Page 12 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 62 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by illnacord View Post

Hutch BMX bear trap type pedals
    Attachment 615999
    I've been riding this style peddle all my life.....my current pair just died...now moving on to one of the thinner platform peddles discused here...I'll post back my findings when i get a pair....and some pics of my tired old rig..lol

metrotuned WoS

We the people ... Platform Pedals from Tioga and Syntace

ducj: good find on the Tioga's, thanks. Those are so ugly with the bearing assembly. Why not just crampons?

morandi: sweet find on the Syntace's, thanks! But for $280 USD, wow!? Specs of function and looks are much like the competition for thin platform pedals. Lots of pins for grip, that's for sure.

Syntace Numbernine 16mm platform pedals 348g weight:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Platform Pedal Shootout, the best flat is...-syntace-numbernine-16mm-348g.jpg  

#willofthesun and author of the most viewed MTBR thread: Platform Pedal Shootout

Stand back
    I still want to try a pair of crampons, but after just a little cruising around on my Point 1 Podiums, I prefer the feel of their platforms to the prerunners. I never compared them side by side, but the Podiums are definitely easier place my foot. With the prerunners, I had a tendency to stand too close to the crankarm, as there's not enough of a pronounced hump there.
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Premium BMX pedal:
    Thin, Light(318g), Cheap(about$30), Wide Platform, Grippy Surface,
    CNC spindle, 2 Bearings, 1 Bushing per pedal
    Best Part: Replaceable Pedal Bodies for $8 a pair
    Last edited by bikeguy27; 11-07-2011 at 01:15 PM. Reason: add info

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Premium BMX Pedal:

Committed
    Re the premium bmx pedal, they are not that thin and lack grip. Not very usefull to the MTB world, fine on the bmx track/ dirt jumps.

The HTs are my first choice, but you can't go wrong with the Point Ones either. The new (2nd gen) Canfield Crampons look promising.

metrotuned WoS

Loaded platform flat pedal aka HT Rebrand again

Hope to find someone posting review or photos of the 2nd generation Crampons. HT has been hitting hard here in the Bay Area thanks to Encina Bicycles and RideSFO. See the coverage of the SF Bike Expo that went down last weekend with the AT Showdown DJ comp. Another HT pedal re-brand appears from lurking (source: MTBR SF Bike Expo Coverage)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Platform Pedal Shootout, the best flat is...-loaded-pedal.jpg  

#willofthesun and author of the most viewed MTBR thread: Platform Pedal Shootout

metrotuned WoS
    Superrippah from Brave. Looks like the Superstar pedal, yes?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Hope to find someone posting review or photos of the 2nd generation Crampons.
    I think the only difference between the V1 and V2 Crampon is that for V2 the pins near the spindles were removed and are replaced by small bumps.
    These were purchased in late July of 2011 so I think they are the V2 versions.
    So far I really like the thinness of the pedals except that for me, they squeak(from the shoe rubbing on the spindle) after pedaling for a while and it drives me nuts when I"m riding where its a 40+ minute grind up hill and the pedals are going squeak squeak squeak the whole way. Re-positioning my feet some times will get rid of the noise for a while but comes back eventually and I have to move my feet again. I'm using all long pins with 5.10 spitfire shoes. My crampons with long pins weighs about 194 grams per pedal

Also got a pair of HT components MN-01 which is the same design(and most likely all manufactured by HT) as Superstar Nano, original Deity Decoy, Nukeproof Neutron but in Magnesium body/CroMo spindle. The MN-01 weigh 180 grams per pedal. You can get titainum spindles from superstar to get the weight down to about 150 grams per pedal.

Here is a shot of Crampons|HT MN-01|Wellgo MG-1 for thickness comparison.

Also just pre-ordered a pair of Da bomb bare bone pedals(similar to HT AE-01) from CRC. Will update again when I actually get them.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Awesome thread, definitely appreciate all the feedback here.

Superstar CNC Nano Tech Flats after 2 weeks (click for link)

[edit]
    Sorry for ginormous pic, was resized on the site I pulled it from.

[edit2]
    I haven't seen these posted yet: FireEye.

Click pics for link.

635g! ChainReactionCycles.com says $141.30

340g (ChainReactionCycles.com says $327.22!

410g ChainReactionCycles.com says $163.61

485g ChainReactionCycles.com says $96.67

495g ChainReactionCycles.com says $104.10
    Last edited by PiranhaFisher; 12-04-2011 at 03:11 AM.
    If anyone has or knows of a 15.5" blue 2009 Gary Fisher Mamba for sale, please let me know.

mtbr member
    ^ Nice colors at least lol.
    Last edited by eurospek; 12-09-2011 at 02:46 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by good4nothing View Post
    ^ poorly executed canfield rip-off much? also, no spindle through the body?
    you don't know what you're talking about. and come off sounding like a jackass.

I have canfield pedals. I love them. If they die, I'll buy a new set. They're 2 years old and going strong. But they were hardly the first thin pedal out there. The first ones I heard of were the flypapers. Which looked alot like the ones by VP that you were bashing. Except they used a bigger bearing, that fit in on both sides if the crank, and needed a custom drilled crank that nobody wanted (I think it was a gravity crank? don't totally remember). They were b1tching, aside from needing a custom super heavy hunk of junk crank. Nobody bought them because the price tag on them was like 370 dollars, + Crank (that nobody wanted to run).

The problem was, in order to run a pedal without an axle, so to speak, you need to massively reinforce the bearings and its still best to run it with two bearing sets. The Flypapers got around that by having bearings mounted on both sides of the crank. But, like mentioned nobody in their right mind wanted to run a set of gravity GAP cranks.

Then the CF bros realized that the thin pedal idea was awesome, but people wanted to run std cranks. So they thinned up the pedal, shaped it like a pringle, slapped an exposed tapered axle, and called it a day. It is a great pedal design. But they weren't the first wafer thin pedals. And these VP's look alot thinner.

I'm curious to see how the VP's handle. I guess they use a double bearing right next to the crank that is super short, and oversized the fyck out of it. I'm interested to see if people break them left and right. If they hold up, I'll probably buy a set.

mtbr member
    New Canfield prototype? Top secret too.

Spoke(n): Humpbike-A Utah trained Jedi

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    New Canfield prototype? Top secret too.

Spoke(n): Humpbike-A Utah trained Jedi

Been on these pedals since Dec. and as soon as available, all of my riding buddies are going to be getting pairs as well as me for my other bikes. I held off on the older style because of the outer hump but am sold on the thin and have nothing but good to say about the functionality of these. They are working on production details and dates but weights sounding like they will be very sweet/favorable numbers. A decent amount lighter than the Point 1 pedal.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Another HT pedal re-brand appears from lurking (source: MTBR SF Bike Expo Coverage)

Do you know which model # HT pedal this is?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by aenema View Post
    Been on these pedals since Dec. and as soon as available, all of my riding buddies are going to be getting pairs as well as me for my other bikes. I held off on the older style because of the outer hump but am sold on the thin and have nothing but good to say about the functionality of these. They are working on production details and dates but weights sounding like they will be very sweet/favorable numbers. A decent amount lighter than the Point 1 pedal.

Nice pedlas, do you have some more pics? And how thin are they?

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by V.P. View Post
    do you have some more pics?
    If I got the blessing of the Canfield Brothers, I would gladly share all the photos I have or take any you requested. Part of the deal when I got them was to keep it quiet until they had an official release. I can tell you that they are really that thin and have no bulge. Grip and weight is fantastic, I can never be satisfied with a standard thickness pedal again.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    ...Part of the deal when I got them was to keep it quiet until they had an official release...
    So do you have to give them back now that you let the cat out of the bag?

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy_Metal View Post
    So do you have to give them back now that you let the cat out of the bag?
    I didn't post the pictures, just commented on how awesome they are. I am like a viral marketeer of sorts really, picture a less gay swashbuckle looking guy than Johnny Depp
    s character. Plus, the Canfields better be prepared for a struggle (or at least see a grown man cry) if they want them back.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I didn't post the pictures, just commented on how awesome they are...
    I stand corrected, pardon me.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011

Atomlab G.I. & DMR pins

So... does anyone know if I can fit the dmr pins into the atomlab g.i. pedals?

They have short pins and want to change them into something longer

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Love my Sunline V-One pedals!

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by PiranhaFisher View Post
    Awesome thread, definitely appreciate all the feedback here.

Superstar CNC Nano Tech Flats after 2 weeks (click for link)

[edit]
    Sorry for ginormous pic, was resized on the site I pulled it from.

[edit2]
    I haven't seen these posted yet: FireEye.

Click pics for link.

635g! ChainReactionCycles.com says $141.30

340g (ChainReactionCycles.com says $327.22!

410g ChainReactionCycles.com says $163.61

485g ChainReactionCycles.com says $96.67

495g ChainReactionCycles.com says $104.10
    Damn these are the ugliest pedals Ive ever seen!

Canfield's pedals are the best hands down!!!

mtbr member
    Anyone interested? Selling some Podiums brand new in box.

PAID SPAM: BNIB Point 1 One Racing Podium pedals, raw finish

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey07 View Post
    Damn these are the ugliest pedals Ive ever seen!

Canfield's pedals are the best hands down!!!
    lol, I agree. I've never riden Canfield's though. I think I'm just going to get the SpeedPlay Drillium's and call it day.
    If anyone has or knows of a 15.5" blue 2009 Gary Fisher Mamba for sale, please let me know.

Page 12 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 62 ... LastLast