mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Pedals V12 alternatives

Hi, love my V12s awesome grip on 5.10s - but fnacy something with a lower profile for rock dodging...
    A few suggestions please, only those lighter than V12s though (536g) no Magnesium nonsense...

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Have tried the Tioga Surefoot MX Pro
    And they were just the bomb!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    id look at that the new po1nt pedals. should be ready soon, and they look super sick...

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Deity Decoys... 430 grams

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    A little pricey, but super sweet and lots of colors, Twenty6 Products Rallye.
    339g, 11.95 oz (ti axle) around $260
    408g, 14.39 oz (cromoly axle) around $170

mtbr member
    HT pedals. It's the same as nuke proof and diety pedals but a bit cheaper (at least around here). Look threw their offer.
    www.totalbikes.pl - Bike Camps not only in Poland

Now with More Wood
    I just ordered the replacement for my v12s...wanted a bit bigger platform, and lower profile. Went with the Kona Wah Wah's...they have excellent feel on the bike. I can't comment on longevity issues, haven't run them long enough (and it will have to wait, just busted my leg, big time...). However, I can't imagine anything STRONGER than a v12...damn well indestructible those pedals...

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    The Konas are the same as the Deitys and several other brands, just different paint jobs and logos. Nice pedals though. Personally I like the look of the Deitys.

Now with More Wood
    Quote Originally Posted by godfather
    The Konas are the same as the Deitys and several other brands, just different paint jobs and logos. Nice pedals though. Personally I like the look of the Deitys.
    DAMMIT! So they are...I wish I would have done a bit more research before pulling the trigger...the Deity's do indeed look way cooler, and would have matched my white on black new bike theme brilliantly. I rode the Kona's and loved them, so I figured no point in even checking anything else out (you'll always get 50 suggestions for pedals anyway...), but in this case I wish I had....

Oh well at least it's still a good pedal.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Iceman,
    You could have done worse. At least you have a pedal that you know you like!

mtbr member
    Another vote for the Kona Wah Wah's!
    You will not be disappointed, ive beaten the crap outta mine for over a year and not one problem with them

Meh.
    There are slight differences between the Kona and the Deity. The pins on the Deity screw in from the top. This makes them lighter, and removing pins is less likely to damage the thread. I think the bearings/bushings might be a bit different as well.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    There are slight differences between the Kona and the Deity. The pins on the Deity screw in from the top. This makes them lighter, and removing pins is less likely to damage the thread. I think the bearings/bushings might be a bit different as well.

+1... Decoys and Wah Wahs are not the same. They are just similar. Just ordered Decoys myself on Sunday. Im excited to get them, but I cant use them until I get a new wheelset ordered. Right now Im stuck on the Outlaw vs Revolution debate... lol leaning toward Outlaws though

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

nuke proof

Any one have any experience with the N P neutron or proton mag ti's?

Ideas Above My Station...
    Quote Originally Posted by blkss
    Deity Decoys... 430 grams
    Best move i ever made was changing my V12 mags for Diety Decoys. They are awesome pedals.
    Its All Downhill From Here....!

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange-Goblin
    Best move i ever made was changing my V12 mags for Diety Decoys. They are awesome pedals.

yep yep! mine came in the mail yesterday. cant wait to ride on them, but its been raining down here pretty much nonstop for the last week. think we had 1 day with no rain. : (
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    The Kona Wah Wahs should have a bit more grip as well because they have pins in the middle along the axle... Don't know how much of a difference it makes, but I'm sure it helps. This is also where some of the extra weight comes from... My Wah Wahs have held up to Northstar pretty well, they are tough.

Grinder
    Quote Originally Posted by blkss
    yep yep! mine came in the mail yesterday. cant wait to ride on them, but its been raining down here pretty much nonstop for the last week. think we had 1 day with no rain. : (
    lol maybe if you had got brown pedals you wouldnt be affraid to ride in the mud bwahahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by a stoned guy with a beer in his hand eyeballing your sisters bike
    "i fit my bike to fit me;not for looks...nice did you buy that bike from jc whitney?" Stoner Island 1984

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by nogod
    lol maybe if you had got brown pedals you wouldnt be affraid to ride in the mud bwahahaha

Im not "afraid" to ride in the mud... we just dont ride in the mud on our trails around here because it ruins our trails and makes ridiculous ruts. our dirt doesnt suck up the water and create a tacky trail like some places. sux, but its probably gonna be needing a couple of sunny 100 degree days before theres even a chance of riding. brown pedals=

Grinder
    sorry just joking! your right brown pedals would look shitty
    Quote Originally Posted by a stoned guy with a beer in his hand eyeballing your sisters bike
    "i fit my bike to fit me;not for looks...nice did you buy that bike from jc whitney?" Stoner Island 1984

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    i figured you were joking... just that this weather friggin ticks me off! lol... especially now that I have new pedals and wanted to try them out. oh well, I need to go out and do some more work on a step up anyway and these conditions present some nice wet dirt to pack in.

Grinder
    i here ya. my trails dont really rut up in rain but, its monsoon season so were talking really bad rain and lightning. but even if i did want to i cant cause i took both my rides apart to'fix them'

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I actually just took a couple of parts off of my stinky and put them on my XC bike that I sold (so I could sell it). But, its ok cause now I can use the money to upgrade the parts I took off. By the time it dries up, Ill be rollin on a couple of other new parts.

Meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by KillerSloth
    The Kona Wah Wahs should have a bit more grip as well because they have pins in the middle along the axle... Don't know how much of a difference it makes, but I'm sure it helps. This is also where some of the extra weight comes from... My Wah Wahs have held up to Northstar pretty well, they are tough.
    More pins does not mean more grip. It could prevent the foot from really sinking in. The foot may instead decide to ride on top of the pins.

The extra pins may contribute to some of the weight. It also has to do with the pin design (as I've already mentioned). There's actually a pretty big gap in weight between the Kona and the Deity.

Yes. The Kona is a good pedal. But it is not the exact same as the Deity. And I do prefer the Deity.