mtbr member
    Feb 2011

Norco Atomik 2010

Hi, Looking to get my first downhill bike and have the chance of a used but immaculate large 2010 Norco Atomik.

Anyone know anything about these? Were they a good bike? Any reliability issues? etc.

Any info will be much appreciated,

Cheers.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    they are quite popular in whistler, im not sure someone correct me if i am wrong, but i think they might have been used for the summergravity camp, or the camp of champs a few years back, as a sponser.
    a few of my mates have them, and rate them highly. both my mates have 06 attomics, as far as i know the only issue theyve had is with the bearings. but that can happen on pretty much any bike.

mtbr member
    I don't have firsthand experience on the 2010s... mine was an 09. Norco switched to the curvier frame (like the 09 Team and A-line) on the Atomik in 2010 (I think it's also the last year they sold the Atomik). The geo differences are really subtle... I think it's just incremenetally shorter but overall, the geos are the same. Shock placement was lowered too, but I don't know if they kept the adjustable rear travel.

Atomiks are great plow bikes... don't expect them to be whippy and snappy... go get it!

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    My mate had an atomic 2009. Great bike, good build and no issues what so ever. I had the A-line 2009 and it was superb. Enough said.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Thanks for the replies. My research also confirms a re-design for 2010 (as shown below). I've read good things about the old design (2005?-2009), though I understand that 07's, 08's and un-gusseted 09's had a precautionary recall, in the States at least! Not been able to find much out on the newer design, obviously I want a good handling bike but frame reliability is the most important factor to me. (Was also considering an Orange 224 but have discovered too many instances of failure.)

Last edited by Stu McGroo; 12-25-2012 at 05:04 PM.