself. Nothing's missing. Opened them both up. I have a feeling I was only replaced the broken bearing, not a full rebuild.

meow, meow.
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    I have a feeling I was only replaced the broken bearing, not a full rebuild.
    So it may be the worn (or just broken in) seals that don't drag as much as new ones, then.
    What tread pattern does it take to maintain grip on reality? Is a rubber queen enough?

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Spank Spike.. loving them after a couple months..

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack0207 View Post
    Picked up a set of crampon ultimates for my anthem x29 and have to say I am extremely impressed, not only with the pedal but with the customer service from the Canfield bros. Cannot recommend them highly enough!

Thanks guys!
    I am looking at these for my bike. I am looking for something comparable to my DMR Vaults and these lookg to be BIG pedals. Do you have a pic?

mtbr member
    Crampons on the DH rig and Spanks on the AM - extremely pleased with both of them, but the Canfield's are a freeking work of art in a class by themselves IMO.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Hi,
    Why should I think about replacing the standard pedals that's come with my Cube LTD Pro 2012?
    I got some V8 pedals as well with the deal but I have not installed them. I'm thinking the standard pedals are lighter (altho look smaller)

Do I need more surface contact to be more efficient or comfort or something?
    Sorry I'm new and this bike is my first proper mountain bike
    Cannondale Flash 1 Alloy (May 01 2013)
    Cube LTD Pro 2012 16" on it's way (Nov 25 2012 Ordered)

mtbr member

ride Downhill.

meow, meow.
    I've just installed another pair of AMPs, with chromoly spindles, on my Spank Spoon one2one. Also used Superstar aluminum pins in an attempt to reduce sole wear. Installed with Locitie 222 (the weakest), pedal washers (cranks are Truvativ AKA) and black (thin) axial preload washers.

Muscleflex,
    looks like stock pedals on Cube LTD Pro 2012 are just placeholders, typical narrow caged jobbies. You are expected to only use them for test fitting and parking lot test ride.

However a surprising amount of first-time MTBers leave those pedals for extended amounts of time, years in some cases. I have to confess that I rode them for 5 weeks on my first MTB before going clipless (used clipless for some 3 years, then acquired a taste for real flats. Still prefer platforms on the small side of spectrum though, so that there is only one distinctly correct and easily felt foot placement, not unlike clipless).

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Muscleflex View Post
    Do I need more surface contact to be more efficient or comfort or something?
    Most new model flat pedals should be big enough, the amount (and size) of pins in the pedal will determine how sticky your foot will be when riding. Not everyone likes too much stick because it makes slight foot adjustments too hard without having to lift your foot while others don't want any movement unless they lift their foot so you will see pin #s from 6 to 16.

Personally I like a lot of stick so go for flats with 10+ pins but it's a matter of preference. Remember you can always take pins out but can't add any more than what they came with.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    This has become the whoever-has-the-thinnest-pedal-has-the-best-pedal thread. You want to the best pedal with the most grip? E13 lg1. You want more grip? Install the 7mm pins included in the box. Best part, when they look trashed you can get the replacement composite covers and BAM brand new pedals. Igus bushings, thin by yesterday's standards. There is none better. /thread

e*13 LG1+ pedal - Tested - Pinkbike

meow, meow.
    Saints are no better than e13?

mtbr member
    They are nearly half the price.

metrotuned WoS

Good job! Platform Pedals trending towards thinner platforms. QR option...

csermonet: The trend is to make a pedal thinner but just as strong. The trend is the same with bikes in terms of lightness. There's always a compromise (tiny platforms = tiny bearings -or- replace bearings with DU bushings which wear out fast). The problem with the e13 pedals is their butt-ugly and look like plastic. Plastic pedals are popular in BMX, inexpensive, and are typically replaced quite often. The e13 pedals do not have "replace often" pricing, thus I've never been interested in e13's pedal offerings.

Who's tried these pedals by Xpedo "Traverse 5 QRD" - they're quick release and light but there isn't much "platform". I was always curious about the pressure points these kinds of pedals create - not the lack of grip - like track pedals for the street with the "quill" style that put a lot of pressure onto two ridges on your shoe sole - e.g. foot cramping. 300g, $80 usd.

p.s. Did White Industries release a QR style crankset recently that allows switching from clipless to platform pedals.

Xpedo "Traverse 5 QRD" Pedal stock photo below:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 37 of 59 FirstFirst ... 27 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 47 ... LastLast