mtbr member
    Nov 2006

One of THOSE days...

Have you ever had one of those riding "friends" that have ZERO shovel time complain about a project you've built, offer all the advice on "how to", "what you should do", "what you could do"? Have the nerve to ask when you'll think it'll be done? Go so far as to remove a feature that they didn't like?

I can't believe I'm still a free man at this point...

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Stop riding with these "friends", they sound like a real pain in the a$$ anyway.
    Last edited by danglingmanhood; 04-06-2013 at 08:15 AM.

The White Jeff W

Re: One of THOSE days...

I get that at my job. The people who don't have to do the work are always the ones with the big list of what you should do, and I'm not talking management
    No moss...

Glad to Be Alive
    tell him to come out and dig and give ideas then...and if he won't ...tell him don't fvck with the trail and don't tell me anything you fvcking poarcher
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Pivotal figure
    All the time. Best remark I've ever heard, "Oh yeah, saw you guys working on that. Would've come and helped but we were shuttling". Of course! Let us do the work so you can have fun on it later when I'm too wiped out to even pick my bike up. Luckily I like digging almost as much as riding so it's all good
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

Yes, that's fonetic
    Yeah, I get that too. A good one that I hear all too often: "You need to fix jump x on trail y."

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kenbentit View Post
    All the time. Best remark I've ever heard, "Oh yeah, saw you guys working on that. Would've come and helped but we were shuttling". Of course! Let us do the work so you can have fun on it later when I'm too wiped out to even pick my bike up. Luckily I like digging almost as much as riding so it's all good
    We have our trail to ourselves, my riding buddy that hits all the jumps that I made was hardly ever there when it was being built, and still hardly helps. Most of my digging apprentices still don't have the balls to hit what we have done. It kinda sucks sometimes.

Likewise, when it's time to put down the shovel and ride I'm all beat up making it risky hitting the gaps. Best consolation probably is the reward looking at the work you've done, and the credit goes all to the one that made the dirty work.
    Folangag