Thread: Norco Fuse Help

mtbr member
    May 2008

Norco Fuse Help

Today I traded a custom bmx cruiser that I never used, for a 2004 norco fuse. I know next to nothing about freeeide bikes, but I would like to use it as my daily driver around town/trails. Before i get flamed for not using it for its purpose, just bear with me. I like the bike, I wanted something burly, and I think I got the better end of the deal, because I never rode the cruiser.

The Fuse is in pretty nice shape, but used. It needs a new chain, grips , and could use new derailer pulleys, before it can be ridden. Everything else looks solid. One problem though is the previous rider was about 150 lbs, and im more like 190. The suspension needs to be stiffened up for sure.

It looks mostly stock, but the front derailer has been removed, and a bashguard added. It also looks like it has a new seatpost.

I think this will make a pretty nice machine, that I plan on upgrading over time.

My question was, can I stiffen the suspension now? Or do I need to buy beefier springs? sorry if I sound like a newb, I am used to BMX.

PS ~anyone around seattle wanna help me out with this thing? lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Norco Fuse Help-cimg2101.jpg  

Norco Fuse Help-cimg2102.jpg  

Norco Fuse Help-cimg2103.jpg