mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Paid Spam: Specialized Demo 8 Custom Build (Hadley, Mavic, FoxShox, Sunline, Saint, e

http://classifieds.mtbr.com/showprod...uct=54119&cat=

PRICE REDUCED to $2500... last buyer backed out last minute and I need to sell.

I'm selling my 2008 Specialized Demo 8 (Size L) . This is an amazing bike for several reasons:

1) I was a Fox Shox/Maxxis sponsored rider-- The bike has seen high quality care from somebody who knows their way around, and owns a torque wrench.
    2) Works Red Color. Only given to team riders and warranty replacements, the color is utterly incredible in person.
    3) $7500 of quality parts. I hand picked every part on this bike for a reason.

The bike comes with extra springs for Fox 40 (light, medium (Ti), stiff) and 400/450/500 pound rear shock springs. All manuals, paperwork, and custom sheet of instructions I have figured out over the past 2 years. The bike is freshly cleaned/torqued/lubed, the oil in the fork is new, the tires are fresh, and the bike is ready to rock. The bike is used and therefore has several things worth noting: scratches and chips on paint of bike frame and 40RC2, flat spot in rear rim, and shifting is a year old (It works fine, but full disclosure is a good policy). Bearings in the hubs were changed a year ago, and have life left in them. The picture is slightly off: custom chainstay protectors will be installed, cables will be zip tied back down, and specialized lo pro mag 2 pedals are included (not straitlines).

Part List:
    Wheels: Hadley SDH hubs (Titanium freehub, 72pt engagement) laced to Mavic 823 Tube/Tubeless rims (Wheelsmith spokes, brass nipples). Hand built and perfectly true, except for flat spot on rear rim. Bearings are in good condition, fully overhauled by Hadley a year ago.
    Tires: Maxxis Minion 3C 2.5 Front, Maxxis High Roller 2.5 Rear. Tubeless using stans, can be used with tubes. Both tires are LIGHTLY used and are in great condition.
    Fork: Fox Racing Shox 40 RC2. Amazing fork, and perfectly maintained. Fresh oil, seals in good condition. Comes with extra springs.
    Rear Shock: Fox DHX 5.0 CUSTOM TUNED for frame. TITANIUM spring, and custom tuning instructions included.
    Brakes: Avid Code Magnesium, 203mm Front and Rear. Freshly Bled.
    Shifting: SRAM X.9 Shifter and Rear Derailleur.
    Cassette: Shimano Ultegra 12-27 (Aluminum Spider)
    Handlebar: Sunline V-ONE OS 740mm Low rise.
    Stem: Syncros Bear Hug HD-- Is flipped for low ride height, can be flipped for high ride height.
    Grips: Sunline lock ons.
    Headset: Specialized/Cane Creek 45 degree bearing aheadset-- very rigid and you can replace the bearings yourself if you need too. (Good condition)
    Cranks: Shimano Saint 170mm. Bombproof and a great compliment to such a rigid frame.
    Chainguide/Rings: MRP System 3 with lexan bashguard (with aluminum spider), and FSA Guide ring 38t.
    Chain: SRAM PC-991 with powerlink
    Seatpost: Syncros FR Seatpost.
    Seat: SDG Bel-Air TITANIUM.
    Seatclamp: Specialized.
    Pedals: Specialized lo pro mag 2s.

So thats it! I live in Palo Alto CA... I will accept Cash or Paypal payments-- tell the king of Nigeria his Money Order won't work. The price is fairly firm but I will take best offer if nothing else surfaces.

Thank You for looking-- don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.
    Email: broberson@berkeley.edu

bikeboatbrewski
    How is the wheel base on that large? We have a lot of tight runs where I am at and need something that can take a turn at speedo.