Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    They're jealous and who cares what others think.

DownhillBAWS
    I'm 17. They r all juniors and Senior

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    so basically you're an idiot who cares what others think? Dude seriously, If I had a dime for the amount of times people yelled at me for skateboarding or tried to mock DH i'd be a rich man, and if I entertained every other one of them i'd have no time to ride.

It's pretty simple, let those morons do what they think. Just ride your bike and be happy you found something that transcends activity and goes far beyond that.

banned
    Aug 2012
    ^^^ No need to be name calling !!!

Jake,
    You need to learn to let it go, or develop a slam them attitude, via select word choice that makes them feel stupid

Has it occurred to you that these people might say this if you were into another sport ? ... Like, perhaps, underwater basket weaving.

More than likely, they're doing this to get you (psychologically), and you're falling for the trap.

Learn to ignore, or learn to get the upper-hand via one well placed sentence

Perhaps,
    "You're right ... But the girls I know, aren't into immature wanna-be's who only offer insults" ... Then ride away ... Would suffice.
    Although, that is also part of their game.

But hey,
    I'm only 50 ... What do I know

mtbr member
    just smile and let it go. in a year or 2 when ever it is you graduate none of it will matter.
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Straight8
    '01Rocket88< ran over it.. always do a full walk around!
    '00 Homegrown

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    ok so this looked like as good a place as any to post this. Last Thursday I wrecked pretty hard and cut my liver ever since i have been thinking of stopping DH and going to road bike or somthing that isnt as dangerous any advice?

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    do whatever you want dude. If your over DH, end it. If your not keep riding. I tore 3 ligaments in my knee, fractured my tibia, tore my meniscus and tore my patella tendon. It sucks, but that **** isnt stopping me, i count everyday until I can pin freight train again.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    well my issue is that i started maybe 6 months ago and i have already fractured 3 ribs my foot and my wrist seperated my shoulder and now cut my liver im just thinking its not for me

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    what are we gonna do? Tell you otherwise? I mean really. You got hurt, sucks but all of us go through it, im 38, and none of my injuries are gonna make me hang it up.

Injury is part of this, if you can't or don't want to deal with it, it sounds like you already have your answer.

mtbr member
    i started maybe 6 months ago and i have already fractured 3 ribs my foot and my wrist seperated my shoulder and now cut my liver im just thinking its not for me
    sounds like you are trying WAY to hard... heal up, take about 10steps back and take the time to develop your skills Verses trying to force them and do more then what you capable of. and don't let the fear beat you .
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Straight8
    '00 Homegrown

mtbr member
    There are people who say that? I'm guessing they've never done any downhill...
    "Got everything you need?"

banned
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by shwinn8 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by assault44 View Post
    I started maybe 6 months ago and i have already fractured 3 ribs my foot and my wrist seperated my shoulder and now cut my liver im just thinking its not for me
    sounds like you are trying WAY to hard... heal up, take about 10steps back and take the time to develop your skills Verses trying to force them and do more then what you capable of. and don't let the fear beat you .
    Or,
    Switch to street downhiil.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Thanks you were alot more help than the other guy it almost sounded like i offended him in some way. But thanks im going to heal and try to go alot easier and if i still think its not for me ill trade in my DH bike for a road bike.

mtbr member
    yeah, those pesky letters on the computer screen can't show tone of voice that's behind them
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Straight8
    '00 Homegrown

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    But yeah being 17 and the first biking sport ive done i dont want to give it up i also dont want to get hurt. And Yeah you can never tell the tone. lol it was just the way it was put i guess

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Help? You're asking me what you should do with your life. You should do what makes you happiest, free-ist and healthiest. None of us have your best interest at heart, we all ride and love it.

My guess is if you've been doing this for 6 months and have blown yourself apart already you might be a hazard to all of us on the trails. My guess is your the guy who rides like a pro but with none of the smarts or skills.

Try riding at your level and not mine or someone elses. But most importantly do whatever the hell makes you happy.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Yeah i know i need to ride at my own level. And i think that means i need to stop riding with friends because they are always telling me to do stuff im not comfortable with. And i just do it Idk why i just do

mtbr member
    i think he was asking everyone, not you specifically blackohio. i would come up with something sarcastic in regards to your age but i'm to exhausted from biking earlier
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Straight8
    '00 Homegrown

mtbr member
    when i started dh'ing at about the same age(16/17) i didn't throw my body down the 1st black diamond trail as fast as i could. i took it slow and did what i was comfortable and confident enough to do. if it's not for you it's not for you... try not to base that decision on broken bones and a bruised ego
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Straight8
    '00 Homegrown

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    i think he was asking everyone, not you specifically blackohio. i would come up with something sarcastic in regards to your age but i'm to exhausted from biking earlier
    I quite understand how forums work, thanks. Whether he was asking everyone or not I replied as if he was.

If he can't stop himself from doing stupid things because his friends tell him to maybe he should quit. Last thing I want is a fun trail closed because kid has to eat blended fruit from a straw because he couldnt tell his posse of morons no.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    well im fairly good on trails i get hurt on drops and jumps im actually really comfortable on trails

mtbr member
    can you show me were he said his friends pressured him into doing things he wasn't ready for?
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Straight8
    '00 Homegrown

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by assault44 View Post
    And i think that means i need to stop riding with friends because they are always telling me to do stuff im not comfortable with. And i just do it Idk why i just do
    right here.

mtbr member
    what bike do you have?
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Straight8
    '00 Homegrown

mtbr member
    copy
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Straight8
    '00 Homegrown

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast