mtbr member
    May 2009

Norco Shore 2 help!

Anybody have experience with this bike? I found an awesome deal on it but don't know much about it. I just started doing DH and even though it's listed as a freeride bike I'm hoping it'd be fine for what I do (NRA/flagstaff/globe etc for those in AZ). Thanks for any info!

bike rider
    For resort riding I'd prefer the longer top tube, slacker head angle, and 1" more travel of a DH bike, but for pedal access DH and FR and shuttled trails that are slower and techy it will be good. It's a proven frame design with a reasonable weight and decent components.
    Keep the Country country.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I love mine and ride it at Post Canyon, Black Rock, and Whistler (among other trails). It's a bit higher in the BB and poppier than a proper downhill bike so don't expect it to blow through rough sections and rail corners as well as a bigger bike. That said it's a pretty plush 7" of travel. If you don't care about having the fastest bike possible but wanna go downhill and hit jumps/drops and just have a good time then you'll probably like this bike. It's plenty fun on downhill trails and even more fun in the air. Unless you need to win races I'd probably get one considering the good deal.

Keep in mind the interrupted seat tube. If you need the seat fully extended to pedal uphill you might wanna get a telescopic seat post.