mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Nice saddle suggestion for FR bikes? thanks

Hello I am looking for a saddle for my new FR bike, I donít usually sit on it when I go down but I still need a nice saddle for me to ride uphill. Budget is around 50-100GBP ( 80 to 160USD ). I donít know much about saddle so can you please suggest some nice ideas for me? My previous one is a Fizik Tundra on my 140mm AM bike, the saddle fit me very well but I think I need a saddle with a little more pad for my new 180mm FR bike. Any suggestion will be appreciate!

Thank you very much.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Please help, I really have no idea about saddle, thanks!

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I use a I Beam SDG setup, ISky + Micro seatpost. Got the lot from Chain Reaction for less than £90.
    Saved my backside from eating my bike a few times, but not so fat as you cant sit and pedal on it.

mtbr member
    Why do you feel you need more padding? I would think on a FR bike you would spend less time on the saddle than on an AM bike.

Now with More Wood
    I like my current saddle, the Spank Subrosa Freeride saddle. A bit heavy, but OK padding, and takes abuse well. Not the most comfortable for all day pedalling, but like I said, good for techincal/aggressive riding. Pretty good value, too...40 pounds on Chainreaction...

mtbr member
    I like minimal (but effective and smartly placed) padding and light weight when I pick a saddle. There's a lot of big soft squishy saddles out there that aren't too comfy and cost a lot. If you ride in cycling shorts with your baggies over them versus boxers and baggies you can get away with thinner padding and actually be a ton more comfortable. Just food for thought.

I've been digging the Specialized Henge right now. Light, comfy, durable. All you need.
    The arsonist has oddly shaped feet!

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    I use a cheap Sette Strike saddle I got for $14 off Price Point. It's perfectly fine.
    -Skimming the successpool of corporate America-

mtbr member
    Nuke Proof's Plasma saddle's pretty sweet. Minimal graphics, fairly light and cheap.

Pee's in the H8teraid
    I do alot of climbing with mine so I got a SDG Bel Air Ti.
    I have one on my trail bike too.
    '10 SXT
    '10 Demo 8
    '09 Yeti DJ

mtbr member
    Been very happy with Azonic's Journey - lightweight freeride saddle with longer padded nose but minimal rear so climbing isn't as bad as most freeride specific saddles.

Have FUN!

G MAN
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

brake later, pedal sooner
    WTB rocket v team

Im a Cowboy
    I really get along with the DMR longhaul saddle, comfy and with enough length in front to be able to push against with my thighs when leaning into things in a standing position

Saddles are a really personal thing though, it takes loads of trying different stuff to find what works for you and theres no real short cuts (asking on a forum can give some pointers but its a bit like asking "what Should I put on my Pizza?"...)?
    DON'T TELL ME I'M STILL ON THAT FECKIN' ISLAND! ....

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I love my Chromag Lynx