mtbr member

Orange Patriot and Morewood Zama vs. Morewood Kalula

Im having a next build decision dilema...Ive opted for either a Morewood or an Orange...they suit my local terrain well (wet, rocky, roots, fast).

Orange bikes seem to have a very similar single pivot sus system as Morewood

Ive been looking at the Orange Patriot

Orange Mountain Bikes - Orange Patriot

and the Morewwod Zama

Zama - Freeride - Bikes - Morewood

But deciding whether to go for one or the other is beyond me. I think they most likely to be very similar to ride.

Any opinions?

The other dilema is trying to answer the question, "would the Kalula be better than both?"

Kalula - Freeride - Bikes - Morewood

Any thoughts on this?
    Last edited by cfrench; 07-05-2012 at 03:33 PM.

Now with More Wood
    What sort of riding will you be doing? Any pedalling? If it's mainly uplift assisted, go for the Kalula...but if you are looking for a heavy-hitting do-it-all freeride bike that can also be built to pedal around and even climb, the Zama is your ticket. Here's a thread on the Zama for more detail:

Morewood Zama - the ONE?

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I too am wondering about the kalula also. It sounds like it would fit my riding and local trails. Hope more people would chime in about the kalula.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the pointer, i saw the thread aswell...cheers..nne thing i did notice was a mention of the Specialized Enduro EVO. Funnily enough that is the only other bike i was thinking about.

The Kalula is ruled out now as i ride alot when the lifts are non-operational (bad weather / out of season etc)

For sure ill buy into either an Orange Patriot, Morewood Zama or Specialized Enduro EVO. If i buy the Orange or the Morewood, it will get a cane creek db and the forks will be 180 vans or floats. If its the EVO it will be the top model.

Decision hasnt come yet...

My riding is on bike park grade mini DH courses in Scotland (often wet, quite rocky / loose shail and fast), lightish freeride and I ride the world cup track at Fort William often.
    Last edited by cfrench; 07-06-2012 at 11:13 AM.