Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jmallory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    710

    New pics of new parts on my Blindside

    So I have upgraded a few things on my Blindside and I thought I'd share some pics. Upgrades include: Shimano XT brakeset, Azonic Outlaw wheelset, Saint pedals, Geax rubber, and Boxxer fork. It's pretty much where I want it and have been really happy with it!!


    Attachment 743684

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jmallory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    710
    Attachment didn't work, lets try this one
    New pics of new parts on my Blindside-image.jpg

  3. #3
    Yes, that's fonetic
    Reputation: whodaphuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    3,720
    It's...colorful.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    186
    I love it! Well apart from that front derailleur, are you really using all those gears?
    2011 Custom Transition TR250

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jmallory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    710
    The color isn't for everyone but I got an awesome deal on it because of it and I figured I might as well keep going with the blue accents. I do use the FD, I have to pedal everything I ride so it was pretty essential. It's not the most pedal friendly bike but it makes it up everything and makes me stronger on my trail bike.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,078
    I think it looks sick man! I love colorful rigs, as long as you having the skill to back it up

  7. #7
    usually cranky
    Reputation: b-kul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    9,927
    i think it is sick, i would take the decals off the rims though

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jmallory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    710
    Quote Originally Posted by b-kul View Post
    i think it is sick, i would take the decals off the rims though
    I did, they came like this
    New pics of new parts on my Blindside-image.jpg

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    186
    I've got an 11-36 cassette with a 36t front ring on my TR250 and I pedal everything on it as its my only bike, what cassette do you have? Ninespeed right? So 11-34? Why did you choose a DC fork if you have to pedal on it? And leave the rims like they are now, de-stickered rims look cheap :P What bar are you running BTW?

    /One last question, never heard of those Geaxes before, how are you liking them?
    2011 Custom Transition TR250

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jmallory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    710
    Quote Originally Posted by Pädi View Post
    I've got an 11-36 cassette with a 36t front ring on my TR250 and I pedal everything on it as its my only bike, what cassette do you have? Ninespeed right? So 11-34? Why did you choose a DC fork if you have to pedal on it? And leave the rims like they are now, de-stickered rims look cheap :P What bar are you running BTW?

    /One last question, never heard of those Geaxes before, how are you liking them?
    Yes, it is an 11-34 cassette and I put a DC fork on it cause I do ride DH on it but I have to pedal to the top of most trails. I don't do much shuttling. I've gotten pretty used to pedaling it and I don't mind slugging along. It's actually made me quicker and stronger on my trail bike. I'm running an Easton Havoc DH bar and I do like the Geax tires. On par with Maxxis for width, a little rounder but really good grip. Mounted up tubeless really well too. A little heavy but I will probably buy them again when these wear out.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    186
    Quote Originally Posted by jmallory View Post
    Yes, it is an 11-34 cassette and I put a DC fork on it cause I do ride DH on it but I have to pedal to the top of most trails. I don't do much shuttling. I've gotten pretty used to pedaling it and I don't mind slugging along. It's actually made me quicker and stronger on my trail bike. I'm running an Easton Havoc DH bar and I do like the Geax tires. On par with Maxxis for width, a little rounder but really good grip. Mounted up tubeless really well too. A little heavy but I will probably buy them again when these wear out.
    Ah okay, thanks for your reply Well then I understand if you've got a trail bike as well. Thought it was your only bike. Anyhow, really sick bike! Shame they quit making the Blindside :/
    2011 Custom Transition TR250

  12. #12
    DenverDH'er
    Reputation: rep_1969's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2,118
    Nice.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •