mtbr member

Pictures Of My Bike. What Do You Think?

Will get some action shots up soon. What do you think of her?

I could gap that.
    Jul 2008
    Looks awesome, grats man! Will it be alright with out a chain guide?
    Demo 8
    P1
    http://www.chainsmokeracing.net/
    Sponsors: Twenty6, ODI, Elka, Crank Bros, Sixsixone, Azonic, Specialized

Wait for me!
    Saweet, I want a Morewood way bad

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by specializedbeta18
    Looks awesome, grats man! Will it be alright with out a chain guide?
    I rode it at the ski slopes for a day and it didn't come off once, the front derailleur seemed to hold it on. I have the inner and 2nd ring on, kept the granny gear for climbing since this is my do it all bike. I did rock gardens and fast runs all day and it stayed on perfectly. We will see.

Meh.
    So... all the fuss about keeping the Domain and finding a frame with a 1.5 headtube... and you install a Travis triple with a 1 1/8 steer tube anyways.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    So... all the fuss about keeping the Domain and finding a frame with a 1.5 headtube... and you install a Travis triple with a 1 1/8 steer tube anyways.
    Yup, sh1ttt is funny how it turns out in the end right? I learned from my mistakes as does everyone

Meh.
    Why did you replace the Domain? It would've taken 20 bucks and 20 minutes to fix what you broke.

mtbr member
    Why did you replace the Domain? It would've taken 20 bucks and 20 minutes to fix what you broke.
    The threads of the lowers where the shaft bolt was got stripped out... Broken shaft bolt and stripped lowers = 20 dollar fix? Please enlighten me

moaaar shimz
    It's called a helicoil and it would have costed less than 20 bucks.

mtbr member
    Nice, the morewood looks like a super clean build.

Meh.
    The lowers have no threads. Duh. And I said this in your other thread too.

The shaft wasn't broken... only the bolt... because you tried to turn the bolt rather than the 2mm rebound.

Send the fork to me. If I can't fix it for less than 20 bucks in parts, I'll pay for it. If I can... you let me keep the fork.

mtbr member
    The lowers have no threads. Duh. And I said this in your other thread too.
    Sorry man, other people in that thread told me that it had threads and I stripped them...

bearded
    Dude.......Listen to will. Easy out that bolt and replace that stuff.
    BLKMRKT

Meh.
    The video that YOU found tells you to hit the bolt while it's partially unthreaded to unseat the shaft from the lowers. If the lowers are threaded, that would destroy the threads. Use some common sense.

ONE person told you the threads in the lowers stripped. They are obviously wrong.

Seeeriously easy Livin
    Bout time you got it together, looks like I missed your domain issue thread, at least give the travis a try, you might like it.

mtbr member
    The video that YOU found tells you to hit the bolt while it's partially unthreaded to unseat the shaft from the lowers. If the lowers are threaded, that would destroy the threads. Use some common sense.

ONE person told you the threads in the lowers stripped. They are obviously wrong.
    Will is spot on in this, if the lowers where threaded, when you smack the bolt with a hammer to dislodge the lowers, it would snap em. Honestly, for $20 or there about, heck even if its 50, you can repair the Domain, and have a spare fork, or you can sell it and get some cash for some new parts

Jul 2009
    i like it.
    looks like it needs a single crown though

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jpculp
    looks like it needs a single crown though
    Why do you say that, I actually like the dual crown ?

Glad to Be Alive
    congrats ...looks great
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

sympathy for society
    Nice man! Congrats on building up a pretty sick little bike! Well not really little, but you get my point! Got to give us a ride report.

Ohh and dude,... you have got to learn, and I am sure you will, that there are a few people on this forum that do not try to f*ck with people and genuinely want to help. These guys have a wealth of knowledge and have no problem sharing it with you, hell even guiding you through it. XSL_Will and Nick_M2R are an example of the guys I am talking about. There are many others, but these two are right here in your thread, offering advice.

I say contact Will via PMs, ask nicely if he can explaing how to fix your Domain, then fix that sum bytch. It sounds easy and can either grant you a back-up fork or net you some cash for parts. Don't be so stubborn, don't be afraid to ask for advice, and don't feel bad for looking for a second opinion. Never listen to just one person on these forums, it can get you in trouble.
    "We can always find excuses if we want to find them, but if we really want to do something, we have to just go."