mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kubikeman
    Azonic 420

Extruded body
    CNC machined
    DU/sealed bearings
    W33 & V9 Pins
    Weight: 430g with pins (pair)

I bought these last year, mostly because I had good luck with their A-Frame pedal, so I thought I would give these a try ( and they match my Outlaw rims ). I'm impressed. The bearings spin smooth as the day I installed them. No play, no slip, nice wide platform pedal and they take a ton of abuse. And only $75 on Pricepoint currently.
    I used these for a while until I rode my buds bike with Deity Decoys on it... Mucho better grip on the Deities. I now ride Deities.

Now with More Wood
    Quote Originally Posted by frorider
    in add'n to older, thick pedals (tioga etc), I own 3 pairs of modern pedals i.e. thin profile: point1 podiums, kona wah wahs, and cromo spindle prerunners.

all 3 are good pedals; all are quite different, with pros/cons.

- the wah-wah has a big ass platform, great for big feet, and feels amazingly secure with stealth and non-stealth rubber shoes. the weight is heavier than some of the blingy options. durability (bushing, and pedal body) has been good...mine have been hammered for 2 years now. and the price is right. the big platform size means that sometimes (rare) i get a rock strike i'm not expecting e.g. when rising forward to crank on a flat section, or other situations when the pedal is not horizontal.

- the podium has a very thin cross section w/ no pins under the ball of foot area. Combined with the overall shape, and beveled edges, i almost never hit the rocks with these pedals. Manages to be relatively light and super tough. I think these will last a very long time. However, I don't like these pedals with non-stealth soles; not enough grip. Also, the very pronounced hump on the alu body near the spindle base means you can't position your foot in close to the crank arm. On my DH bike, that's a non-issue, but on my AM bike that gets pedalled up long-ass climbs, i much prefer to have my feet a little closer together.

- the cromo twenty6 prerunner is a good all-round pedal. pins get mangled pretty easily. it doesn't have the thin feel of the podiums, but it does have more pins and more grip. and for a FR bike that gets pedalled uphill, these pedals are nice since you can position your foot anywhere on the pedal -- no hump. i didn't mind paying $160 for mine, but the regular retail price is kinda high for a part that you know will get beaten on. Have heard bad things about the Ti version from local riders.

so bottom line for me is that the Podium is my favorite DH pedal, the Prerunner is my favorite AM/FR pedal, and the Kona is a great all-round pedal that I'll continue to use, and will recommend to anyone looking for a good pedal under $100.
    Actually, based on reading your own review, the Wah-wah's are the best.

Seriously - the point about the 2 pins under the ball of the foot, I think this is a small little difference that gets overlooked. Yes, this body is basically a catalogue part used by many others - BUT - I think only Kona adds the 2 pins in the middle. Don't know how big a difference this makes, but I do know that I like my Wah-wah's.

mtbr member
    More bling please!

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Update: I didn't order the Blackspire Sub4. I went with Fly Ruben PC Pedals, 350gr. $15

If I destroy them on a stair or park bench, throw away and buy another set.. Done..

metrotuned WoS
    SofaKingHigh: Sweet! Wow, great build, and then the $15 pedals. I wondered what was going on with my riding crew switching to JCPC pedals (the ones sandwiched together without bearings) on their full suspension rigs. Do you have a height? I imagine those plastic pedals are a lot thicker than typical alloys since they need to add more material for strength (fiberglass polycarbonate plastic).
    #willofthesun and author of the most viewed MTBR thread: Platform Pedal Shootout

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by illnacord
    SofaKingHigh: Sweet! Wow, great build, and then the $15 pedals. I wondered what was going on with my riding crew switching to JCPC pedals (the ones sandwiched together without bearings) on their full suspension rigs. Do you have a height? I imagine those plastic pedals are a lot thicker than typical alloys since they need to add more material for strength (fiberglass polycarbonate plastic).
    17mm

metrotuned WoS

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! More platform pedals

Top to bottom:

- Straitline JC Platform Pedals
    - Atomlab Pimplite Pedals
    - Macneil pedals (copied the Atomlab Pimp pedals)
    - Twenty6 Prerunner 2010 urban camo
    - Eclat pedals
    - Fly Bikes Ruben plastic "graphite" pc pedals

... still undecided. But I think the consumer has a good number of choices ... hmmm.
    #willofthesun and author of the most viewed MTBR thread: Platform Pedal Shootout

metrotuned WoS

Hope wellgo goes after well, blackspire design

p.s. Did wellgo make the blackspire "made in canada" design or did they change the design 20% by flipping around elements like a lego play kit?

