mtbr member
    Jan 2004

opinions on Manitu Slider vs Z150 FR SL......

The usual uses: some urban, some trails, the weekend lift, some climbing.
    I live in Vermont(weekends) where I'll try to go tho the sky resorts as much as possible.
    And I work in Massachussets where I'll be going to the Lynnwoods as much as possible.

Buckle Up
    Quote Originally Posted by lalo
    The usual uses: some urban, some trails, the weekend lift, some climbing.
    I live in Vermont(weekends) where I'll try to go tho the sky resorts as much as possible.
    And I work in Massachussets where I'll be going to the Lynnwoods as much as possible.
    What bike will you be putting the fork on? And are you looking at the normal slider or the slider plus?
    <><

Jm.
    mtbr member
    you are comparing a 5.3lb single crown air fork with a 6.4lb dual crown coil fork. Not to mention that there is a slider and a slider +, but the comparission isn't exactly between two similer forks, so are you sure that's what you want to compare?

If it is, the DC fork will inherently be better for racing, the Z150SL is a pound lighter and a better fork for freeride and all-around riding, but it is an air fork, so it does have some tradeoffs. The sherman slider is a nice fork. I'd like to think that the shermans will hold up better over the long term than other past manitou forks(a weakness for manitous), it has a good damping system, and is light for a DC fork.
    I know in my heart that Ellsworth bikes are more durable by as much as double. AND they are all lighter...Tony Ellsworth

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieMan
    What bike will you be putting the fork on? And are you looking at the normal slider or the slider plus?
    Thanks for replying, I own a 03 Stinky (6"rear suspension), I thought the difference in weight between both forks was very close but I guess it is not. Since I am going to be riding at Lynnwoods I guess the lighter weight of the Z150 will be better for me, Thanks again guys.