Thread: Osprey Zealot?

Rides the Desert

Osprey Zealot?

Anyone using this pack? Ive never ventured into the DH/FR forum at all but since this is a DH specific pack I figured Id ask here. I know Osprey isnt exactly the BA brand that Fox or Dakine are, they come from a more outdoors/backpacking background. Anyway, I still think the Zealot looks totally sick and even though I'd be pressed to call myself an all mountain rider, I would almost get it if it wasnt so expensive. Anyway does anyone have on and have some info to share on it?

Freetard.
    I've never used this pack specifically, but osprey quality it generally worth the price. I lived out of an Aether 70 for 7 months straight while traveling around new zealand and australia... Never had a problem with it and it's still going strong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Khemical
    Those cables on the Socom look flexy

Pivotal figure
    I rode with one of the guys from Poison Spider (in Moab) last weekend and he was wearing one. Said it was pretty cool and had some nice features but we didn't go into detail very much. I do have several friends that haver been running various Osprey packs for years and they all swear by them. I've been looking at this pack as well as Deuter's stuff...
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

Too many Sedonuts...
    Quote Originally Posted by kenbentit View Post
    I rode with one of the guys from Poison Spider (in Moab) last weekend and he was wearing one. Said it was pretty cool and had some nice features but we didn't go into detail very much. I do have several friends that haver been running various Osprey packs for years and they all swear by them. I've been looking at this pack as well as Deuter's stuff...
    Hey Ken. I'm close to pulling the trigger on a zealot 16. If I do I'll bring it to beer thursday if you want to check it out.
    When the world slips you a Jeffrey, stroke the furry wall.

Pivotal figure
    Thanks Joe! Ummm, beer

pedaller
    SO? What happened? How was the beer? Errr, I mean did you get the Zealot?

I've been looking at it also. I really like having REAL hip pockets and a strap pocket! I like to be able to access my phone/gels/bars without having to remove the pack.

Just wondering...

"Nobody ever told me not to try" - Curious George Soundtrack by Jack Johnson

mtbr member
    Jan 2003
    Never used a Zealot but have a raptor 10 and love it. Great pack.

No Clue Crew
    Got a Manta 25 and haven't seen anything in another pack line yet that would make me switch from Osprey. Yet...

Pivotal figure
    I went with the Zealot 16 and it's by far the best pack I've ever seen. Fit is great, lots of pockets with easy access, secure and functional tool pouch plus a super solid reservoir. Considering this pack retails for only $20 more than the Dakine I was running it's a serious value. Oh yeah, they also have their "Almighty Guarantee" (lifetime!!).

pedaller
    Thanks for the info Kenny! I love the hip pockets and the phone pocket up front as well as the magnetic drink tube holder.

Does is collapse down when you don't need that much gear?

One of the shortcomings on my Talon is that when it's not full, my pump flops around in the big pocket and beats everything else up. It's also more floppy when lightly loaded in general.

I guess I'll have to drop some coin and get the zealot...
    "Nobody ever told me not to try" - Curious George Soundtrack by Jack Johnson

Pivotal figure
    It doesn't really collapse much but the overall footprint is amazingly compact even with all the stuff I carry. You can always go with the Zealot 10 if you want a smaller version, it has a narrower belt and I believe it doesn't have the waist pockets either (which I really love...)

No Clue Crew
    Fit is great, lots of pockets with easy access, secure and functional tool pouch plus a super solid reservoir,
    Plus, you can keep your tool right up close to your mouth

Too many Sedonuts...
    I went with the Zealot 16 and it's by far the best pack I've ever seen. Fit is great, lots of pockets with easy access, secure and functional tool pouch plus a super solid reservoir. Considering this pack retails for only $20 more than the Dakine I was running it's a serious value. Oh yeah, they also have their "Almighty Guarantee" (lifetime!!).
    You beat me to it. Bring it to beer Thursday so I can check it out...
    When the world slips you a Jeffrey, stroke the furry wall.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I've been running the 16 for several months and love it. I went with the 16 because for only 20 bucks more than the 10 you get the nicer hip belt with pockets as described above and of course the additional space if you ever desire to use it all and best of all the 16 doesn't weigh much more than the 10 anyway. My only issue is my bite valve has developed a leak.

mtbr member
    Does the Zealot include a reservoir ?

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Oskarsig View Post
    Does the Zealot include a reservoir ?
    Yes, it comes with a 3L reservoir

mtbr member
    jeffbfox; k thanks man