Platform Pedal Shootout, the best flat is...-wellgo-b131.jpg

metrotuned WoS

We the people ... Review Oct '10

Platform Pedal Shootout, the best flat is...-platform-pedal-test-results.jpg

metrotuned WoS

Hope Wellgo MG-1: bang for the buck

Wellgo MG-1: bang for the buck contender (why one would buy plastic test pedals over the MG1's as they're the same price point?) Similar to the Tioga MX Comp pedals, except the Wellgo's come in white silver purple and have titanium axle upgrades prevalently available.

Dat Piff:
    Platform Pedal Shootout, the best flat is...-wellgo_mg1.jpg

metrotuned WoS

Point1 Racing Podium Platform Flat Pedals 372g

Point1 Podium pedals shipping tomorrow!

Sourced via All Mountain Next, mtbr vikingboy, dark horse racing:

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bighitboy
    Throw the wellgo MG-1s in there

375 grams,

Super bite,

1 season per set ( i ride a ton), @ 40 a pair, they are replaceable (like any pedal)

Best light weight pedal of the entire market, I have years with the model ask anyone!

wow, where are you finding these for $40 a pair? I've been shopping around and can't find them for that much.
    Does that include tax and shipping, too?
    Thanks.

metrotuned WoS
    mowerman: eslay is your friend. I'm finding them for sub-$30 shipped. At that price, it blows away any disposable type BMX pedal like the Ruben, Odyssey, Demo PC, etc.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    good review

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by illnacord
    mowerman: eslay is your friend. I'm finding them for sub-$30 shipped. At that price, it blows away any disposable type BMX pedal like the Ruben, Odyssey, Demo PC, etc.
    Yea, but with ep pricing I can get 5 pairs of disposable BMX pedals to your one. (Errr. just being a smarta$$)

metrotuned WoS
    sofakinghigh, true! The guys on my weekly ride roll those JCPC pedals which are plastic and bearingless, with the gold screw nut hardware and plastic bodies but I think their retail is $50?! Most of the BMX plastic pedals are $15 but some of the more brand name pro models are $30+. Every time I think of them though, I keep seeing the plastic test pedals (the ones with orange reflectors) that come on all bikes from the LBS.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    I have a set of wah wahs. Love the shape and size and feel. Not too stoked on the small pins. Don't get me wrong the grip is more than adequate, I think I prefer the feel over larger pins, but they get bashed out really quick. The threads are so small / fine pitch / not deep and there is not much holding them into the pedal body.

Still a good pedal but my next set will be Straitline or Point One.

Speaking of flats. I was on a xc ride a while back where everyone had clipless except for myself. No big deal, that is common. We were geeking out about bike parts on a break until it came to pedals and the common response was "why would anyone spend more than $5 on flat pedals"... I tried to explain but quickly gave up.

mtbr member
    I just picked up a Turner Rail w/ Kona's. Think they're wah-wah's, but may be older. Like 'em fine but can't say I notice a big difference from my $15 Shadow's on the Hard Rock. Kinda like running shoes, if I don't notice them, no problem! Diggin the looks of those profile's ilna's getting, but the $$$, ouch!!! That said, it's obviously one killer machining job...

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    currently have transition stepdowns ans wellgo mg1s. Had been really happy with the stepdowns on my am ride, but decided to go cheaper for a set for the dh rig. just don't really like the mg1s. pins are too short (which can be fixed with new pins, true) but the platform is just too small for my liking, and my feet aren't that big (10 1/2). For 50 bux, transtions have stood up to a lot of bashing and are good n sticky. Another pair is on order now--anyone want some lightly used mg1s?

mtbr member
    Sep 2010

No one likes Answer Rove Pedals?

Why not?

metrotuned WoS
    joeschmoe: considering the Answer Rove pedal is yet another of the dozens upon dozens of rehashed/re-branded HT pedals...if you buy something because choosing a color is considered "custom" then...

mtbr member
    i just saw sone knockoff pedals on ebay. DIXI is the name. looks like copies of the straitlines and crampons

ive been rocking some HT AX08s for about 6 mos and no issues. they are a little small and ive gotten a few foot cramps on techy descents though.

mtbr member
    Happened upon a review of those Podium's where the reviewer would have liked more pegs in the center axle area. Looks like the second photo posted shows a good setup with those longer inside pegs (they're a different color too). Might bear remembering...

mtbr member
    I have used the Podium pedals for a season and love them. They do not have a weak area with the exception of price. My feet just stick to these pedals like glue, they lessen the amount of pedal rock strikes and have held up to many hours of harsh Platty, Diablo, Mt Snow DHing. I do not regret this purchase thats for sure.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by blue109
    i just saw sone knockoff pedals on ebay. DIXI is the name. looks like copies of the straitlines and crampons
    Their pedals look great and are cheap anybody have them?

Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 ... LastLast