Thread: Number Plates

Loves His Sunday

Number Plates

Hey I've seen threads about this before and people have got yelled at because they don't deserve a number plate if they don't race and earn the number. But I don't race MTB, don't plan on racing MTB, and don't wanna hear any of that crap. So now with that said is there any place that sells MTB number plates or makes them. I only ride MTB to supplement MX which is my life. I would like to have my MX number on my bike for riding in the pits at the MX races and just riding in general. I just saw my friends bike with one and it looked sweet. But it was a free one a magazine sent him and it was all flimsy and stuff. Thanks for any help.
    SAYNDESYN on the Iron Horse Sunday,

"There is no weekness. It is the bike that Jesus built after he gave up carpentry."

Meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by mxrider489
    Hey I've seen threads about this before and people have got yelled at because they don't deserve a number plate if they don't race and earn the number. But I don't race MTB, don't plan on racing MTB, and don't wanna hear any of that crap. So now with that said is there any place that sells MTB number plates or makes them. I only ride MTB to supplement MX which is my life. I would like to have my MX number on my bike for riding in the pits at the MX races and just riding in general. I just saw my friends bike with one and it looked sweet. But it was a free one a magazine sent him and it was all flimsy and stuff. Thanks for any help.
    Knucklebone makes a pretty decent numberplate. I think the one I had was called the Holeshot or something.

Merrrrjig
    Jan 2004
    You would foresure be hardcore with a number on your bike, How stupid!

JFR
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by merrrrjig
    In the pits at road/dirt motorcycle races, "pit bikes" are very common for getting around the track and pits on. Pit bikes may be old mopeds, new mini-bikes, an mtb, etc. It's fairly popular to run your racing number on your pit bike at the races.

I would not leave it on my mtb for anything but pit bike use though, to trail ride with a number plate would be a little, um, funny.

RTM
    #1 Latex Salesman
    Quote Originally Posted by mxrider489
    where'd you get the one on your MX bike? order another.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by merrrrjig
    if he wants a number plate then whoo cares.......
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Cynical Bystander
    Here's the last number plate I used on my bike. Simple, effective, and bes tof all, 100% free.

Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    just get a smallish bmx one.

OR

if you have any old plastics laying around from other mx bikes cut one of those out and rig it on there.

no matter what you put on its not going to look cool so i wouldnt look for anything special.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    number plates on a mtb? wtf?
    "What would happen to the Weather Channel's ratings if people werent scared anymore?"

Loves His Sunday
    lol what a plethora of responses. To the guy who said I would be hardcore your soo right. I would be the coolest kid around and everybody would like me. That's what I'm goin for. And to the kid who said get the plate you have on your MX bike....MX bikes come with number plates, i thought that was common knowledge but guess not and it is 10X too big for an MTB. Thanks to anyone who actually helped. And if the idiots who posted stupid stuff read my original post.
    SAYNDESYN on the Iron Horse Sunday,

"There is no weekness. It is the bike that Jesus built after he gave up carpentry."

mtbr member
    If you want an awsome numberplate you've got to go old school 80's style and just use a paper plate. but if you want a real one i believe "THE" makes a decent one
    real men love pink. wait, no they dont, just i do